• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Lutton what he stands for.

mindgames

QUESTIONS from unionist Mid Ulster voters about the stance of unionist unity candidate Nigel Lutton on the Union Flag protests and other issues have vanished from his official website.
Voters

Questions about Mr Lutton’s position on several policy areas were raised on a Facebook page set up just days ago by his campaign team.

There had been questions about whether Mr Lutton supported the flag protests and whether he was in favour of Sinn Fein being allowed to be in government.

There were also observations from some Mid Ulster voters that after several days the questions had not been answered. But yesterday afternoon 11 comments on the page were removed.

Last night Ms Sherrard, one of those who had been asking some of the questions, confirmed that she had not removed her comments and said: “They must have removed them.”

She told the News Letter: “I had asked him what he thought of the flag protests and if he supported them. I also asked him if he would be sitting with Sinn Fein or be a puppet of the DUP and UUP.

“I also asked him if he had a voice of his own or whether they would do that for him.

“I wanted him to tell the people of Mid Ulster why we should vote for him as he hasn’t been near my house canvassing. I’m raging that they have removed my comments as there are a lot of people in Mid Ulster who want answers

They seek him here, they seek him there
Those unionists seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That demned elusive luttonel.

petunia

I wonder if the people of mid ulster will get their answers.

theloner

Q. Lutton what he stands for?

The DUP, with poodle Mike TV embarrassingly nodding his head vigorously in agreement even though he hasn't heard what Robbo has said yet. Then when the unity muscles need to be flexed, wheel out his father's memory to stir the pot. Any wonder McCallister facked aff.

If unionism had any brains it would be gently stroking the hair of Irish/NI nationalists whom they seem to be convinced want to be good, obedient subjects of the UK that the Spotlight poll has clearly illustrated, but no, that would be too reasonable...?

Enjoy being represented by Francie Molloy, who will no doubt within the next few weeks, be linked to Lutton senior's death.

physicist

A great debate topic, it's a shame he's not here or that people are not really interviewing him to find out.

between the bridges

He stands for unionist unity! Which in reality is non existent, 'unionism' includes every shade from alliance voters to those who think the TUV are lightweight moderates.
The time Rodney Connors lost by 4 votes there where approx 15 spoilt ballots with TUV scrawled across them and like most PUL in Fermanagh i could tell you 4 unionist voters that didn't vote for Connors!

In my ideal world this guy would win and then join the new unionist party!

J

Johnny Boy

He stands for unionist unity! Which in reality is non existent, 'unionism' includes every shade from alliance voters to those who think the TUV are lightweight moderates.
The time Rodney Connors lost by 4 votes there where approx 15 spoilt ballots with TUV scrawled across them and like most PUL in Fermanagh i could tell you 4 unionist voters that didn't vote for Connors!
Whinge all you like about spoilt/split votes -the same applies on both sides. There were probably more republican dissidents abstaining last time around, all told, than unionists, for whatever reason. The constituency has had a nationalist majority for at least 40 years and that has been growing slowly.
The fact that a unionist unity candidate can no longer win it even with a split nationalist vote, suggests that it is probably never going to swing unionist ever again.
Unionists are not a homogenous bunch anyway. If I was born into a unionist family and grew up genuinely believing in that cause, there is no way I'd ever want to be represented by bible thumping Neanderthals who want to impose their religious values on society by means of political legislation. Therefore I wouldn't vote for someone who did, just to win a sectarian dick measuring contest.

theloner

In my ideal world this guy would win and then join the new unionist party!
That is a welcomed development. Pass me the vokda!

devonish

Whinge all you like about spoilt/split votes -the same applies on both sides. There were probably more republican dissidents abstaining last time around, all told, than unionists, for whatever reason. The constituency has had a nationalist majority for at least 40 years and that has been growing slowly.
The fact that a unionist unity candidate can no longer win it even with a split nationalist vote, suggests that it is probably never going to swing unionist ever again.
Unionists are not a homogenous bunch anyway. If I was born into a unionist family and grew up genuinely believing in that cause, there is no way I'd ever want to be represented by bible thumping Neanderthals who want to impose their religious values on society by means of political legislation. Therefore I wouldn't vote for someone who did, just to win a sectarian dick measuring contest.
Agree with a fair amount of what you say, would be more inclined to vote for particular members of the SDLP than say Poots or Willie McCrea.

vivabrigada

TUV/DUP/UU Candidate refuses TV debate with Francie Molloy. NOT easy explaining where all of Above stand For & Against Good Fri Agreement.
Martin McGuinness.

Mickeymac

He hasn't a hope in hell. Have you seen him in action? :lol: I apologise if he has a speech problem or in the early symptoms of dementia, but the Wullie is a better orator than this no-mark

Luton should not have allowed onionist politicos to manipulate him into all of this considering his baggage, anyways, I am more angry with the stoops fielding a candidate in view of all this devious unity candidate started by the onionists.

Portadown madman

Luton should not have allowed onionist politicos to manipulate him into all of this considering his baggage, anyways, I am more angry with the stoops fielding a candidate in view of all this devious unity candidate started by the onionists.
. Are you still breathing, you utter cretin.

death or glory

Q. Lutton what he stands for?

Enjoy being represented by Francie Molloy, who will no doubt within the next few weeks, be linked to Lutton senior's death.
What, do you think somebody standing to represent the British Parliament, as honest and honourable as a SF candidate could be responsible for being part of a Ira sectarian murder gang.
Mr Lutton is a gentleman and deserves to win. If nationalists had any conscience they would refuse to vote for a man suspected of IRA involvement.

Dame_Enda

The SDLP should stand aside to keep the seat in Nationalist hands.

vivabrigada

What, do you think somebody standing to represent the British Parliament, as honest and honourable as a SF candidate could be responsible for being part of a Ira sectarian murder gang.
Mr Lutton is a gentleman and deserves to win. If nationalists had any conscience they would refuse to vote for a man suspected of IRA involvement.
Nationalists should vote for a Unionist because some eejit calling himself death or glory and has the laughable "diamond dan" as his avatar thinks the unionist candidate is a gentleman?
Do you ever listen to yourself?;)
Why don't you go and canvas them with your message?

J

Johnny Boy

Nationalists should vote for a Unionist because some eejit calling himself death or glory and has the laughable "diamond dan" as his avatar thinks the unionist candidate is a gentleman?
Do you ever listen to yourself?;)
Why don't you go and canvas them with your message?
Gentleman or not, his uncle was a member of the Glenanne gang who murdered innocent Catholics at random. Will he be making a statement disowning this uncle as part of some outreach programme to attract catholic votes, or is that beneath a "gentleman"?

Glenshane4

Gentleman or not, his uncle was a member of the Glenanne gang who murdered innocent Catholics at random. Will he be making a statement disowning this uncle as part of some outreach programme to attract catholic votes, or is that beneath a "gentleman"?
Is the uncle dead? If so, what was his name?

J

Johnny Boy

If nationalists had any conscience they would refuse to vote for a man suspected of IRA involvement.
Don't vote for SF myself but this is just pots and kettles, tbh. Far too many unionists look down on SF voters and then happily troop out and vote DUP, and aren't remotely troubled by their own double standards. The DUP were fellow travellers of loyalist murder gangs during the Troubles and everybody knows it. If SF supporters are scum then the same applies to DUP voters.