• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Madeleine McCann

sgtharper

Humans knew that the earth was round for much longer that is generally understood .

The McCann were almost certainly responsible for the disappearance of Madeleine's body. You are in a small minority if you believe otherwise . There are always Gullables about , hence the conman can make a buck .

Time and consience of the Tapas will reveal all !
Utter bilge, and it's "Gullible" by the way, you should know that from your school reports.

petaljam

Accidental death does not make a crime scene. A child can be shook to death other than a messy fall or hitting of the head. How would one know the actual time sequence of events they wouldn't have to fit the assumed abduction scenario? Or as a poster said death could also have been caused by an unintentional overdose. The consequences if found out could lead to one or both being disallowed to continue practicing medicine. One could have sympathy with parents in such a scenario. Their child is unintentionally dead as a result of a parents action. It would become about damage limitation and if they were my close friends I would help them, just as their friends may have done so. The fact of known police ineptitude might have bolstered their belief in being able to carry off a coverup. It's all possible, even if I think it's less likely to have happened.
Several of the others were doctors too, weren't they? One may have been a lawyer IIRC.

Are we really meant to think they would all risk their own professional and personal reputations lying to cover up a child being killed, especially if it wasn't an accident but the result of parents drugging their child? Or shaking it to death. Especially if they were doctors FFS. And they have two other children still in their care.

Personally I wouldn't do it. I don't think many people would, no matter how much sympathy you might feel for your mates. But TBH if I discovered my mates had been drugging their kids and that one of them had died as a result, I think I might revise my opinion of them a tad.

Wouldn't you?

petaljam

Oh okay. Let’s run with that. Hits the child, child falls, hits her head and dies. Both doctors, check her pulse, oh she’s dead, nothing can be done about it. Don’t bother trying to resuscitate or call an ambulance. No, all done. Clean up the crime scene, prepare the body for disposal. Then it’s either a) dispose of the body and go out for dinner and drinks with prepared plan to discover her missing, or b) decide to dispose of the body during one of the routine checks while out for dinner and drinks. All this within a very short time frame (gotta be at dinner on time), know where to dispose of the body so it can’t be found, etc.

Really? Like, really???
And then sit around chatting at dinner time, have a few drinks, all the while mentally preparing your script for when you're going to go back to the house and act the distraught parents in a couple of hours.

They'd be in the running for Oscars for a performance like that. :roll:

GDPR

Several of the others were doctors too, weren't they? One may have been a lawyer IIRC.

Are we really meant to think they would all risk their own professional and personal reputations lying to cover up a child being killed, especially if it wasn't an accident but the result of parents drugging their child? Or shaking it to death. Especially if they were doctors FFS. And they have two other children still in their care.

Personally I wouldn't do it. I don't think many people would, no matter how much sympathy you might feel for your mates. But TBH if I discovered my mates had been drugging their kids and that one of them had died as a result, I think I might revise my opinion of them a tad.

Wouldn't you?
It is unbelievably ridiculous. That is why when pushed the conspiriloons start hinting they were all part of a child paedophile ring.

The only advice I think is real, proper and germane is by no means assume such resorts are safe. They are not. The Algarve is full of criminals, the people who work in resorts are not always well-paid and well-trained, and you cannot rely on security measures. Broadly speaking, they have eff all. They want your money, they really dont care beyond.

That is fact, not dramarama.

effer

Wouldn't you?
Please, I;m not suggesting that they did deliberate murder. Just the possibility of an accidental death. Would you not help a close friend in such a situation? Helping a friend in such a situation would not do damage to one's professional self, unless helping a friend is now a crime.
It's quite possible that either parent could have administered a sleeping aid that somehow could have accidentally caused an overdose in the administration. Apart from the professional damage done to the McCanns if found out, what if a parent had accidentally caused death due to a parent's temper, by covering up, their other kids would never need to know that they caused their sister's death.

If that didn't happen somebody entered the apartment and abducted the child unbeknownst to anybody, which crazy does one pick?

silverharp

Please, I;m not suggesting that they did deliberate murder. Just the possibility of an accidental death. Would you not help a close friend in such a situation? Helping a friend in such a situation would not do damage to one's professional self, unless helping a friend is now a crime.
It's quite possible that either parent could have administered a sleeping aid that somehow could have accidentally caused an overdose in the administration. Apart from the professional damage done to the McCanns if found out, what if a parent had accidentally caused death due to a parent's temper, by covering up, their other kids would never need to know that they caused their sister's death.

If that didn't happen somebody entered the apartment and abducted the child unbeknownst to anybody, which crazy does one pick?
?? in no month of sundays would i help a couple hide the body of a child

effer

And then sit around chatting at dinner time, have a few drinks, all the while mentally preparing your script for when you're going to go back to the house and act the distraught parents in a couple of hours.

They'd be in the running for Oscars for a performance like that. :roll:
If the child was accidentally killed the parents would be distraught. For all one knows death could have occurred the day before.

effer

?? in no month of sundays would i help a couple hide the body of a child
A heavy weight tied to a body. plenty of cliffs off Portugal. You wouldn't have to help them hide the body. Just not tell what happened. They're doctors who're used to death and not being emotional about it.

Lagertha

People like me... its bells like you that believe ************************ you are reading in the paper to be true rather than maybe think about the basic facts, that the police would have arrested said parents if the believed they had done anything wrong. But have they ????????
They haven't really tried to hide away have they in a hope that it would go away and everyone would forget about them.
.. doesn't matter if they are nice middle class family , The Portuguese don't go with the class based nonsense you seen to think is at play. various officers does not mean they are guilty I have yet to read any senior Police statement saying what you say.
so its People like you sitting in your high chair spouting hate about parents who admit they did wrong and who now will live there whole life with the guilt of these actions and there little Daughter who is missing because of them.
You have no idea what you're talking about, stop embarrassing yourself.

sgtharper

Accidental death does not make a crime scene. A child can be shook to death other than a messy fall or hitting of the head.
Leaving aside your somewhat strangled syntax may I just point out that the death of a child through having been "shook to death" is most definitely a crime, and the location where it took place is therefore a Crime Scene? The location of any suspicious death is at the very least what the Police would call "a Scene" and is treated as such in terms of being secured and preserved for examination until it is declared of no further evidential interest.
How would one know the actual time sequence of events they wouldn't have to fit the assumed abduction scenario? Or as a poster said death could also have been caused by an unintentional overdose. The consequences if found out could lead to one or both being disallowed to continue practicing medicine. One could have sympathy with parents in such a scenario. Their child is unintentionally dead as a result of a parents action. It would become about damage limitation and if they were my close friends I would help them, just as their friends may have done so. The fact of known police ineptitude might have bolstered their belief in being able to carry off a coverup. It's all possible, even if I think it's less likely to have happened.
Yeah, inasmuch as I can make any sense at all of your rambling and confused post I'm afraid that this is what is called in the Military, "Situating the Appreciation" and is the direct and less desirable opposite to "Appreciating the Situation", which is what they are trained to do.
In short, you and others have decided for some bizarre reason that the simplest and most reasonable explanation for the disappearance of Madeline McCann and the one accepted by the Police forces of both Portugal and the UK, is wrong. Having made up your mind on this, for no intellectually defensible reason I might add, you then go on to select whatever facts, non-facts, rumours, alternative explanations, minor inconsistencies or whatever you can find to support the conclusion you had already arrived at.

Well all of these theories are nonsense, plain and simple nonsense, and the more you talk about them the more nonsensical they become.

sgtharper

^^^^^^
That would only suggest that the McCanns also could have done what most people believe they have done .
No, it wouldn't, because the McCann's are not low-functioning semi-morons like Shannon Matthews and her accomplice for a start.

And by the way, "most people" DON'T think the McCann's have anything to do with their daughter's disappearance, you seem to be confusing your pals at the Drop-in Centre with normal people.

Strawberry

The thing I don't understand about the McCann haters is that they all bash the McCann's to high heaven for leaving their children alone while they went for a meal, and then in the next breath furiously deny that the children being left alone could possibly have resulted in someone taking Madeliene.

GDPR

The thing I don't understand about the McCann haters is that they all bash the McCann's to high heaven for leaving their children alone while they went for a meal, and then in the next breath furiously deny that the children being left alone could possibly have resulted in someone taking Madeliene.
Because it basically comes down to a staged breast-beating that though humble people, not doctors or lawyers, they love their kids, right, would never do nuffing to hurt em, not like them middle class.

GDPR

I think a lot of it has to do with people wanting to psychologically fool themselves that they are good people and therefore projecting their own darkness out unto others, the Mc Canns in this case, and making them sort of a scapegoat in the Biblical sense.

Strawberry

Because it basically comes down to a staged breast-beating that though humble people, not doctors or lawyers, they love their kids, right, would never do nuffing to hurt em, not like them middle class.
That's another thing I don't get, the conviction that exists in some quarters that if they'd been working class their other kids would have been taken off them after they were known to have left them alone. One look at the sad death of working class child Peter Connolly, who was slowly tortured to death under the noses of social workers, gives the lie to that but why let facts get in the way of a chip on the shoulder?

GDPR

That's another thing I don't get, the conviction that exists in some quarters that if they'd been working class their other kids would have been taken off them after they were known to have left them alone. One look at the sad death of working class child Peter Connolly, who was slowly tortured to death under the noses of social workers, gives the lie to that but why let facts get in the way of a chip on the shoulder?
They dont even believe this themselves.

They are encouraged to view themselves as the salt of the earth wot made England by foreign buccaneers such as Rupert Murdoch - stay thick, angry and righteous, and vote yourself out of the EU.

effer

Leaving aside your somewhat strangled syntax may I just point out that the death of a child through having been "shook to death" is most definitely a crime, and the location where it took place is therefore a Crime Scene? The location of any suspicious death is at the very least what the Police would call "a Scene" and is treated as such in terms of being secured and preserved for examination until it is declared of no further evidential interest.

Yeah, inasmuch as I can make any sense at all of your rambling and confused post I'm afraid that this is what is called in the Military, "Situating the Appreciation" and is the direct and less desirable opposite to "Appreciating the Situation", which is what they are trained to do.
In short, you and others have decided for some bizarre reason that the simplest and most reasonable explanation for the disappearance of Madeline McCann and the one accepted by the Police forces of both Portugal and the UK, is wrong. Having made up your mind on this, for no intellectually defensible reason I might add, you then go on to select whatever facts, non-facts, rumours, alternative explanations, minor inconsistencies or whatever you can find to support the conclusion you had already arrived at.

Well all of these theories are nonsense, plain and simple nonsense, and the more you talk about them the more nonsensical they become.
Look, rape trials happen even though an actual rape may not have happened. Likewise in a crime scene.

You don't know what the police believe only what they tell the media. It's quite possible that a senior police officer could believe what I propose yet go along with the abduction story. If a parent accidentally caused her child's death that's truly tragic and I would have great sympathy for such a parent. A police officer would be aware of the traumatic effects of an official investigation for such a happening would have on parents. A trial in a foreign country etc. It could be best to go along with damage limitation out of decency, just like their close friends. Do you really think your explanation is the simplest and most reasonable? Simple alright but not very smart.

rob

Look, rape trials happen even though an actual rape may not have happened. Likewise in a crime scene.

You don't know what the police believe only what they tell the media. It's quite possible that a senior police officer could believe what I propose yet go along with the abduction story. If a parent accidentally caused her child's death that's truly tragic and I would have great sympathy for such a parent. A police officer would be aware of the traumatic effects of an official investigation for such a happening would have on parents. A trial in a foreign country etc. It could be best to go along with damage limitation out of decency, just like their close friends. Do you really think your explanation is the simplest and most reasonable? Simple alright but not very smart.
it is also possible a senior police officer could actually believe in the abduction theory
You don't know what the police believe only what they tell the media.
That is true and is true in all of these types of threads. The police do not show what they know unless they have an operational reason and often hold back details for operational and investigatory reasons

dresden8

God you're so full of b.s. 'Well regarded medical professionals' doesn't have mean they were of good character. You still not telling what you're basing that opinion on. You're disregarding the opinion of a past employee - i note. Intelligent criminals in professions find it easy to pass themselves off as people of good character.
Really? I think that most normal, grounded people would say that on balance, it does.
You've been tugging the forelock to your betters "on the mainland" for too long sarge.

Respectable middle class people, even doctors, can do terrible things. They're not better than anybody else.

Sure one of the most prolific serial killers belongs to a group of people you say can do no wrong. The people of Hyde might not agree with you.

And no, before you say it, I'm not saying the McCanns are serial killers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

The inquiry identified 218 victims and estimated his total victim count at 250
I suppose it's true though, doctors are generally high achievers, and very respectable.

The Field Marshal

You have no idea what you're talking about, stop embarrassing yourself.
Amazing.
The first post from you devoid of an outburst of vile hatred towards the parents of small children who are abducted or ill.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies