Madeleine McCann

recedite

Aren‘t name changes part of the public record? Whatever he called himself, he’d have a hard time concealing his identity for long anywhere in RoI. Anyway, if we choose to have a system that lets such people out, we rather than foreigners should live with the consequences.
Sure interpol, could probably still track him after the name change. But he could move in next door to you, and you would not have a clue who he was.
Indeed, the police have a policy of not telling people when a sex offender moves into their area. The public are not given access to the list of registered sex offenders.

redhead

I see reports that the McCanns have been told by German officials they have evidence she was killed.

I don't have children and can't imagine what it must be like to lose one, but to have been through that much suffering and to have been so horribly misjudged in the process doesn't bear thinking about.

I hope those poor parents find some peace and forgive themselves for whatever minor part they played, in the same way that a parent who looks away for a minute in a public park and their child is snatched has to.

I doubt there is very little difference in the reproach and self recrimination in either case, but to have been subject to the endless scrutiny seems unnecessarily cruel.

I hope all those people who pointed the finger at them feel suitably silenced.

recedite

I hope those poor parents find some peace and forgive themselves for whatever minor part they played, in the same way that a parent who looks away for a minute in a public park and their child is snatched has to.

I doubt there is very little difference in the reproach and self recrimination in either case, but to have been subject to the endless scrutiny seems unnecessarily cruel.

Seems like you are pointing the finger at them, while wagging it at everyone else too.

Buchaill Dana

I see reports that the McCanns have been told by German officials they have evidence she was killed.

I don't have children and can't imagine what it must be like to lose one, but to have been through that much suffering and to have been so horribly misjudged in the process doesn't bear thinking about.

Lets see if there is anything to it first. We have been here before

Ardillaun

Sure interpol, could probably still track him after the name change. But he could move in next door to you, and you would not have a clue who he was.
Indeed, the police have a policy of not telling people when a sex offender moves into their area. The public are not given access to the list of registered sex offenders.
For a really high profile offender, though, it would surely be difficult to stay anonymous these days? I suspect one might even get a few leaks from official sources.

redhead

Seems like you are pointing the finger at them, while wagging it at everyone else too.
I don't see how you could possibly have got that from my post. I was commenting on the prevailing narrative. I suspect I hit a nerve.

Everyone? No. Those who deserve it. Absolutely.

There's a massive difference between accusing a parent of being involved in the death of their child and pointing out the people doing the accusing were in the wrong.

Nothing will bring her child back, but at least she will now have peace of mind and hopefully peace from those so incapable of manufacturing any internal joy that their biggest thrill in life is going onto the internet and tearing people's lives apart for entertainment.

People in the public eye have buckled under less scrutiny. If Kate MccCann had committed suicide the same people would have been gnashing and wailing about how tragic it was.

I have no problem pointing the finger at people over that if there's a chance it will make them stop and think.

TakeitAll

It is a strange one, what possible evidence could the germans have which proves she is dead but without having her remains or..?

Betson

It is a strange one, what possible evidence could the germans have which proves she is dead but without having her remains or..?

Hard to know what that evidence could be , maybe an item of clothes linked to the victim etc. But if they had that they would surely have revealed that by now. They are searching a property linked to the suspect in Hanover today in relation to the McCann case.

Looking at a TV show the other night It seems this chap came on the radar for this disappearance because he was blabbing about it in a pub in Germany one night that said he knew exactly where she was when an item came on the TV about it , and members of public who heard him informed the police.

Police then looked him up and seen by his previous record that he was the type of person(Child abuser and burglar) that could be in involved and had lived in Portugal at the time.

But the real red flag was when they found an old pay as you go phone number linked to him and crossed referenced it with Portuguese police and found not only was it in the same resort but by GPS technology they could put that phone within meters of the apartment minutes before she disappeared , and by Portuguese police records show he was active in burglaries in the area at the time., although never interviewed about this case by the Portuguese police. At the time they had no way of linking that phone to him at the time.

Madeleine McCann: German police search allotment in Hanover

toughbutfair

“Hope” seems like the wrong word when I say that I hope they find her body in that allotment in Hanover. Horrible for the parents but a funeral, burial and end to doubt will be something.

Betson

“Hope” seems like the wrong word when I say that I hope they find her body in that allotment in Hanover. Horrible for the parents but a funeral, burial and end to doubt will be something.

Even if he did kill her , it is very unlikely he managed to smuggle her back to Germany.

More than likely the best they can hope for is to find some item of clothing or DNA linked to her on his property , seemingly he kept items of clothing etc from some of his other victims whom he abused etc

Ardillaun

More than likely the best they can hope for is to find some item of clothing or DNA linked to her on his property , seemingly he kept items of clothing etc from some of his other victims whom he abused etc
Souvenirs would be likely in his case. In this search the police could find ones from unknown victims as well.

Dame_Enda

There was something on Sky News or CNN today that might give a clue on this. I think they said the police found buried hard drives. Perhaps the evidence of her death is in those? But who knows.

Glaucon

It doesn't bear thinking about how she met her end, or what she suffered beforehand at the hands of this beast. Vermin like this should face the electric chair.

Betson

The German police say they have hard evidence that he murdered her , but so far they have not released that. They are also looking to charge him with the rape of an Irish woman in Portugal in 2004.

You can see why he is a prime suspect with the mobile phone GPS putting him within yards of the McCann apartment minutes before her abduction.

He is a known burglar , rapist and child abuser. Very few people(even criminal types) fit the profile for random child abduction and murder.

But he fits it to a tee and had the opportunity. What is the likelihood of another unconnected person who fits that profile just happening to be in the exact same area at the same time. Not impossible , but certainly improbable.

Dame_Enda

Sky saying a hole the German police dug yesterday, 15 m across and 3 ft deep is largely being filled in again.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom