Madeleine McCann

emulator

Indeed, but did you see any articles by psychologists commenting on their behaviour, as opposed to the sort of thing I was talking about?

And where did it lead them in this case then?

Or maybe it was quite normal for people like them, highly-educated medical professionals used to thinking quickly and logically in times of stress and who don't feel the need to "emote" openly or display their grief for the cameras?
You may have hit the nail on the head there without knowing....

When it comes to emotions such as grief, you don't decide whether you "feel the need" to "emote" your grief.... it's uncontrollable.

I have a belief that a sequence of events took place that night that might not necessarily match with their story.... that's my belief based on a gut feeling response to their behaviour.

It's my belief and nothing will change that.

emulator

As far a I recall, they were prepped by a psychologist beforehand in case the child or her abducter were watching, so emotional responses would have been rehearsed to cause as little anguish as possible.
I've never heard of this being done....

Was it done in the more recent cases where children have gone missing over the last couple of years ? Have you any links to articles ?

The Field Marshal

Charming

There was a child minding service available in the place they were staying.
So what?

They were not obliged to use it and felt that occasional monitoring was adequate in the circumstances.
Its not the McCanns fault that somebody abducted their child.

It has been pointed out to you several times that many Irish parents leave their kids unattended in the hotel bedroom and go down to the bar checking back occasionaly to see that things are ok.

Your idiotic clownish position is that no parent should ever leave a child alone anywhere at any time.

That makes you an indifferent scaremongering fascist pig ready to heap injury and wounds on already fearful and struggling parents.

Where as you leave yours unattended whilst you go to the pub
More of your putrid lies and scaremongering.

Everything about you stinks of death.

googolplex

I've never heard of this being done....

Was it done in the more recent cases where children have gone missing over the last couple of years ? Have you any links to articles ?
I cant post a link due to too few posts, however if you google interviews re. press conference, the info is there, below is an exerpt from an interview with Kate.

She'd also spoken with a behavioral expert who'd given specific advice on how to act at the press conference, Kate says. "They said, 'It's quite important that you don't show any emotion, because the abductor could get some kind of adverse kick out of it,'" she says. "When you get the feeling that if you do [something] it could be detrimental in some way to your daughter, there's a huge pressure on you to do well."

laidback

So what?

They were not obliged to use it and felt that occasional monitoring was adequate in the circumstances.

It has been pointed out to you several times that many Irish parents leave their kids unattended in the hotel bedroom and go down to the bar checking back occasionaly to see that things are ok.
There were two babysitting options - an evening creche included in the holiday price or the nannies who minded madeleine in the daytime creche were available at an hourly rate to babysit in the evening. Now I cant understand why 2 doctors would opt to get up and down from the dinner table at 30 min intervals to check on their three children under 4, when these services were available.

You compare being downstairs in the hotel bar while your children are upstairs sleeping in your hotel room. This was not the case here. the children were in a ground floor unlocked apartment adjacent to a public road and the parents were in a nearby tapas bar from which they did not have a clear view of their apartment. the walk from the tapas bar to the apartment was c.120 metres each way.

In the book Madeleine, Kate McCann says she did not want to leave her children with strangers hence the evening checking service. This would be understandable if the only babysitting service available was to get some local girl from a noticeboard. In the book she does not mention the nanny babysitting service and why she did not use it. the nannies were not strangers and seem to have seen more of Madeleine on that holiday than the parents did.

petaljam

So what?

They were entirely wrong though, weren't they? And it is disingenuous to claim that it was unforeseeable that anything could go wrong with their lackadaisical style of childminding - all sorts of things could go wrong. The fact that the one that did was perhaps the least easily foreseen, and also the among the most catastrophic, doesn't make it Ok to have left them the first place.
Of course not. I agree entirely with that much of your post. The rest is frankly weird.

Do they? Many people I know would only do so if there is some sort of listening service in the room and if the parents are within hearing distance. IOW, downstairs in the bar is not outside at another restaurant.
Your idiotic clownish position is that no parent should ever leave a child alone anywhere at any time.
You know what, at that age I never left my children alone, as in with no adult present, at all outside of our home. Ever. Nor even, afaicr, inside our home.

And I don't think that puts me in line for any sort of parenting award, I really don't. For one thing, leaving children under 10 without adult supervision is a crime in France., even in their own home.

IMO, it's an absolute minimum for anyone who has taken on the responsibility of looking after vulnerable children anyway, law or no law. My family and friends in the UK wouldn't do so either, as I know for having holidayed with several of them.

That makes you an indifferent scaremongering fascist pig ready to heap injury and wounds on already fearful and struggling parents.
Well, me too then. Or, if you prefer, a moral coward because I would most certainly not say that to the McCanns themselves. Simply because I wouldn't wish to "heap wounds" on them. It doesn't mean I can't say it on here though.

More of your putrid lies and scaremongering.

Everything about you stinks of death.
OTT, much? And, frankly, that sounds a bit crazy.

stakerwallace

There were two babysitting options - an evening creche included in the holiday price or the nannies who minded madeleine in the daytime creche were available at an hourly rate to babysit in the evening. Now I cant understand why 2 doctors would opt to get up and down from the dinner table at 30 min intervals to check on their three children under 4, when these services were available.

You compare being downstairs in the hotel bar while your children are upstairs sleeping in your hotel room. This was not the case here. the children were in a ground floor unlocked apartment adjacent to a public road and the parents were in a nearby tapas bar from which they did not have a clear view of their apartment. the walk from the tapas bar to the apartment was c.120 metres each way.

In the book Madeleine, Kate McCann says she did not want to leave her children with strangers hence the evening checking service. This would be understandable if the only babysitting service available was to get some local girl from a noticeboard. In the book she does not mention the nanny babysitting service and why she did not use it. the nannies were not strangers and seem to have seen more of Madeleine on that holiday than the parents did.
People make mistakes and best leave it at that now. I wouldn't like all of my child minding decisions to be scrutinised now in retrospect. But we were lucky and most people have been.

emulator

I cant post a link due to too few posts, however if you google interviews re. press conference, the info is there, below is an exerpt from an interview with Kate.

She'd also spoken with a behavioral expert who'd given specific advice on how to act at the press conference, Kate says. "They said, 'It's quite important that you don't show any emotion, because the abductor could get some kind of adverse kick out of it,'" she says. "When you get the feeling that if you do [something] it could be detrimental in some way to your daughter, there's a huge pressure on you to do well."
From an interview with Kate ?

They mustn't have given the same advice to the poor parents of that Welsh girl.... they didn't hold it together quite as well as Kate

ger12

What children were left unnattended in a strange place?

The McCanns I understand had holidayed in this complex previously and looked in every hour on the kids to make sure things were ok.
That is not leaving children unattended in a strange place.

Many many parents do what the McCanns did.

You come over like poster Eoghanact as another censorious boor ready to heap additional suffering on parents who suffered an appalling tragedy.

:roll:
You say "Many Irish parents leave their children unattended in hotel bedrooms and go drinking in the hotel bar checking on the kids occasionaly. The McCanns did something rather similiar. It is reasonable behaviour in my book."

I disagree. I certainly won't be looking for you to babysit.

Ren84

Because Kate didn't show much emotion after the kidnapping many people took it as a sign of guilt on her behalf and led to many wild accusations levelled against the McCanns. Of course different people react in different ways to a traumatic event, something many of these ill educated arseholes should be mindful of before jumping to crazy assumptions.

The Field Marshal

What has being doctors got to do with anything FFS?

These were a group of adult parents who collectively decided what was best for their kids in the circumstances.
They were not neglectful and monitored their children.
End of.

That fact that the monitoring was unsuccessful is not their fault.

You speak as if parents are obliged to avail of the child minding services of strangers and never leave their child kids unattended anywhere for one single second:roll:

This is the type of absurd rubbish peddled by greasy posters eoghanacht and wishywashy.

Yes I do make that comparison.
Many hotel bedrooms are more than 120 metres away from the bar and few bedrooms or corridors are visible from the bar area.

In essence there is no real difference.

The point you miss is that many parents leave their sleeping kids in hotel bedrooms and nip off for a drink to the bar checking back occasionaly to make sure all is ok.

Now if you say that is neglectful it assumes that every child everywhere is at constant risk of abduction, which is absurd nonsense.

This is the fear mongering crap peddled by odious posters like eoghanacht and wishywashy who in all likelyhood have vested financial interests in the child protection industry and who deliberately scaremonger parents with irrational threats.

In the book Madeleine, Kate McCann says she did not want to leave her children with strangers hence the evening checking service. This would be understandable if the only babysitting service available was to get some local girl from a noticeboard.
You have no right to judge Kate McCann.

In the book she does not mention the nanny babysitting service and why she did not use it. the nannies were not strangers and seem to have seen more of Madeleine on that holiday than the parents did.
Here is more of your vicious ugly and envious judgementalism on a mother whose child was abducted.

You are almost as much of of a monster as the person who abducted Madeline.

Ren84

You say "Many Irish parents leave their children unattended in hotel bedrooms and go drinking in the hotel bar checking on the kids occasionaly. The McCanns did something rather similiar. It is reasonable behaviour in my book."

The McCanns have repeatedly stated since the abduction that they made a terrible mistake in leaving their kids alone that night, despite being less than five minutes from the hotel room. No parent should ever leave their children unattended, something Kate and Gerry will no doubt be conscious of for the rest of their lives.

The Field Marshal

Who would be bothered baby sitting any of your brood when its obvious they have an irrational, overprotective and guilt ridden parent like you.

googolplex

From an interview with Kate ?

They mustn't have given the same advice to the poor parents of that Welsh girl.... they didn't hold it together quite as well as Kate

Not everybody has the ability to keep a handle on their emotions during a stressful situation.

The Field Marshal

The McCanns have repeatedly stated since the abduction that they made a terrible mistake in leaving their kids alone that night, despite being less than five minutes from the hotel room. No parent should ever leave their children unattended, something Kate and Gerry will no doubt be conscious of for the rest of their lives.
I see the bite from the climate change zombies is starting too have an effect:roll:

You say :No parent should ever leave their children unattended.

Short of providing guardianship 24/24 that is simply not possible.

Only loons like you who believe in man made global warming would propose such a gross and unnatural interference in the private life of a child

Ren84

I see the bite from the climate change zombies is starting too have an effect:roll:

You say :No parent should ever leave their children unattended.

Short of providing guardianship 24/24 that is simply not possible.

Only loons like you who believe in man made global warming would propose such a gross and unnatural interference in the private life of a child

Global warming?! FFS, would you ever piss off you complete lunatic?

The Field Marshal

FFS could you be any more of an arsehole?
Well your the unnatural loon wanting to interfere in every childs life by ensuring they have an adult about them 24/24.

Your also defending a poster who is falsely accusing the grieving mother of Madeline McCann of neglecting her kids in favour of paid nannies whilst on holiday.

The Field Marshal

Global warming?! FFS, would you ever piss off you complete lunatic?
Your the loon that wants to ringfence children with an adult hoop of steel 24/24.

Just what is your agenda on this site?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom