Maggie Thatcher Dying ?

TennisFan

when will maggie thatcher die in your opinion ???

will you be celebrating and be happy when she eventually does die ???

factual

I have no view on when she will die.

Generally I do not get happy or celebrate at the death of anyone - whether political friend or political adversary - and the same applies to Margaret Thatcher.

There seems to be some debate in the UK over wether or not she will get a state funeral, although I do not agree with her policies why wouldn't she get a state funeral?

Sam Lord

Not really, why celebrate the inevitable? Now, if she dies a particularly horrible and painful death that would be another story.

fergalr

There seems to be some debate in the UK over wether or not she will get a state funeral, although I do not agree with her policies why wouldn't she get a state funeral?
Because there's no telling whether or not she'll remain in the grave ;)

TradCat

People used to talk about celebrating her death but anyone who did so after all these years would have to have something wrong with them.

She has outlived any point that could have been made by it.

Derrida

People used to talk about celebrating her death but anyone who did so after all these years would have to have something wrong with them.

She has outlived any point that could have been made by it.
I agree. I used to hate her, but haven't thought about her in years.

I remember she said that she was glad that her husband hadn't lived to see the carry on of their son, Sir Mark.

Fraxinus

Does it really matter? I'm sure her good friend Pinochet will give her a warm welcome on the other side.

Own Arris

Because there's no telling whether or not she'll remain in the grave ;)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-BZIWSI5UQ]YouTube - Elvis Costello - Tramp The Dirt Down[/ame]

I don't think I'll celebrate, but, when I think of her smug gloating at the sinking of the Belgrano etc, etc, etc, I won't be shedding a tear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOy23MLY1I]YouTube - FLASHBACK: Margaret Thatcher owned by a Housewife[/ame]

SamVimesBoots

I have English friends in Hull and London who already have the celebration parties organised and prepared. Many many English people despise Thatcher with far more intensity than the most rabid Irish republican.

Gruffalo

I have English friends in Hull and London who already have the celebration parties organised and prepared. Many many English people despise Thatcher with far more intensity than the most rabid Irish republican.
And from my experience, the ones who hate her the most are the Scots.

conservative green

Yes, well all this says is that there are many, many English subversives and ne'er-do-wells. :D

codology

Twenty years ago I would have taken the day off work and partied but with the passage of time I'll probably settle for a little smile.

Kev408

What a stupid thread. Why is that person allowed to post?

topotheday

When Mrs Thatcher dies I will certainly take a moment for reflection. Possibly the greatest Englishwoman ever born.

Trefor1.1

How the feck do I know when she'll die - I'm not a doctor & I have no access to her medical records. The same applies to everybody else here.

Fianna Failer said:
Because very few British PMs get one & this unpleasant, devisive woman deserves it less than most.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies