Mahon Vigilantes

ruserious

A group started on Facebook last night with the above name designed to out local drug dealers in Mahon in Cork City.
Since then it has had over 1700 people connect with the page which is calling for people to beat the dealers and heroin addicts of the local community.

Tonight, the Evening Echo is reporting that a number of suspected local dealers have been beaten by baseball bats and are in hospital as a direct consequence of this Facebook page.

I do not condone the violence but it says a lot about the response of the State to the growing drug problems in our inner cities, that communities feel it is up to them to defend themselves from the drug scourge.

Mahon vigilantes 'beating drug dealers with baseball bats'

Nemesiscorporation

A group started on Facebook last night with the above name designed to out local drug dealers in Mahon in Cork City.
Since then it has had over 1700 people connect with the page which is calling for people to beat the dealers and heroin addicts of the local community.

Tonight, the Evening Echo is reporting that a number of suspected local dealers have been beaten by baseball bats and are in hospital as a direct consequence of this Facebook page.

I do not condone the violence but it says a lot about the response of the State to the growing drug problems in our inner cities, that communities feel it is up to them to defend themselves from the drug scourge.

We have a state that has done nothing. Create a vacuum and something will fill it.

RasherHash

Wasn't SF once excoriated by those who think of themselves as the "great and good" for doing just that?

Dame_Enda

I don't condone it but the public has lost confidence in the courts with their unduly lenient sentencing - particularly when 80% of crimes are committed on bail.

GDPR

If the State doesn't offer people adequate protection than I believe that they have the right to take matters into their hands- however I'm not sure if that was the case in this situation at all.

Volatire

The Gardai have more important stuff to do than catch drug dealers.

cricket

I don't condone it but the public has lost confidence in the courts with their unduly lenient sentencing - particularly when 80% of crimes are committed on bail.
Where did you get that figure ?

RasherHash

I remember Fettercairn in Tallaght people had to camp out all night to get rid of the pushers.

The cops weren't happy that the sheeple weren't lying down and playing dead for the drug merchants.

Perhaps they felt they were showing the cops up.

sadcitizen

My memory of Dublin in the 90s is that community campaigns were effective...were they?

between the bridges

Moi went along to a neighborhood watch thing once (meant to be few squid of the insurance if yer in the scheme) mainly auld dears etc. Anywho there was wan guy with the 'thousand yard stare' and he suggested leaving a horses head in the front garden of somewan who obviously had just pished him off, so the moral of the story is the horse was innocent...

Dame_Enda

Where did you get that figure ?
250,000 crimes have been committed on bail over the last 10 years according to the CSO. For context, just 23500 crimes were estimated by the CSO in 2011, with just 17000 reported to Gardai.

thejournal.ie said:
.....IN THE PAST 10 years more than 250,000 crimes have been committed by people while out on bail, new figures reveal.
The full figures, released by the Central Statistics Office to TD Noel Grealish show that between 2006 and 2015, 89 murders, 237 serious sexual offences (including rape) 50,000 thefts, 50,000 public order offences and 18,000 burglaries were committed by those out on bail.
The total is 250,149 to be exact....

im axeled

I remember Fettercairn in Tallaght people had to camp out all night to get rid of the pushers.

The cops weren't happy that the sheeple weren't lying down and playing dead for the drug merchants.

Perhaps they felt they were showing the cops up.
if one is to believe rumours the odd dealer wears a uniform, or most often have taict permission from someone in uniform to do so

former wesleyan

The lads in Mahon burned Chris O Leary's house to the ground for his anti-drugs work when he was an indy. He later joined SF. :D

Henry94.

I can't believe they missed the chance to call themselves the Mahon Tribunal.

RasherHash

ruserious

Statement from Mahon Vigilantes

"Well just like we thought the low life dealers/users didn't have the balls 2 mail us 2 meet them there probably in Derek's using as I'm posting this

The first 1 of ye we see will be getting a bed next 2 yer friend Timmy I'll be putting ye there like I did 2 him low life scum".

It would probably help their cause to have someone literate run their PR.

gerhard dengler

Hmmm.

Someone very close to me has lived for the past 35 years just off Clanbrassil Street in Dublin. They had a terrible drugs problem in that locality.

Concerned Parents Against Drugs were the group most active against drug dealing and drug dealers. Certain drug dealers though were permitted to operate with impunity, despite the "concern" shown.

cricket

Statement from Mahon Vigilantes

"Well just like we thought the low life dealers/users didn't have the balls 2 mail us 2 meet them there probably in Derek's using as I'm posting this

The first 1 of ye we see will be getting a bed next 2 yer friend Timmy I'll be putting ye there like I did 2 him low life scum".

It would probably help their cause to have someone literate run their PR.
Wott do ya meen ?

Nemesiscorporation

250,000 crimes have been committed on bail over the last 10 years according to the CSO. For context, just 23500 crimes were estimated by the CSO in 2011, with just 17000 reported to Gardai.
Here in Donegal there are now numerous people with more than 100 convictions. Also a helluva lot with more than 500 convictions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies