Mairia Cahill current status in Labour

Bertie's Hat

Is she still a Labour party member?

Why did she lose her seat in Seanad?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

jmcc

I think that she was a political appointee to the Seanad. When there is a General Election, there are also elections for the Seanad.

Socratus O' Pericles

Did she even stand in 2016?

LISTOWEL MAN

if she didn't stay silent then why should anyone else ?

that scares the **** out of SF

hollandia

Pretty sure that wasn't the question in the op...

jmcc

Wasn't she appointed to the Seanad at the behest of Labour in order to damage Sinn Fein's election chances in 2016?

Strawberry

Wasn't she appointed to the Seanad at the behest of Labour in order to damage Sinn Fein's election chances in 2016?
Yes. And her sole contribution to debate in the Seanad seems to be to have accused David Norris of being a paedo. No wonder the Labour party did so well.

TedHankey

That and the deep ideological connection she felt with Brendan Howlin.

jmcc

That and the deep ideological connection she felt with Brendan Howlin.
Wasn't iJoan the leader of Labour at the time? Whatever happened to Brendan Howlin? He had such a bright future behind him.

Analyzer

She is in a "stickie" "sityuayshun", correct ?

One of the benefits of being in the Looper Party is that you can rattle out cliches, & that leaves you covered as regards the media's expectations.

Levellers

"Ms McKay added that the prosecution was also not “offering any evidence” against Martin Edward Morris, who was awaiting trial on separate charges. He had been accused of four counts of rape, four counts of indecent assault on a child, three of gross indecency to a child and two indecent assaults on a female.

Morris had denied the charges.

The Belfast Recorder said that as a result of the prosecution decision, he would enter “not guilty verdicts” on all 13 charges faced by Morris."

‘Not guilty’ verdicts after PIRA charges are dropped - Belfast Newsletter

Let's ignore a court of law and instead resort to the court of bias.

Analyzer

I always get the impression when I see that photo that I am witnessing an exercis of absolute stage management.

Two actors doing a cuddle in front of the cameras.

RodShaft

I always get the impression when I see that photo that I am witnessing an exercis of absolute stage management.

Two actors doing a cuddle in front of the cameras.
Most Irish people wouldn't be able to tell you who she is.

There will be a time fairly soon, when that picture can be used with the headline " FG's close links with dissident republicans" , and FG will be scrambling to defend themselves.

Last edited:

Lúidín

Her Seanad appointment helped to expose and sink the Labour Party so it was ironically a good step for democracy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies