Major CYBER attack on whole of USA under way .. seems huge

robut

Major websites across East Coast knocked out in apparent DDoS attack

Internet traffic company Dyn on Friday warned of another cyber attack after earlier in the day websites and services across the East Coast were shut down.

A Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack is when a web service is intentionally overwhelmed by traffic from many sources. It is a common method for digital assaults.

Dyn said the attack may also impact "Dyn Managed DNS advanced services with possible delays in monitoring."

The Department of Homeland Security told CNBC that it is "looking into all potential causes" of the attack.
NYT Article - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/business/internet-problems.html?_r=1

Apparently Twitter, Netflix, PLaystation Network, Paypal, Spotify, Reddit are / were all down.

I urge ye to check the level 3 Outage Heat map at the moment, pretty much whole USA:

Level3 outage? Current problems and outages | Down Detector

( also read the comments under it )

Of course no mention of this on Irish News .. anywhere.

Coincidentally for the last two nights people on EIR and VODA Broadband ACROSS the Country have reported huge download speed drops nightly ( In my case from 80MBPS to 3MBPS last night )

They currently do not know who is responsible .. Its a developing story!

Last edited:

between the bridges

Skynet makes its first move...

Catalpast

NYT Article - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/22/business/internet-problems.html?_r=1

Apparently Twitter, Netflix, PLaystation Network, Paypal, Spotify, Reddit are / were all down.

Check the level 3 Outage Heat map at the moment, pretty much whole USA:

Coincidentally for the last two nights people on EIR and VODA Broadband ACROSS the Country have reported huge download speed drops nightly ( In my case from 80MBPS to 3MBPS last night )

Meteor was crap last night too

- even more than usual...

Mrwoody

I had to cut down a tree today to improve my internet signal the worlds gone mad all together.

Comical Admiral JOHN Kirby of State Department will be along blaming Russia so making HRC of seeking a war look good.

redacted

Luckily the Invasion of Europe thread has me prepared for this sort of event. Enough food here for six months.

Socratus O' Pericles

Sorry to report everything is perfectly fine here, we're going out to the cinema. I'll check in later to see if I am, in fact, doomed.

Mad as Fish

I urge ye to check the level 3 Outage Heat map at the moment, pretty much whole USA:

( also read the comments under it )

Had the same myself yesterday, trying to upload some images and it took about ten minutes to shift 25mb!

New Threads