• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Make vaccination a condition of children's allowance, school enrollment etc

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
A small minority of parents don't see to it that their children are vaccinated. This behaviour endangers all children. In Australia this is now a hot topic with new rules:

Vaccinate your children or declare why not, parents told
Parents will be forced to either vaccinate their children or register for an exemption in order to enrol them in childcare, after changes to the Public Health Act passed through cabinet Monday night
Personally I'd go further than Australia and make vaccination a condition of children's allowance and ultimately school enrollment. Thoughts ?

cYp

stopdoingstuff

Who is liable if things go wrong? The companies, the schools, the State, the decision makers.....or perhaps no one?

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.
And make them all have a breakfast and proper packed lunch as well. Damn the begrudgers, do it, save us all having to put up with whinging over sugared soda heads with attitude, and thats just the creche brats.

Burnout

Twitter
I have a life.

tigerben

Sure let the state take all children off the mothers as soon as the cord is cut altogether!

Dadaist

Make breast feeding mandatory. Stuff those tits in their little faces.

Nemesiscorporation

A small minority of parents don't see to it that their children are vaccinated. This behaviour endangers all children. In Australia this is now a hot topic with new rules:

Personally I'd go further than Australia and make vaccination a condition of children's allowance and ultimately school enrollment. Thoughts ?

cYp
I would go a lot further.

The parents are endangering there children by not getting them vaccinated.

Social services should be immediately called in if a parent refuses to have there child vaccinated.

A judge should order immediate vaccination in the nearest A&E unit and social services supervision of the parents, to check if they are fit to be parents.

Vaccinations work by group vaccination. Having one or two unvaccinated in that group can lead to an outbreak, putting all the children at risk.

Any parent responsible for an outbreak I would support having them charged with causing that outbreak and any harm that follows such as being crippled by Polio.

seanmacc

If we take a look back a couple of years ago when there was an absolute panic over the swine flu. National hysteria set in and thousands of parents were frightened and emotionally blackmailed into getting their kids vaccinated. It transpired then that half a dozen or a dozen of these children contracted narcolepsy. The pharmaceutical company is not liable of course. The swine flu was no more dangerous than the regular seasonal flu. Could you imagine if the powers that be in this country listened to some of the voices calling for the vaccine to be mandatory, how many young lives could of been affected?

tigerben

If we take a look back a couple of years ago when there was an absolute panic over the swine flu. National hysteria set in and thousands of parents were frightened and emotionally blackmailed into getting their kids vaccinated. It transpired then that half a dozen or a dozen of these children contracted narcolepsy. The pharmaceutical company is not liable of course. The swine flu was no more dangerous than the regular seasonal flu. Could you imagine if the powers that be in this country listened to some of the voices calling for the vaccine to be mandatory, how many young lives could of been affected?

Thankfully I didn't get kids vaccinated for this, I thought it was hyped up to the last and some pharm companies made some amount of money!

kerdasi amaq

No one should have a right to mandate medical treatment for anyone, especially those ignorant loons with the letters TD after their names, unless they are willing to accept total personal liability for any harm that may ensue from that enforced medical treatment.

Narco-lepsy, anyone?

He3

A learning experience for some, much worse for others.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/health-social-affairs/170153-vaccine-link-narcolepsy-under-investigation-use-discontinued.html

Hogsback

Here (Ontario) kids are removed from school until the vaccines are up to date.
No ifs or buts.

People refusing immunization are benefiting from the herd immunity effect, where ~80% or more of the 'herd' being immunized effectively provides a measure immunity for everyone.

If enough people refused immunizations to take the herd below the 80% level things could get very ugly indeed.

Thankfully our generation never had to live through watching their kids die of smallpox, a disease that killed over 300 million people in the 20th century and which has been effectively wiped out via vaccination.

He3

Pales to insignificance compared to the damage done by the hysteria over the MMR, hysteria perpetuated to this day by some anti-vaccination loons.
Do you favour mandatory vaccination at the behest of the HSE.

eoghanacht

We should take kids off parents and create a warrior elite that we could hire out as mercenaries.

Then the state can be the beneficiary for once. Long live the State.

googolplex

cYp
I wonder which pharmaceutical company lobbied for this?

james5001

The swine flu was no more dangerous than the regular seasonal flu. Could you imagine if the powers that be in this country listened to some of the voices calling for the vaccine to be mandatory, how many young lives could of been affected?
Link/Evidence?