Making Northern Ireland a part of Wales temporarily?

GDPR

Northern Ireland is a tribal/sectarian bear pit and left to itself is unlikely to ever change till one tribe drives the other one out which is not something I would like to see. This is why power sharing is necessary in Northern Ireland. However power sharing isn't exactly working out now is it? I'm sure we could all argue till the cows come home about who is to blame for this but there is little point in doing so in my opinion due to the fact that more heat than light would inevitably be shed and we would soon get back to going over the Troubles.

Only by bringing NI (or the six counties that make it up) into a larger whole I think is capable of getting rid of retarding and dangerous elements of the situation. A united Ireland whatever can be said in its favour is opposed (and strongly opposed by many of them in the PUL camp) by a majority in Northern Ireland while as the CNR tribe is not going to accept after all that happened during the Troubles direct rule from Westminster.

The SNP want to stay as far away from Norn Iron issues as possible so making NI a part of Scotland in terms of government is out; so what about making it a part of Wales at least on a temporary basis?

between the bridges

Hmmmm, lets see mexicants or Sheep shaggers, decisions, decisions...

GDPR

This is surely a joke right.
No not at all. It is a perfectly reasonable suggestion; what we have now is currently a joke and one headed towards a far from funny ending. Do you have any possible workable solutions to offer?

Strawberry

Northern Ireland is a tribal/sectarian bear pit and left to itself is unlikely to ever change till one tribe drives the other one out which is not something I would like to see. This is why power sharing is necessary in Northern Ireland. However power sharing isn't exactly working out now is it? I'm sure we could all argue till the cows come home about who is to blame for this but there is little point in doing so in my opinion due to the fact that more heat than light would inevitably be shed and we would soon get back to going over the Troubles.

Only by bringing NI (or the six counties that make it up) into a larger whole I think is capable of getting rid of retarding and dangerous elements of the situation. A united Ireland whatever can be said in its favour is opposed (and strongly opposed by many of them in the PUL camp) by a majority in Northern Ireland while as the CNR tribe is not going to accept after all that happened during the Troubles direct rule from Westminster.

The SNP want to stay as far away from Norn Iron issues as possible so making NI a part of Scotland in terms of government is out; so what about making it a part of Wales at least on a temporary basis?
On behalf of the Welsh - not for all the tea in China.

Novos

Northern Ireland is a tribal/sectarian bear pit and left to itself is unlikely to ever change till one tribe drives the other one out which is not something I would like to see.
Stay away from the ghettos is my advice. The leafy suburbs are fine.

Dimples 77

Duplicate Account

Why make it a part of Wales? Why not England?

Direct rule was, and always has been, the only practical option.

Having devolution for an area that contains less than 3% of the UK's population always was destined to be a farce. Adding it to Wales (which has less than 5% of the UK's population) would be a bigger farce.

GDPR

Why make it a part of Wales? Why not England?

Direct rule was, and always has been, the only practical option.

Having devolution for an area that contains less than 3% of the UK's population always was destined to be a farce. Adding it to Wales (which has less than 5% of the UK's population) would be a bigger farce.
Why do you think?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Hmmmm, lets see mexicants or Sheep shaggers, decisions, decisions...
The Welsh don't want you cenotaph huggers no more than Scots, so unfortunately we're stuck with ye it seems.

blokesbloke

OP you say the SNP don't want to go near NI, what makes you think Wales would want it?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies