• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Man felled by arsę punch loses damages claim, bum deal?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
Due to a history of horse play chumminess, a fellow who got punched in the bottom, is now ruined :

Punch in buttocks ‘ruined’ man’s life, court hears
Before the alleged incident, the relationship between the two men was one of “banter, high fives and back slapping”, he said.
John Rice (49), a former retail security officer would probably go to his grave believing an injustice had occurred but Mr Rice should “put matters behind him”, Mr Justice Kevin Cross said.
I find it hard to believe that a mere bum punch could land someone on disability for life, but this doesn't have the whiff of a normal chancer off it?

cyp

GDPR

While the incident had all the hallmarks of not being a significant one, Mr Rice had claimed, because of an alleged previous incident, he had withdrawn his implied consent “to that sort of thing”.

Just because someone lets you once doesnt mean you can do it every time.

As I have frequently pointed out to you.

Alan Alda

I wonder if a learned judge slapped a lawyer on the buttocks,for the craic, would it be taken so lightly?
I dont see why this security man is not entitled to a bit of decorum in the workplace.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I wonder if a learned judge slapped a lawyer on the buttocks,for the craic, would it be taken so lightly?
I dont see why this security man is not entitled to a bit of decorum in the workplace.
It appears there may be implied consent as he had previously sought bum pummeling and the like

cyp

Alan Alda

It appears there may be implied consent as he had previously sought bum pummeling and the like

cyp
I wonder what Irelands Trade unions are up to these days?
Not a lot it seems. Unless you are a civil servant.Where these kind of 'shenanigans' would lead to a massive compensation payout

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
I wonder what Irelands Trade unions are up to these days?
Not a lot it seems. Unless you are a civil servant.Where these kind of 'shenanigans' would lead to a massive compensation payout
Yup, civil servants would get a lot more sympathy if bum pummeled, that this chap was a working class security guard doubtless played its part

cyp

Alan Alda

Whatever missus. This is a shocking assault on a worker and his rights.
This ass slapping behaviour is acceptable to you?
Would you like your ass smacked?
If not , why not?
Why is it ok for joe bloggs to have his ass smacked at work?

Last edited:

amsterdemmetje

Doesnt surprise me in the least everyones out to make a quick buck what i am surprised is that he was working for Tesco security, if he was working direct for them he'd be on good money and benefits better than most Security Jobs. To give it all up because of a claim and the chance of a windfall seems strange maybe he was working for an agency.Anyways if it happened to me the last thing id do is head for the High Court id be keeping the head down and not looking to embarrass myself further but such is Ireland ,we dont do such when it comes to getting a few free shillings, look what Keirns is up to at the moment in the High Court, no shame at tall at tall.

RodShaft

While the incident had all the hallmarks of not being a significant one, Mr Rice had claimed, because of an alleged previous incident, he had withdrawn his implied consent “to that sort of thing”.

Just because someone lets you once doesnt mean you can do it every time.

As I have frequently pointed out to you.

Oooooooh!

Felixness

We seem to be a nation of chancers who have gone down the American route of suing for the most minor of things, and sure why not when judges keep giving huge amounts of money for relatively trivial and unprovable injuries? 64 thousand for slipping on ones arse, 30 odd grand for a child scratching their arm in an hotel room, 60 grand for an 80 something year old woman who got bumped by a pallet trolley, because apparently despite not being hit hard she could no longer go ballroom dancing on Sunday nights, nothing to do with the fact that she's as deaf as a door post. Every year my insurance policy goes up, despite me not claiming on it and it's s hit like this that's behind it.

Sister Mercedes

I read a year or two ago that loads of law firms who were coining it in conveyancing in the boom years have switched to personal injury and negligence work. It's where the money is these days for the firms not big enough for the Nama/IBRC etc gravy train.

Felixness

I read a year or two ago that loads of law firms who were coining it in conveyancing in the boom years have switched to personal injury and negligence work. It's where the money is these days for the firms not big enough for the Nama/IBRC etc gravy train.
There's money to be made on the legal side alright, sure the woman who was awarded the 64 thousand had 30 thousand of the money guaranteed plus ''20 thousand'' in legal fees, the judge put a hold on the additional 34 thousand in expectation of Dunnes challenging the award. 20 grand in legal fees, what the actual...?

amsterdemmetje

Im recently returned from annual holiday trip in Holland was out a few times cycling as you do .What i noticed was there's not an over zealous occupation with health and safety rules regarding minor road works or building extensions even one off houses like there is here. Everything here is lit up like a christmas tree ,over there if you fall into a pot hole or trip on an uneven path its your fult and nobdy Fuppen elses and if you do have a case for something you don't win the fecken lottery like you do here.

Rural

[video=youtube;rl-lte9TCCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl-lte9TCCE[/video]

amsterdemmetje

Brilliant Rural haven't seen that in a while ,how the feck did anyone keep a straight face filming that . "i put may arse your hands":cool:

slippy wicket

At least he wasn't stabbed with a pork sword, hed be ruined altogether.

Catch22

Im recently returned from annual holiday trip in Holland was out a few times cycling as you do .What i noticed was there's not an over zealous occupation with health and safety rules regarding minor road works or building extensions even one off houses like there is here. Everything here is lit up like a christmas tree ,over there if you fall into a pot hole or trip on an uneven path its your fult and nobdy Fuppen elses and if you do have a case for something you don't win the fecken lottery like you do here.
I had the same experience last week staying in a Gite in Normandy. The place was grand but a bit old fashioned with a bit of character. What struck me was that there would not be a hope in hell of getting away with letting the same property in Ireland without a huge risk of litigation.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies