• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Man shot dead in Dublin pub

RahenyFG

Occurred this evening at 7pm at the Cabra House Pub. The victim was a man in his 20s with previous convictions for drug dealing and assault. The two gunmen escaped on a motorbike. Six shots are believed to be fired.

The full article from RTE News
Man shot dead in Dublin pub - RTÉ News

RahenyFG

I'll get a mod to lock this. I was looking for a thread but couldn't find one. I assumed somebody would have used the same thread title as I did.

M

moderateeastlderryunionis

god dublin has got rough over the years, why no crackdown?????

neiphin

wtf
someones son, brother, father
i dont know the guy no nothing of him ,
but that comment is disgraceful , if p.ie can tolerate such comments
this site deserves to be held in contempt

cathalbrugha

A crackdown on what? We've been under the lash of men, mean & cruel for centurys.. We're not Swedes wit a rare form of Stolkholms .. 'Whip me Baby'..

neiphin

because like in your own part of the world,
those people are seen as a lower class, and if they wipe each other other out it seen as "no loss"
that flute that calls himself lemass just sees one more dead knacker

there are serious social problems in dublin , as in every city
but they dont vote so who gves a fúck

cathalbrugha

wtf
someones son, brother, father
i dont know the guy no nothing of him ,
but that comment is disgraceful , if p.ie can tolerate such comments
this site deserves to be held in contempt
He's in a better place now... People like Seanie aren't bítter for no reason, in all fairness.. Not that I agree with the chaps sentiments in this case..

neiphin

He's in a better place now... People like Seanie aren't bítter for no reason, in all fairness.. Not that I agree with the chaps sentiments in this case..
how do you know ?

what gives you a right to judge
anyone

GDPR

because like in your own part of the world,
those people are seen as a lower class, and if they wipe each other other out it seen as "no loss"
Well in a practical sense the value of a scumbags life is an ecumenical matter. a world with one less scumbag likely means a world without the negative effects of that scumbags behaviour on others ( no more drug dealing and no more assaults) so I'd have an open mind as to whether it was either no loss or indeed if it was actually a definite gain for society In fact if the scumbag who fired the gun is also locked up for a very long time because of this then it would look like possibly a double win for society. I won't defend a scumbag just because hes a ''working class'' one. Scum is scum.

cathalbrugha

how do you know ?

what gives you a right to judge
anyone
How do I know what? That He's in a better place now.? It's an expression I heard a mother say, at her daughters funeral one day.. It's an expression I've heard a number of people say.. It's not meant in a judgemental way.. I'm nobody to cast judgement on anyone, 'Only God Can Judge Me' - Tupác..

cathalbrugha

there are serious social problems in dublin , as in every city

but they dont vote so who gves a fúck
It'll shorten the Welfare Bill..

Once upon a time in America there was 1,000,000 Drug Addicts. 1/4 of them were confined into one small area known as Fort Apache the Bronx. Dublin had a rate, per head, that was twice the size of that..

But as you say, they don't vote..

cathalbrugha

I won't defend a scumbag just because hes a ''working class'' one. Scum is scum.
He's still some mothers son..

In fact if the scumbag who fired the gun is also locked up for a very long time because of this then it would look like possibly a double win for society.

In the 1960s, at one point, there was only six or seven dozen prisoners in Mountjoy. 50-60 people. IINM there was 2 armed-robberys in the 1960s..

Mountjoy currently has 4-5000 prisoners, or something off the wall like that.. Prison doesn't cure crime, it creates it..

Popular Threads

Most Replies