• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Man shot twice in Castlebar tonight

The Owl

It's been reported on BBM, according to my grandson that Jack Maughan, a Traveller, was shot twice in the Mace Store here in Castlebar a short while ago.

Does anyone know how to update this information. If this is true it's going to change the whole picture of inter-family rivalry between the Travellers which until now was the usual beating with iron bars etc.

I know one of the wives' of the Maughan family. A lovely woman and I'm just hoping it's not her husband whose name is Jack.

The Owl

FrankSpeaks

21 year old according to RTE.

Kev408

Let's hope his injuries do not cause him to die.

neiphin

collins

Ren84

Drive bys in Mayo? Jaysus, fekin nutters. :|

Socratus O' Pericles

CCoupla shots with a pellet gun,minor injuries--still jaziz chilling stuff ,

Sangreel

Drive bys in Mayo? Jaysus, fekin nutters. :|

jaysus was not there as far as I know....... but with the world going as it is he may show up to kick some arse....

neiphin

The Owl

At least it's not the husband of my friend, she's been through enough. I hope it was only a pellet gun, bad enough as they are. The worse we've had thus far was an axe attack in Heatons on one traveller by another. Their feuds are bewildering. What the hell are they always feuding about?

neiphin

At least it's not the husband of my friend, she's been through enough. I hope it was only a pellet gun, bad enough as they are. The worse we've had thus far was an axe attack in Heatons on one traveller by another. Their feuds are bewildering. What the hell are they always feuding about?
what happened in ballyvary

yayo

Hopefully an intermediate steps in and helps broker a peace between the warring factions.

Ren84

Some travellers I know say that they have their own methods for resolving disputes, the court system not being one of them. Apparently going to the guards is considered heretical to their ways. Travellers keep it among themselves, us "settled" people have no business being involved with their ways, unless we're buying something off them.

Ren84

Hopefully an intermediate steps in and helps broker a peace between the warring factions.
I'd rather the Gardai steps in. Does the state mediate between rival drug gangs? :roll:

neiphin

Some travellers I know say that they have their own methods for resolving disputes, the court system not being one of them. Apparently going to the guards is considered heretical to their ways. Travellers keep it among themselves, us "settled" people have no business being involved with their ways, unless we're buying something off them.
if your buying something then
someone else has lost something

DownTheyGo

What are you buying from travellers Ren, the financial times? :p