Man who said homosexuality and abortion are evil loses discrimination case

GDPR

Indeed, I think in the UK he would be probably be sanctioned for deliberately sabotaging an employment opportunity, whether he was genuine or not.
In the North, where we are the experts on every form of discrimination going - "Its in the GFA, yeh bastard!" - he'd have his dole allowance stopped.

This outfit is simply not fit for for purpose. It bullies and harasses ordinary people who are trying desperately to get a job, cannot advise them on how best to upskill, or retrain, and rolls over for blaggards.

It is a disgrace.

talkingshop

We don't know if that is true, do we? I do agree that homophobia is generally regarded as less acceptable than campaigning for a "yes" in that referendum.
Of course it's completely unfair to characterise being against SSM as "homophobia"...

Wascurito

Of course it's completely unfair to characterise being against SSM as "homophobia"...
Of course, it's completely fair to characterize the belief that homosexuality "is an intrinsic disorder inclined towards evil" as homophobia.

D

Deleted member 17573

Of course, it's completely fair to characterize the belief that homosexuality "is an intrinsic disorder inclined towards evil" as homophobia.
That would be homophobic, but opposition to ssm is not necessarily so.

lilesosanne

Website
jobpathmyexperienceoftheemploymentandskillsprogram.wordpress.com
Twitter
@lilesosanne
And he had this case in mind when he was filling out the form. Which is why he filled it out as he did. Entirely engineered. I also doubt his version of what his advisor said to him as well.

I expect there will be plenty here though who will gladly indulge his manufactured & highly stupid grievance in support of their own prejudice and bigotry though.
Seetec and Turas Nua are wide open to this sort of thing because there Personal Employment Advisors are just not qualified or experienced enough to deal with anything but the everyday, frightened, cowered 'customer'.

talkingshop

Meh, not really. Someone could like gay people as much as anyone else and still think homosexuality is a disorder...but anyway I was just talking about opposition to SSM.

talkingshop

That would be homophobic, but opposition to ssm is not necessarily so.
I don't know...they say tons of Catholics priests are gay - they might believe homosexuality is a disorder, but not hate or dislike gay people at all.

Wascurito

cricket

Whether he had a pass Leaving cert or a doctorate, the adviser was bang on in telling him he should delete the reference to ssm and homosexuality. I've had to advise university graduates in the past about what not to put in their cv's. Despite their academic qualifications, some can be very naive.
Keep your personal views on social/religious/political issues to yourselves but be sure to mention your cooking prowess in the local meals on wheels outfit.

D

Deleted member 17573

I don't know...they say tons of Catholics priests are gay - they might believe homosexuality is a disorder, but not hate or dislike gay people at all.
I thought it was the "inclined towards evil" that might make it homophobic, but now that you mention it that, of course, might just be a reference to gay sex being sinful, in which case you would be correct.

D

Deleted member 17573

Ever since the comfortable victory by the pro-marriage equality side in 2015, I'm not really that bothered about debating this point.
You could hardly have lost with the entire media machine of the State behind you. In fact considering the level of support, bullying and brainwashing behind the campaign, the pro-ssm result was less than impressive. And if there had been an honest discussion of adoption it would have been defeated.

GDPR

Seetec and Turas Nua are wide open to this sort of thing because there Personal Employment Advisors are just not qualified or experienced enough to deal with anything but the everyday, frightened, cowered 'customer'.
That is because these outfits arent really set up to get people into employment or back on their feet. If they were, they wouldnt be employing people with bare qualifications, who are themselves utterly out of touch with the market, and simply going through the motions.

Its a way of telling the smug electorate "We have cracked down on dole scroungers."

The reality is those who want work are not being served, the chancers carry on regardless because they can run rings round this lot, and the smuggies imagine it will never happen to them.

And no one would click on this thread if it didnt have some reference to sex.

USER1234

You could hardly have lost with the entire media machine of the State behind you. In fact considering the level of support, bullying and brainwashing behind the campaign, the pro-ssm result was less than impressive. And if there had been an honest discussion of adoption it would have been defeated.
Thats complete B*S*, as well as off topic to this thread!

GDPR

Thats complete B*S*, as well as off topic to this thread!
The dipsh(t saw homosexuality in the thread title, that is his obsession, he rolled over here to talk about bum sex and how he disapproves.

OP knows how thick and single-minded posters are on here, and seized his opportunity to at least get them to focus on something other than dicks and loose women and sanctified ass-intercourse.

Alas, he may have under-estimated the sheer persistence of Pies sex-freaks, like Sailor. :D

GDPR

[video=youtube;4F6k4Xdrj4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F6k4Xdrj4Q[/video]

rainmaker

Administrator
Meh, not really. Someone could like gay people as much as anyone else and still think homosexuality is a disorder.
Wow. I suppose that's still possible in the 21st century, but then there are also a minority of people who tell us they want black people deported while also insisting some of their best friends are black :roll:

rainmaker

Administrator
So people only disagree with you because they are brainwashed and bullied by the media :roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom