• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Man who spoke out about lower Falls has house attacked

eskrimador

Mr Robert Mc Clenaghan, a member of the Lower Falls community group, was featured on this evening's UTV news with regard to the blatant lawlessness in the area...

Resident terrorised in home by vandals - UTV Live News

Sharon O'Neill has just tweeted that the man's house has been attacked https://twitter.com/sharon_utv

Today, the PSNI launched a month long initiative to deal with the issue but as one can see from the video, the many entries/alleys are a gift for the hoods who terrorise the area.

A map of the area https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=divis+street+belfast+map&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x486108596d542bbf:0x3ed9ef85a73f129d,Divis+St,+Belfast&gl=uk&ei=yZuhUMm9DvSo0AX1rIHwDw&ved=0CCAQ8gEwAA

Zoom in and you can see the issues the police have.

Last edited:

eskrimador

Sorry about the poor OP guys. I wrote it when I was angry. Still am. I'll try and tidy it up tomorrow

eskrimador

Just to add, at a meeting the PSNI held, to deal with the problem, the dissidents held a protest outside.

That's where the fukkin' nutters priorities lie.

pippakin

Just to add, at a meeting the PSNI held, to deal with the problem, the dissidents held a protest outside.

That's where the fukkin' nutters priorities lie.
Its a disgrace but is it possible the problem is falling between two stools. The ahem community workers may have slipped up and the PSNI may be reluctant to tread on some sensitive toes.

eskrimador

Its a disgrace but is it possible the problem is falling between two stools. The ahem community workers may have slipped up and the PSNI may be reluctant to tread on some sensitive toes.
I think it's more base than that. If you can watch the video (not sure f one can outside of the UK), you'll see them ram a police landrover in a car.

pippakin

I think it's more base than that. If you can watch the video (not sure f one can outside of the UK), you'll see them ram a police landrover in a car.
Can't get the video it is base but marauding kids do attack the police. I don't know if its deeper than that.

eskrimador

Can't get the video it is base but marauding kids do attack the police. I don't know if its deeper than that.
Tried Youtube for you but no luck. There was a crowd watching it happen. The hoods put videos up but YT must have pulled them.

C

Castle Ray

Truly grim. Is that your former area, eskrimador? Was there not a thread about this around a year ago in and around trouble near the cathedral and Albert Street? It seems things have continued to get out of control. I think there was also a thread on the spate of highjackings in belfast which was linked to this gang of hoods. What's the answer?

eskrimador

Cheeky gets have a channel on YT..

[video=youtube;1xGfzcB9-KQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGfzcB9-KQ[/video]

C

Castle Ray

The ramming of a meatwagon with a car cheered on by a big mob of hoods is a different level to what you describe. The frequency of criminal activity, destruction of property and attacks on residents would suggest a different level completely to juvenile delinquency.

eskrimador

Truly grim. Is that your former area, eskrimador? Was there not a thread about this around a year ago in and around trouble near the cathedral and Albert Street? It seems things have continued to get out of control. I think there was also a thread on the spate of highjackings in belfast which was linked to this gang of hoods. What's the answer?
I'm from St James', which was going this way.

The layout of the Divis area makes it hell for cops. I know they also have the same issue with that area that runs up the side of the Empire. I saw the hoods play with the cops when I was doing door in the area and talked to some cops about it. Not to the same degree of course, not even close

C

Castle Ray

I'm from St James', which was going this way.

The layout of the Divis area makes it hell for cops. I know they also have the same issue with that area that runs up the side of the Empire. I saw the hoods play with the cops when I was doing door in the area and talked to some cops about it. Not to the same degree of course, not even close
In that last video it has Divis Tower in the background, but what's the actual road that the cars are hurtling around? Surely that's not the actual Falls Road and must be in a more residential side street area.

It seems a complete breakdown of law and order that occurred years ago combined with paramilitaries no longer meting out "punishments" anymore and this is the result. McClure Street in south belfast is bad but nowhere near that carry on. It's hard to imagine how people never mind families can live in an area like that unless they're part of those associated with the hoods. Are the parents of the hoods as bad? Do the hoods live in the area or do they come into the area to do that?

eskrimador

In that last video it has Divis Tower in the background, but what's the actual road that the cars are hurtling around? Surely that's not the actual Falls Road and must be in a more residential side street area.

It seems a complete breakdown of law and order that occurred years ago combined with paramilitaries no longer meting out "punishments" anymore and this is the result. McClure Street in south belfast is bad but nowhere near that carry on. It's hard to imagine how people never mind families can live in an area like that unless they're part of those associated with the hoods. Are the parents of the hoods as bad? Do the hoods live in the area or do they come into the area to do that?
That's the main Fslls Road, technically, Divis Street. It's just down from the famous International Wall.

I can't answer your questions, not being from the area. I'll ask around though.

pippakin

That didn't look political that looked like kids. The problem for the PSNI is that if anything happens to some mothers little darling she is going to go nuts blaming police brutality and swearing her boy/girl is as innocent as a new born babe, and there will be plenty of people who will swear she is right.

Its disgusting and it needs firm fast action. And who lets their dog out loose in a city.

eskrimador

That didn't look political that looked like kids. The problem for the PSNI is that if anything happens to some mothers little darling she is going to go nuts blaming police brutality and swearing her boy/girl is as innocent as a new born babe, and there will be plenty of people who will swear she is right.

Its disgusting and it needs firm fast action. And who lets their dog out loose in a city.
It's much worse than that. The UTV unit that was filming had their car attacked BTW

Sync

Don't they have helicopters in the PSNI? Deploy them for God's sake and hunt these people down.

pippakin

It's much worse than that. The UTV unit that was filming had their car attacked BTW
The kids are out of control but it didn't look political. Some of the kids in the video I saw, thanks for the link btw, will be identifiable and there must be others who know the members of this 'Divis Hoods' I had a look at your map. As much as I hate it I think it looks like a job for 'kettling.

cathalbrugha

Cheeky gets have a channel on YT..

[video=youtube;1xGfzcB9-KQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGfzcB9-KQ[/video]
If you stook a few barrels of concrete in the middle of that road, it would force the local politicans to act by putting ramps in. It worked in Dublin.(It doesn't prevent Ambulances/Fire Brigades being able to move at the usual speed, as the ramps are big enough to prevent cars driving at those speeds, but small enough not to bother the Emergency Services vehicles)..

In Birmingham joyriding was reduced by 80%-90% when a field was allocated for stock car racing by local authorities. People started donating old cars, and a garage evolved..

Popular Threads

Most Replies