• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Mandatory Stock Market Speculation - Joan Burton's latest brainfart

SPN

D

Deleted member 17573

Joan Burton is reported to have come up with a new wheeze to take your money from you, and to force you to speculate on the stock markets.

Or maybe it's a wheeze to get more money into the NTMA to enable it to buy Government Bonds.

Either way, it's a ridiculous notion, and should be fought against at every opportunity.

Burton confirms plans for universal pension scheme - The Irish Times - Sun, Dec 30, 2012
Why?

Edit: Ok - just noticed the thread is in the Humour forum!

M

MrFunkyBoogaloo

Joan Burton is reported to have come up with a new wheeze to take your money from you, and to force you to speculate on the stock markets.

Or maybe it's a wheeze to get more money into the NTMA to enable it to buy Government Bonds.

Either way, it's a ridiculous notion, and should be fought against at every opportunity.

Burton confirms plans for universal pension scheme - The Irish Times - Sun, Dec 30, 2012
I especially like the fact that Joan is under the impression that any monies employees put into this scheme will be there when they retire. Does she believe that speculating on the stock markets is a win-win?

Also, it'll be a handy pot for governments to raid in the future.

Last edited:

slippy wicket

Talk about spinning a positive as a negative, I bet you watch Fox News as well.
I heard snoddy the shinner earlier and his 'solution' was to harvest the magic money tree and raise the state pension.

SPN

Talk about spinning a positive as a negative, I bet you watch Fox News as well.
I heard snoddy the shinner earlier and his 'solution' was to harvest the magic money tree and raise the state pension.
What is "positive" about the State taking even more of your money, and/or forcing you to speculate on "the markets"?

That's a negative by any standard.

D

Deleted member 17573

What is "positive" about the State taking even more of your money, and/or forcing you to speculate on "the markets"?

Why did you start this in the Humour forum - it's worthy of serious discussion?

SPN

Why did you start this in the Humour forum - it's worthy of serious discussion?
Because this proposal is a joke.

The only serious discussion we can have is about how we get rid of Amateur-FF and their obsession with telling us what to do.

D

Deleted member 17573

Because this proposal is a joke.

The only serious discussion we can have is about how we get rid of Amateur-FF and their obsession with telling us what to do.
This particular proposal or all conventional pension schemes?

slippy wicket

Sure just get a PRSA like us self employed loons , and then put it in bonds or gold or prize bonds or you could just give it all to me for some magic beans. :lol:

SPN

This particular proposal or all conventional pension schemes?
This particular proposal because it is the State forcing us to do something stupid with our money.

firefly123

This particular proposal because it is the State forcing us to do something stupid with our money.
What are you doing with your money so you will be able to live on more than €12000 a year?

drjimryan2

the real issue is trusting the pension sales people..........

commission sales have no place in proper pension schemes....

and thats the problem.....

Red Clover

I see don't see this suggestion as a joke. It is time that a proper pension scheme was brought in for every citizen in the state. It can easily be introduced through the PRSI scheme. Increase the contribution for employees, employers, self-employed and state form both the private sectors and public sector employees (why should there be a difference?). Nobody should have to 'play' the stock market or hire a fund manager. The NTMA has the experience in this area. Every citizen who contributes should be guaranteed a certain pension level on retirement (say 60% of wages - properly calculated). It is very simple really and I cannot see why anyone could object to a good scheme.

Crazy horse 6

Glad i'm out of the PAYE workforce. They have been reduced to slaves for the higher paid civil servents and the bankers.

Suck it up plebs it's only going to get worse :lol:

wexfordman

Wish they would make their feckin minds up!! Take away pension relief and rob private sector pension funds on the one hand, and then on the other hand say the state should be paying into pension funds!

This government is feckin schizophrenic

dresden8

I wonder what happened to the previous pension fund?

Oh yeah, it was given fncking away.

corporal punishment

THis has a very sinister feel to it. Reading between the lines it sounds like "pay into this scheme and you may get a pension at the end of it, refuse and you get nothing."

So why have I been paying PRSI for the last 30 years?

The people of this country need to remove this shower of buffoons before they finish the job started by the FF traitors.

noodles

Today, just today, I realised that every assumption I had been making about the future of ireland was wrong.
I honestly thought the country was going to pull through.

Labour seem to believe that half the entire population are needy and can continue to receive welfare payments.
Minister Reilly believes that every medical need of every citizen will be looked after by universal insurance.
Minister burton now wants to increase pension rates for every worker in the country because the old age pension isn't enough. (19000 a year for a married couple)
The irish independent believes we are on the cusp of another property boom
Minister noon an believes people are going to start spending again in record numbers

My neighbour, tesco worker was asked to work Christmas Eve and st Stephens day, her husband also works. She rang in sick and she told me she doesn't give a damn any more.
The Labour Party and the fgs are ruining this country, continuing the ff work.

Working people can take no more.

NeilW

Yes, nothing more stupid than providing for your retirement.

Oh, there is, it's reading an article and not realising that noone will be forced to do anything. Now that is stupid. Well done.

wexfordman

Yes, nothing more stupid than providing for your retirement.

Oh, there is, it's reading an article and not realising that noone will be forced to do anything. Now that is stupid. Well done.

He never said providing for your retirement was stupid, he said what the government were proposing was stupid!

Again, just to point out what Joan is saying, people need to be encouraged to provide for retirement....
ell perhaps Joan, you should ask how this is being implemented by your government who have reduced incentives to save for retirement, made it more difficult for those who are saving for retirement, and who also dipped into the retirement funds of those same people

I have reduced my pension contributions specifically because of the policies of this shower, it's getting less and less worth it, and less and less affordable, and this fool of a minister says that they need to encourage more people to do save, awhile government policy is discouraging them.

What a tool!

Popular Threads

Most Replies