• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Mannix Flynn

Jim84

He'll get at substantial vote out of Mercer House, York Street etc..

Would be an outside chance of getting a seat, with Independents polling at 20% nationwide. We are going to see a lot of Independents elected this time

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
The story of Mannix:> A young boy growing up in the Dublin slums in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. He spent years in industrial schools as a young boy. By the age of 16 he had graduated to St. Patrick’s Institution for juvenile offenders. On 19 May 1973, two medical doctors certified him as insane under section 2 of the Criminal Lunatic (Ireland) Act 1838. As a boy of 14 years of age, he had already run the gamut of industrial schools under the aegis of the Department of Education. In a private and confidential letter to the Secretary of the Department of Education, stamped “not to be read in open court”, the psychiatric consultant gave his view of the young man from the Dublin slums. Oireachtas Debates

codology wrote:
He's an attention seeking w#nker.
I very much doubt that you would say that within earshot of Mannix - if you did though I'd bet you would be seeking attention. Now kindly go away and give your other hand some practice.

kerrynorth

Lives in Kerry though!

TradCat

He is critical of “so-called activists” who claim to be working on behalf of tenants but are actually “exploiting the exploited”.

The State’s drugs policies have failed, he says, because they criminalise addiction.

“The State is happy to hand out needles to addicts but takes no responsibility for them when they inject.”

He suggests a pilot scheme for the controlled distribution of heroin to addicts.
Sounds like a man with ideas who is no afraid of making a stand. Good luck to him.

codology

The story of Mannix:> A young boy growing up in the Dublin slums in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. He spent years in industrial schools as a young boy. By the age of 16 he had graduated to St. Patrick’s Institution for juvenile offenders. On 19 May 1973, two medical doctors certified him as insane under section 2 of the Criminal Lunatic (Ireland) Act 1838. As a boy of 14 years of age, he had already run the gamut of industrial schools under the aegis of the Department of Education. In a private and confidential letter to the Secretary of the Department of Education, stamped “not to be read in open court”, the psychiatric consultant gave his view of the young man from the Dublin slums. Oireachtas Debates

codology wrote: I very much doubt that you would say that within earshot of Mannix - if you did though I'd bet you would be seeking attention. Now kindly go away and give your other hand some practice.
Is that you Mannix you will not get more than 400 votes,the people from your own area know what you are,the only votes you will get will be from middle class types who think your an artiste.

He's the drinking man's colm o'gorman. he's an assh*le. and arts council member. i'll tell him to f*ck off to his face if he comes to my door.

* he doesn't even live in the constituency
* he showed no real balls over the o'searcaigh affair, and guess what - is back on the Toscaireacht (Toscaireacht | Aosdana)
* another whinger about investment in the community who doesnt pay his fair share of taxes (The Stage / News / Prominent Irish artists benefit from tax breaks)
* has no problem making money out of other people's sexual grief - without their permission (Don't make films about Kerry babies, Joanne Hayes pleads - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie)

Mannix will be a refreshing addition to Dublin City Council. I love fear that he seems to spread through the anoraks here.

Everyone in the know has been aware of Mannix's plans for sometime , Flynn for mayor

Mazzy Maz

I saw his posters on Pearse street on the way home from work yesterday.

What are his politics (left / right / religious etc.)? There seems to be a couple of posters here who already have strong opinions on him. I don't know anything about him. Anyone care to enlighten me?

pragmatic and inner city

Abacus

Oh what disrespect ye have for a great descendant and proud bearer of the glorious Irish name Flynn. How little ye know !
Isn't it the case that Flynn is one of the great Irish surnames (in the top 50 no less ) and that Irish history is replete with tales of derringdo of the courageous never-say-die Flynns.
Go check their Coat of Arms for Chrisssake and see there not just two cojones but three and that as any redblooded Irish male will tell you denotes out and out courage. And while ye're at it look up the Flynn Family Website for the absolute ultimate in purest Flynnology.......aaaaahh it warmed the cockles of my heart to see and hear it.....it's absolutely glorious and Flynns to boot all round. The hairless Flynn down the second page standing guard over the crock of gold with his hat in his hand is your quintessential Flynn though and exudes honesty with every wave of his arm. There's just no mistaking the integrity of the guy. 'Twas always said of them, y'know, that they were never far from the money.

The soundtrack is a real adrenaline pumper tho' and Mannix would do well to try and hook up to it before anyone else cottons on to it. 'Twould be a real crowd puller.
For a real treat, just do a Google trawl on "Flynn Family Web" and see what the real Flynns are made of.

Anyone who thinks that the Flynns are soft touches or easy pushovers needs to get a load of that Flynn Family Website to see where they are coming from.

And I'm not going to say a word about the current crop of Flynn who have distinguished themselves time and again across the years. It runs in the Flynn families, y'see.

Ya come from great stock, Mannix and y'know, quality will always out in the end no matter what.

Last edited:

dail usher

Wasn't he an actor at some stage (pun intended)..... also isn't there some rumour or story involving the old Dockrells store on Camden St and some matches?

Wasn't he an actor at some stage (pun intended)..... also isn't there some rumour or story involving the old Dockrells store on Camden St and some matches?
news to me. hasnt been a Dockrells store there for years.

I'd vote for Shan F*cking Mohangi before I'd ever note for a nasty, talentless arts council bankrolled over-bearing sense of entitlemented c*nt like Flynn.