Marathon Man v's Dead Man Walking....

Catalpast

Leo: Chaps - I think I'm over the line...:cool:

Simon: You may run Varadkar - but you cannot hide...:evil:

ShoutingIsLeadership

Bertie Mark II. Turns down the chance to appear on This Week, to discuss policy. Instead, tells the media that he'll be running a 5k (big deal,:btw). Media shows up, the organisers let him start in the front row, and at the end he and Murphy stand there as he gives another soundbite to the media.

The media needs to balls up and stop playing games on his terms

Erudite Caveman

Bertie Mark II. Turns down the chance to appear on This Week, to discuss policy. Instead, tells the media that he'll be running a 5k (big deal,:btw). Media shows up, the organisers let him start in the front row, and at the end he and Murphy stand there as he gives another soundbite to the media.

The media needs to balls up and stop playing games on his terms
5k, 26:44. He'd better have been canvassing. The media isn't going to stop anything because he his playing the games on their terms too. Their job is to sell papers/adverts etc.. and he helps.

As for not turning up on This Week, thanks, but I'd rather not have a Taoiseach that would be as innocent as that.

ShoutingIsLeadership

5k, 26:44. He'd better have been canvassing. The media isn't going to stop anything because he his playing the games on their terms too. Their job is to sell papers/adverts etc.. and he helps.

As for not turning up on This Week, thanks, but I'd rather not have a Taoiseach that would be as innocent as that.

Very right about the media...little wonder that it's becoming yellow pack work.

It was Brian Dowling!

Erudite Caveman

Very right about the media...little wonder that it's becoming yellow pack work.
Becoming? The media/politicians are just following a fine tradition going back hundreds of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_bardic_poetry

While they were employed by kings and other powerful figures in Irish society, bards also acted independently and were highly respected individuals for their own power. Irish society focused largely on a fame or shame mentality. Which one you received largely depended on if the bard liked you or not, therefore, many people would go out of their way to please the bards in the hopes that they would get a song or poem composed about them.
Nothing new here..

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies