Marching bands / Post orange order

McSlaggart

The orange order is in a state of its long goodbye. The question is how do we protect the tradition of marching bands? The initial reaction within "nationalism" could be "so long and thanks for all the fish". This would be short sighted as we would be removing a possible source of tourism attraction. An annual circuit of weekend parades in different towns could be one way of keeping the tradition alive and if carried out in the correct manner a source of tourism for the towns in question.

Mickeymac

The orange order is in a state of its long goodbye. The question is how do we protect the tradition of marching bands? The initial reaction within "nationalism" could be "so long and thanks for all the fish". This would be short sighted as we would be removing a possible source of tourism attraction. An annual circuit of weekend parades in different towns could be one way of keeping the tradition alive and if carried out in the correct manner a source of tourism for the towns in question.

The sick counties need someone like Rick to deal with these troublesome walkers :ROFLMAO:

hane-Rick-Lori-the-walking-dead-17442476-1600-1200.jpg

neiphin

McTell

Twitter
No
Couldn't they all do it in some big field away from animals and children?

Both sides are at it up there, and the nats are almost worse because of the attitude of any size drum you can beat, we can beat one too.

OK so it's part of "working class culture" that goes back all of 200 years. Even fun traditions like bull baiting had their day.

The basic Q is do we set up cultural reservations like the indians for orange drummers and the gaely-gorys. For chinese tourists to snap, and wonder how the guy out front with the stick catches it.

Observer B

Both sides are at it up there, and the nats are almost worse because of the attitude of any size drum you can beat, we can beat one too.
Hardly with roughly 200 Parades Vs roughly 2000 for Unionists. I'd ban them all just on the premise of policing cost to tax payers alone. If they had to pay for policing there would be a lot less marches (on the roads anyway).

devonish

Hardly with roughly 200 Parades Vs roughly 2000 for Unionists. I'd ban them all just on the premise of policing cost to tax payers alone. If they had to pay for policing there would be a lot less marches (on the roads anyway).
Easy statement to make, not so easy to implement, would you also ban Gay Pride, what about boy scouts? Would people have the right to march in protest against job losses or foreign wars? I wouldn't envy your job of deciding which parades are "worthy" and which aren't.

milipod

Easy statement to make, not so easy to implement, would you also ban Gay Pride, what about boy scouts? Would people have the right to march in protest against job losses or foreign wars? I wouldn't envy your job of deciding which parades are "worthy" and which aren't.
Would they not jog.

Mickeymac

Sounds the easiest job in the World in the six counties........getting paid to determine contentious hate parades which nurture violence, hate and division...............and harmless Boy Scouts and colorful Gay festival parades.(y)

So easy.:LOL:

McSlaggart

The simple solution is to have parades on very specific roads such that they have a limited impact on wider society.

Observer B

It's the sheer volume of OO marches that is ridiculous, Gay pride, boy scouts etc. don't take over the roads of the north for most week end evenings of the summer.

Levellers

There are 2,000 OO parades every year. Only a handful are causing problems mainly in urban areas. Get rid of the handful of problem ones and there is a vast selection of parades to attend.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies