Margaret Ritchie, hypocrite or liar on donation secrecy?

pete2

..SDLP's support for party donor secrecy contradicts a personal pledge by Margaret Ritchie just before she became party leader.
Ms Ritchie stated earlier this year: “I believe that the time has come for the public to know who exactly provides the financial fuel that keeps party political |machines in operation.”
She also told party members the SDLP would make donation details public within weeks of her becoming leader.
That has not happened and instead the party is now pressing for the secrecy arrangements to be retained...source

I believe there should be immediate donation transparency so hopefully as much of the corruption can be exposed before the parties have a chance to clean up their act. The SDLP sicken me with their doublespeak and lies!!!

Mickeymac

I believe there should be immediate donation transparency so hopefully as much of the corruption can be exposed before the parties have a chance to clean up their act. The SDLP sicken me with their doublespeak and lies!!!

Pete, don't get your knickers in a twist, the electorate in the sick counties have twigged on to these scumbags, watch this space re May elections sir.

vinoboy

SDLP are scumbags ? Do not think so ,mainly honourable folk who do their best for their community and try to reach out to Protestant community .At grassroots level their Councillors are generally held in high esteem by Protestants due to their work and fair minded approach.Do not agree with their policies as a Unionist but respect their approach .SDLP compared to SF ,hmmmmm,32 CSM ,no contest .

physicist

I'd be interested in seeing the list of private donors Sinn Féin gets their money from too ;)

Last edited:

grassroots

I'd be interested in seeing the list of private donors Sinn Féin gets their money from too ;)
I thought the Shinners were financed by the banks, small oil and the tobacco industry. Bit like the GOP in the US.

idle tim

Are you denying Irish terrorists have made money from those things?
Well ime sure you have all of the statistics ready to prove me wrong if i did deny any Republicans ever used underhanded means as a way of financing there cause,,,,,but the threads about Margaret Richie and Hypocricy,,,so you just continue trolling to suit your little personal "No Surrender"agenda.

Ricky McCall

Well ime sure you have all of the statistics ready to prove me wrong if i did deny any Republicans ever used underhanded means as a way of financing there cause,,,,,but the threads about Margaret Richie and Hypocricy,,,so you just continue trolling to suit your little personal "No Surrender"agenda.
I'll take that as evidence of your submission....

mickdotcom

Hello Alanis Morrissette,

I just found the lost verse of your "isnt it ironic" song

etc etc

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies