Marginal tax rate of 62% to demotivate and demoralise Irish business & professionals

Harry700

My friend - drop the CHIPPED shoulder & stop embarrassing yourself !

Cheers,

Harry

Whatever he was doing will be done by someone else - and probably someone else with a much less inflated sense of personal entitlement. Im only sorry for the people of Malaga, who will have to endure this Pompous Paddy. As the East Europeans called this sort of Paddy - peasants enriched overnight.

Cael

My friend - drop the CHIPPED shoulder & stop embarrassing yourself !

Cheers,

Harry
Not at all. Im genuinely happy that you are leaving the county. The air will be a lot cleaner. I hope you take most of your gombeen chums with you.

Tim Johnston

It took sixty years of high taxes, under social democratic governments, to build up their excellent public services.
And it took the previous century to build up industry under laissez-faire government to the extent that social democracy was even conceivable :)

The quality life tends to to be better in countries where the tax burden is over 40% of GDP and best where it is approaching 50%.
Not in Ireland. I'm sorry but it just isn't.

Cael

And it took the previous century to build up industry under laissez-faire government to the extent that social democracy was even conceivable :)
Sweden never had laissez-faire government. Nor did anywhere else.

Tim Johnston

This generation is so spoiled-I rember paying 65p in the pound or punt - income tax plus social insurance 5% or more depending on earmings and another 5% pension . mortgage rates were 18% plus. Get off your asses.
"this generation" will be the first to get shot of Fianna Fail.

I say that makes us smarter.

Padraigin

The point with the high tax rates on businesses and high earners is that this is where employment originates. Someone has to be able to retain enough of their own income or profit to be able to pay employees. When the government is taxing at 52%-62%, the government is essentially depriving its citizens of employment.

Think of the tax revenues being sucked up by the government to pay the foreign banks in the Debt Enslavement Deal. That money will be drained out of Ireland for years and years with no benefit to anyone.

If that money stayed in Ireland, particularly if the tax rates remained low, that money would provide employment to Irish citizens.

Because that money will now flow out of the country and into foreign banks, Irish citizens will not be able to find work. No employer will be able to expand or hire any new employees, because the money that would otherwise have been used to pay these wages or salaries will be hoovered up to pay the bank debt.

The tax burden is going to increase, year after year, under the Debt Enslavement Deal. If you think the proposed budget for next year is awful, wait until you see the one that is coming the following year - and the year after that. The IMF is going to drain Ireland dry of its wealth in order to collect their reparations for the bank debt at its punitive interest rate.

Businesses will fail, starting this year. The rate of business failures will escalate as the tax burdens increase. People will be out of work all over Ireland. The economy will be wrecked beyond recognition.

And, because the Irish government will have become agents for colllecting reparations to be paid to foreign banks, the Irish government will be unable - and apparently unwilling - to provide any meaningful social services to impoverished Irish citizens who become unemployed as a direct result of these punitive policies.

And, yes, despite the grinding effort to crush everyone in the country and take away everything we have, the point will come where we will default. There is simply no way this monstrous burden of debt - which we are not responsible for in the first place - can be repaid. However, by waiting too late to default, we will have allowed our country to be destroyed. We will have no means to rebuild it, because our businesses will have failed, we will have surrendered all of our assets, and we will have nothing left.

Cael

The point with the high tax rates on businesses and high earners is that this is where employment originates.
Quite right. But we want to abolish employment, which is wage-slavery. The Irish people need to nationalise our land, and build up state companies so that our people can work in dignity and for themselves and their comrades - not for the profit of filthy gombeens.

Let the spivs f-ck off wherever they like. We will not miss them.

Padraigin

Quite right. But we want to abolish employment, which is wage-slavery. The Irish people need to nationalise our land, and build up state companies so that our people can work in dignity and for themselves and their comrades - not for the profit of filthy gombeens.

Let the spivs f-ck off wherever they like. We will not miss them.

No, they don't. No sane person would ever want to doomed to forced labor by a government.

Free people want to be able to work for whom they choose, doing whatever work they they want, at whatever wages they will agree to be paid. The more businesses you have in your area, the greater the range of choices. The more valuable your work skills, the higher wages you will earn. And if you learn a particular skill or type of business well and can save or borrow a bit, you can start your own business and provide employment for others. While it is true that a bad economy or other factors may limit employment choices at times, no sane person would ever give up their right to choose themselves what work they do - or even if they work at all.

Marxist regimes that have destroyed their private sector rely upon coerced employment. People are forced to perform work that they are assigned to do and have no ability to negotiate their wages or salary, nor can they quit. This is slavery in its purest form. And since everyone is working as a result of coercion, no one gives a damn whether they do a good job or not. The productivity of the country goes down the tubes, because no one has any incentive to do anything except kill time on the job. The country gets poorer and poorer the longer a Marxist regime stays in power.

You need to expand your reading material. You have become somewhat of a one-trick pony. You need more breadth of understanding so that you can put all the Marxist ideology into perspective. Once you start expanding your horizons, you will realize that just about all of its premises are nonsense.

Cael

Free people want to be able to work for whom they choose, doing whatever work they they want, at whatever wages they will agree to be paid.
Thats a novel idea. Free people would rather work for some gombeen than work for themselves?

Cael

The more businesses you have in your area, the greater the range of choices.
No, it just means that you have to work for one gombeen or another - or else be a gombeen yourself. That isnt a choice.

Cael

The more valuable your work skills, the higher wages you will earn.
So you spend you time learning skills - just to prostitute yourself?

Cael

You need to expand your reading material. You have become somewhat of a one-trick pony.
Yes, I really must. They must be good books that you are reading - to explain so well how prostitution is freedom.

Padraigin

Thats a novel idea. Free people would rather work for some gombeen than work for themselves?

Actually, most would. Self-employment is a precarious situation since your income is unpredictable. You might earn a lot, or you might earn very little. You may go long periods without any income at all. People who value their independence more than steady income prefer self-employment, but the vast majority of people want to know that they are going to get paid on a regular basis.

Cael

Actually, most would. Self-employment is a precarious situation since your income is unpredictable. You might earn a lot, or you might earn very little. You may go long periods without any income at all. People who value their independence more than steady income prefer self-employment, but the vast majority of people want to know that they are going to get paid on a regular basis.

Do you like being a wage-slave yourself, or is it something you think only others would enjoy?

Harry700

The only matter complicating business sale is my firm insistence that 28 staff are guaranteed minimum 30 months employment or paid out in full by any new owner. The risk in our business is 1 or 2 poor decisions could cost 300,000 Euro ! I accept my crime in modern Ireland is progressing from an extremely deprived background, "having a go" & enriching the Government i.e. in 2007 I happily paid approx 5000,000 in tax & gave each employee an unexpected 30% bonus. (The wife needles me that our tax take pays for all the Fianna Fail luxury jets !!). So, I make no apology for running a 7 year Merc or my wife a Bentley.

Now, at 46 my capacity for bulls-it has diminished somewhat & the concept of walking the mountains of Granada appeals.

Cheers,

Harry

[1] That isn't risk/reward hours worked are irrelevant to risk
[2] You clearly did that without an accountant fair play
[3] Why not sell the business rather than close it

LeDroit

You're obviously new here. Don't waste your time trying to debate Cael. He is unsaveable and will not engage in rational discussion. He issues polemics, edicts from on high so you can see how much more clever he is than you. It doesn't bother him that his system has failed everywhere it's been tried or that it has always had to be accompanied by a repressive dictatorship that closes it's borders to prevent it's people leaving. He is right and that's it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies