Margot Kidder RIP

GDPR

Margot Kidder, the Canadian actress best known for playing Supermans Lois Lane in the classic Christopher Reeve/Richard Donner trilogy has died aged 69.

She was the face of the early 80s, already a cult success for The Amityville Horror, but her career was derailed by Bi-Polarism. Nevertheless, she survived misdiagnosis, over and under medication and a public arrest when having a florid breakdown to become an organiser for the Progressive Democrats of America and write numerous articles for left-leaning publications.

Witty, clever, sexy and a real survivor. She was a Super Woman in her own way.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/14/margot-kidder-superman-movie-lois-lane-dies-aged-69

Margot, hand-cuffed and smiling being arrested a the White House for peacefully demonstrating against the Keystone Pipe Line

As Lois Lane

As a young woman

Sotired

RIP.

Living on borrowed time though.

Ever since Superman spun the world backwards to turn back time to save her from the earthquake.

D

Deleted member 45466

A quirky Lois Lane. Credit to her, she stood by Dick Donner when the Salkinds were being cvntish about Donner's vision for Superman II.

She made an excellent movie in the 80s called White Room.

The Amityville Horror was a bit meh, although the scene where Margot is confronted by a pair of torches that are supposed to pass for pig's eyes, was genuinely scarey - way back when!

Rest in peace sweety.

Zapslaststand

Twitter
@daxxdrake
Rots has the black crepe out on the Estate tonight......a touch of class that lass....

GDPR

Rots has the black crepe out on the Estate tonight......a touch of class that lass....
She belonged to that unique cinematic period when unconventionally beautiful women were cast and cast again and sought after by independent-minded male directors.

storybud1

She should have been cast more,, good actress and top job on Superman, I remember it well coming home watching that movie when we were kids,, it's fooking ************************e getting old,,

Sync

Just discovered that I’ve been convinced for 3 decades that her and Karen Allen from Raiders were the same person.

GDPR

When I was a kid, I loved Lois Lane and Princess Leia Organa.

Me being me, I used to set up a hard-hitting interview between Lois and Leia in my head. ( Iwas always Lois).

"So tonight, I interview the rebel leader in our EXCLUSIVE. For the first time, in her own words, with no dubbing or sub-titling."

GDPR

When I was four, I wanted to be Lois Lane. Not because Superman adored her. Because she was Lois Lane. Flying around with Superman just seemed to be part of the package.

Kidder gave me my very first strong female role model and for that, I will be eternally grateful.

Nesuno

Margot Kidder, the Canadian actress best known for playing Supermans Lois Lane in the classic Christopher Reeve/Richard Donner trilogy has died aged 69.

She was the face of the early 80s, already a cult success for The Amityville Horror, but her career was derailed by Bi-Polarism. Nevertheless, she survived misdiagnosis, over and under medication and a public arrest when having a florid breakdown to become an organiser for the Progressive Democrats of America and write numerous articles for left-leaning publications.

Witty, clever, sexy and a real survivor. She was a Super Woman in her own way.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/14/margot-kidder-superman-movie-lois-lane-dies-aged-69

Margot, hand-cuffed and smiling being arrested a the White House for peacefully demonstrating against the Keystone Pipe Line

As Lois Lane

As a young woman

RIP. Thank you for your fine acting.

"You got me. Who's got you?"

Say hello to Christopher for me.

Nesuno

When I was a kid, I loved Lois Lane and Princess Leia Organa.

Me being me, I used to set up a hard-hitting interview between Lois and Leia in my head. ( Iwas always Lois).

"So tonight, I interview the rebel leader in our EXCLUSIVE. For the first time, in her own words, with no dubbing or sub-titling."
When I was a kid my conversation with Leia was a little different, and by the time "The Return of the Jedi" came out, conversation was the last thing on my mind. That outfit in Jabba's palace. wow.... I was a nerd on a fantasy mission.

flavirostris

Jesus. What a beautiful woman. She was perfect. Sculpted cheekbones, pale skin with black hair and brown eyes. Gorgeous looking in her late '70s prime.

Just watch Amityville horror.

Socratus O' Pericles

The star of Quackser Fortune Has A Cousin In The Bronx.

Last edited:

Gwannow

My late wife resembled Margot very much - not the reason I married her for, but a bonus all the same. We watched Quakster Fortune Has A Cousin In the Bronx together when we first started going together. My heart is sad upon hearing the news of Margot's passing. Say hello to Bub for me Margot. RIP dear lady.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies