Maria Bailey's claim and consequences

D

Deleted member 9361

Agreed but like politicians they also go the other way if any award given is above expectation the legals along side the bureaucrats will increase the % thus making the fee a benchmark and then go on to state that considering the complexities and the dynamics of the issues and quantums involved everything that was done was done on the best possible advice that was available at the time however we can not comment on individual cases ( unless it is about a murder) (podcast) just in case they come before the judiciary at a later date also there is an obligation to redact certain information on the grounds it may breach Eu competition law in the meantime in the interest of us and that of the people of the state it has been decided to place all matters concerned under seal (banks) for 30 years.
The IMF knew before they visited us that this was a mad kip then they seen for themselves exacatly how fooked up it was (legal fees) and done an Arnold Schwarzenegger meaning unless Alan Shatter could sort it and in fairness he tried but he had to deal with the law society (self regulated) and Leo (God help us) and failed.
To sum up if the IMF come back the legal fee system will be first on the list as Ireland has the highest legal fees in the western world which is quite amazing when you actually think about it.
If I was a bank I don't think I would lend a solicitor 3 times his current earnings, Just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 9361

Agreed but like politicians they also go the other way if any award given is above expectation the legals along side the bureaucrats will increase the % thus making the fee a benchmark and then go on to state that considering the complexities and the dynamics of the issues and quantums involved everything that was done was done on the best possible advice that was available at the time however we can not comment on individual cases ( unless it is about a murder) (podcast) just in case they come before the judiciary at a later date also there is an obligation to redact certain information on the grounds it may breach Eu competition law in the meantime in the interest of us and that of the people of the state it has been decided to place all matters concerned under seal (banks) for 30 years.
The IMF knew before they visited us that this was a mad kip then they seen for themselves exacatly how fooked up it was (legal fees) and done an Arnold Schwarzenegger meaning unless Alan Shatter could sort it and in fairness he tried but he had to deal with the law society (self regulated) and Leo (God help us) and failed.
To sum up if the IMF come back the legal fee system will be first on the list as Ireland has the highest legal fees in the western world which is quite amazing when you actually think about it.
If I was a bank I don't think I would lend a solicitor 3 time his current earnings, Just in case.

Watcher2

To annoy the die hard FG gombeens like yourself.

FFS, so that we know the type of character of our elected officials. This whole Maria Bailey matter needs to be brought to light and I mean EVERY single facet of it. People are getting screwed everyday because of sky high insurance premiums which the Bailey type claims are partly causing. These sky high insurance costs are hampering economic activity and therefore job creation.

Stop circling the wagons and lets have some service for the Irish people.

Baron von Biffo

To annoy the die hard FG gombeens like yourself.
Me in FG? :D :D

In days gone by FG members here used to claom I was in FF, Lab and SF because they saw me as being critical of their party. One of them even accused me of running a Twitter campaign against Charlie Flanagan during the 2011 election.

I have the great luxury of not being a member or supporter of any party so I don't have to turn mental somersaults to defend the idiocy they all come out with from time to time.

FFS, so that we know the type of character of our elected officials. This whole Maria Bailey matter needs to be brought to light and I mean EVERY single facet of it. People are getting screwed everyday because of sky high insurance premiums which the Bailey type claims are partly causing. These sky high insurance costs are hampering economic activity and therefore job creation.

Stop circling the wagons and lets have some service for the Irish people.
We will never and should never learn what Bailey's dealings with her solicitor were. The principle of lawyer/client privilege is too important to be set aside to further embarrass (if that's possible in Bailey's case) a failed politician.

Watcher2

Me in FG? :D :D

In days gone by FG members here used to claom I was in FF, Lab and SF because they saw me as being critical of their party. One of them even accused me of running a Twitter campaign against Charlie Flanagan during the 2011 election.

I have the great luxury of not being a member or supporter of any party so I don't have to turn mental somersaults to defend the idiocy they all come out with from time to time.

We will never and should never learn what Bailey's dealings with her solicitor were. The principle of lawyer/client privilege is too important to be set aside to further embarrass (if that's possible in Bailey's case) a failed politician.
That privilege is gone. We now have a politician lawyer advising another politician on what appears to be an insurance fraud. Since insurance has been noted as a single factor contributing to economic demise, its important that we get to the bottom of this and expose what is wrong.

Baron von Biffo

That privilege is gone. We now have a politician lawyer advising another politician on what appears to be an insurance fraud. Since insurance has been noted as a single factor contributing to economic demise, its important that we get to the bottom of this and expose what is wrong.
That doesn't trump lawyer/client privilege.

SuirView

And then they ran away!

SuirView

It was an internal inquiry, zero obligation to reveal the findings.

Interesting that, yet again on p.ie, posters are completely missing the point about why this story, however briefly, found its way into the news a couple of days ago.

You can only laugh.
Do you still believe that because it was "an internal inquiry",
There was "zero obligation to reveal the findings"?
This will be good yet!

Frank Castle

Why hasn't Alan Farrell been investigated we seen yet again his head in the trough leaving nothing on the table, claiming roaming charges when they were scrapped. Shameful

SuirView

Why hasn't Alan Farrell been investigated we seen yet again his head in the trough leaving nothing on the table, claiming roaming charges when they were scrapped. Shameful
I hope you're not looking for another "FG internal inquiry"?
That would be another waste of time!

The OD

I hope you're not looking for another "FG internal inquiry"?
That would be another waste of time!
Considering how many of them have their heads up their arses it wouldn't be much of an effort though.

yosef shompeter

Is Bailey contesting the election?
Well, Verona -- that's Verona Murphy sure is. She was putting up a good fight with Seán O Rourke on the morning radio show. She's a fighter ok. If I lived in Wexford she'd get my vote.

Popular Threads

Most Replies