Maria Bailey's claim and consequences

Myler

a lot of people would get a solicitor to fill in the PIAB form, generally in anticipation of the defendant not accepting the PIAB assessment
Which, is it fair to say, doesn't sit well with the "she only gave her a digout with the oul form" line.

Because we'd all expect an Irish public representative would need lots of help filling out official forms, wouldn't we?

artfoley56

Which, is it fair to say, doesn't sit well with the "she only gave her a digout with the oul form" line.

Because we'd all expect an Irish public representative would need lots of help filling out official forms, wouldn't we?
but in fairness, humanity had been crossed so she needed serious help to fill in the form

here's the form

richie268

And when did it happen?
The legal papers filed on behalf of Ms Bailey state that the incident occurred on July 13th, a Monday. However, she said this week this was wrong and it actually occurred on Friday, July 10th.

A simple question for Leo: Was the time and date of the swing incident agreed by all parties involved?

artfoley56

I wouldn't bet on it, if the Indo keeps the story running it could backfire.
Well she'll be up against small business owner Juliet O'Connell who will make hay on it because of the amount businesses closing on George's St.

There eff all sympathy out here for Bailey and I wouldn't imagine that changing even if the info ran the story from now until the election.

wombat

Well she'll be up against small business owner Juliet O'Connell who will make hay on it because of the amount businesses closing on George's St.
I doubt Labour will be in the running for a seat for a while. People get bored after a while, its a big issue but there will be others between now and the election and she's personally popular so its possible she'll recover.

carlovian

Myler

Another minister said: ‘The expected exoneration of Josepha (Madigan) has given Leo a free hand. Losing a TD is a nuisance but losing a minister would be a crisis.

‘Taking Bailey out is internally at least a risk-free action. There is, to put it mildly, no Maria Bailey faction within the party. She is isolated.’

The party is believed to be already measuring up the political potential of two new councillors.... Lorraine Hall .... and Jennifer Carroll MacNeill, ......

‘They are far more in the line of what would suit Dun Laoghaire,’ said a source. ‘The Baileys, well, they always appeared to be more suited to Fianna Fail.’
Sounds credible, as how these things are worked out.

Disillusioned democrat

I'm sure when some people started posting to this thread they thought "consequences" meant real consequences - you know, because it looks like she knowingly tried to make an exaggerated claim based on a false affidavit - as opposed to a slap on the wrist from her colleagues, some loud tut-tutting and maybe the unpleasantness of the hoi polloi knowing your business.

carlovian

Bailey may not go quietly out the door.

Could she challenge it on the basis of Alan Farrell not being investigated?

galteeman

good stuff I hope they throw the book at her.
‘The Baileys, well, they always appeared to be more suited to Fianna Fail.’
That's what I felt myself, same goes for Madigan actually her dad was a FF councillor.
They are all opportunists and are only in FG because their areas are strong FG areas these days.

galteeman

Bailey may not go quietly out the door.

Could she challenge it on the basis of Alan Farrell not being investigated?
I think they should go after Farrell as well and really make a statement about what FG stands for.

carlovian

I think they should go after Farrell as well and really make a statement about what FG stands for.
Doesn’t fg stand for dodgy insurance claims ?

That and dodgy property development

galteeman

Doesn’t fg stand for dodgy insurance claims ?
That's how it's been looking so they need to do something drastic to turn that around.

carlovian

That's how it's been looking so they need to do something drastic to turn that around.
I can’t see them getting power next election.

The housing issue is affecting too many people and Varadkar has lost his popularity.

They have fallen into the out of touch zone which happens after too many years of power.

galteeman

I can’t see them getting power next election.

The housing issue is affecting too many people and Varadkar has lost his popularity.

They have fallen into the out of touch zone which happens after too many years of power.
Don't bank on them not coming back. Loads of people are doing very nicely and they may be temporarily angry with Bailey or whatever the flavour of the month is but come the real election they might not want to risk FF eejitry blowing it again.
Anyways even if FF beat FG by 10 seats it's hard to see them forming any govt. without FG. I reckon it's going to be a FF/FG coalition whatever happens.

sic transit

The court took care of him but depends on how he might fare and what they have locally, Might be an excuse for a quota readjustment.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies