Maria Bailey's claim and consequences

wombat

Would you want to sit in your living room with a few dozen junkies shouting their heads off outside and perhaps using your lawn as a toilet?
No, its bad enough on Patrick street in Dun Laoghaire every Tuesday.

SuirView

Do you believe that Maria Bailey should be a FG candidate next election?

wombat

Do you believe that Maria Bailey should be a FG candidate next election?
Its up to them, I'll decide who I vote for at election time. I'm pist off at what she did but I like her personally so its a toss up.

artfoley56

Arguably, if every GP dispensed methadone and every addict was assigned to their own GP at different times and days it would be a lot easier if they weren't given the opportunity to congregate and annoy the cr@p out of everyone around them.
It's arguable alright but take anti social behaviour out of society.

carlovian

Perhaps in your back yard?

Seriously though, the points I made in previous posts about addict behaviour and the complete absence of policing remain unanswered. Until they're addressed methadone clinics are a nightmare that shouldn't be imposed on any community.
At least you are being honest.

If it’s fg policy to ban methadone clinics then they should come out and say so.

carlovian

Worked in Dún Laoghaire for 20 years. It could be tough all right on some days.

But what’s the alternative?

Seán E. Ryan

Arguably, if every GP dispensed methadone and every addict was assigned to their own GP at different times and days it would be a lot easier if they weren't given the opportunity to congregate and annoy the cr@p out of everyone around them.
I like where this points. Though I'd remove GPs from the equation. They're as parasitic a crowd as the legal fraternity and a fair proportion of them are clueless halfwits.

The big problem with methadone clinics, as I see it, is that it facilitates associations that are very harmful to addicts who really want to quit. Not everyone who attends these clinics genuinely wants to quit. Lots of folks can't afford to feed their habits fully and use methadone to get through the lean times. Others have pissed off (or on) dealers and can't get their supplies as easily as they want. Some use the clinics to find customers and associations. So splitting groups up is a good idea for the most part.

On the other hand, the NIMBY crowd and particularly their advocates, should be rounded up and put on an island somewhere to die.

wombat

We're stuck with them but better in the town centre than in a residential area. I think they should be away from houses or schools, industrial estates have been suggested. There is a separate question about methadone, its a pacifier, not a cure.

Baron von Biffo

Paddyc's suggestion of dispersing them across GP practices makes a lot of sense. The insurmountable problem id concentrating addicts in certain areas while we have no culture of policing them.

It's unfair to apply the pejorative NIMBY to ordinary decent people who don't want their lives ruined by foisting a battalion of addicts on them. Opposition to such measures is a world away from the Dalkey arseholes who want all the benefits of city life but don't want neighbours.

Dedogs

I like where this points. Though I'd remove GPs from the equation. They're as parasitic a crowd as the legal fraternity and a fair proportion of them are clueless halfwits.

The big problem with methadone clinics, as I see it, is that it facilitates associations that are very harmful to addicts who really want to quit. Not everyone who attends these clinics genuinely wants to quit. Lots of folks can't afford to feed their habits fully and use methadone to get through the lean times. Others have pissed off (or on) dealers and can't get their supplies as easily as they want. Some use the clinics to find customers and associations. So splitting groups up is a good idea for the most part.

On the other hand, the NIMBY crowd and particularly their advocates, should be rounded up and put on an island somewhere to die.
put the ****in junkies on an island to die not the descent people thats out workin and paying for everything in fairness mate!!!!

carlovian

put the ****in junkies on an island to die not the descent people thats out workin and paying for everything in fairness mate!!!!
Fg policy ?

SuirView

No sign of poor "stanley", "hbap" etc on this FG thread!
Maria Bailey wanted the swing supervised,
A great job for poor small "s"!
He can thank me later.

Dedogs

No sign of poor "stanley", "hbap" etc on this FG thread!
Maria Bailey wanted the swing supervised,
A great job for poor small "s"!
He can thank me later.
is there anyone keepin an eye on the poor woman to make sure that the arse is healin and she wont be a cripple for life????

SuirView

is there anyone keepin an eye on the poor woman to make sure that the arse is healin and she wont be a cripple for life????
Another job for poor "stanley"?
I wonder will the findings of the FG internal inquiry ever get out?

SuirView

Anybody know if all the those involved are in agreement on the Timing /Date?
Are you on about the hotel and Bailey?
I think that's all is left now.
Bailey wasn't in agreement with herself regarding the date.

richie268

I appreciate your quick Response to my simple question.
I shall repeat in the hope of a more detailed response.
Anybody know if all the those involved are in agreement on the Timing /Date?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies