• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Marian Finucane: "Everyone thought I was mad"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbooker

No but you'll appreciate everyone else going mad when they see your brazen expecting attitude...

Why is this woman being paid a half-a-million-plus salary? She's on air for approx. 4 hours a week. Seriously is there anyone out there that can justify this on any conceivable level? If so, please step forward...

'Everyone thought I was mad' - The Irish Times - Sat, Jul 31, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:

Disillusioned democrat

No but you'll appreciate everyone else going mad when they see your brazen expecting attitude...

Why is this woman being paid a half-a-million-plus salary? She's on air for approx. 4 hours a week. Seriously is there anyone out there that can justify this on any conceivable level? If so, please step forward...

'Everyone thought I was mad' - The Irish Times - Sat, Jul 31, 2010
She's from a different planet - I heard her comments about Gerry Ryan and they were so completely self absorbed it was unbelievable. RTE's "talent" have lived in a protectorate for years - public sector conditions on top bankers salaries. There is NO competition in the Irish radio market place, so RTE can't justify the salaries. Yet another reason to think TV license fee a complete waste of money.

jtbooker

As Tommy Mor said elsewhere, see how they fare out on the open market. I particularly love the absolute clanger of a line in which she plumbs the intellectual depths with

“And anyway – why shouldn’t the girls get it if the boys are getting it?”

jtbooker

Own Arris

Don't frighten the horses.

Nearly 10 grand a week for four hours of wishy washy, uninformed, mediocre primetime radio? For RTE it's just the thing to placate Fianna Fail and keep the people snoozin' while they take a brusin'

Xiogenes

It is not only unjustifiable, it is incomprehensible.

Her interview technique is to huff and puff her way through while forgetting names, pausing inconsistently, clearing her throat repeatedly, and generally sounding like a gasping frog with tetanus uttering its last word while her depth of knowledge mirrors the the shallow pond in which she lives and shares with fellow Aaarrrr. T.E pond scum like tuberidy.

imo.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.politicalworld.org
Spoke to Marian Finucane briefly live on RTE1 radio back in 1997. Wasn't paid a cent for my very valuable contribution. :)
Also featured on Pat Kenny's radio show, spoke to Ray Darcy, Carrie Crowley, Anne Doyle and a few others in later years.
All about Elvis Presley.
RTE did not want to know about my Ludwig Van Beethoven rare portrait story although it appeared in the press.
My Kate bush letter story goes unpublished too!

Any journalists prowling?

constitutionus

if someone paid the gift grub lads a tenth of her wage to impersonate her on her show would any of us know the difference ?

Twin Towers

RTE can, they have that glorified protection racket called the "Licence". Any new party forming out there should have the ending of this piece of extortion as policy. I think that would see a few hundred thousand votes into the bag.

ManfredJudge

Marian Finucane? The replacement for
Pat Kenny when he took broadcasting leave to go to RTÉ from DIT?

CorkHurler

I think she is a very talented broadcaster, she has a knack of asking the questions that the listeners want to hear. That said, Rachel English who takes over the slot regularly is every bit as good.

loner

I think she is a very talented broadcaster, she has a knack of asking the questions that the listeners want to hear. That said, Rachel English who takes over the slot regularly is every bit as good.
Rachel is a hell of a lot better--she has real talent.

Old Mr Grouser

Ah yes, let's look forward to a future of moronic American sitcoms with ad breaks every 5 minutes. Bliss.

Only if you yourself are idiot enough to watch it, or listen to it.

I can buy an amazing number of second-hand books for that same amount of money as is presently being extorted from me for the TV licence.

dalywise

Privatise RTÉ and we won't have to put up with this nonsense.
No chance. FF will not give up control of its most valuable propanganda vehicle.

Migrant Dub

Nearly 10 grand a week for four hours of wishy washy, uninformed, mediocre primetime radio?
Sure wouldn't see also have a backroom crew who would do all the work and research and prep work for the interviews!

all she has to do is read the notes the workers have prepared for her!

it's a hard life!

Status
Not open for further replies.