Marine Le Pen's 144 presidential commitments

JacquesHughes

Marine has published 144 presidential commitments. How long before the aircraft carrier 'Richelieu' makes a fraternal visit to Dublin bay? She'll keep the 35 hour working week. There'll be equal pay for women- no way she's doing that job for a cut price- and you might be one of the lucky 10,000 immigrants accepted per year.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-04/france-s-marine-le-pen-unveils-presidential-platform-measures

It's not on the front page of France24 Latest news reports on FRANCE, French politics and culture - France 24 - France 24 . 'Safest ignored' seems to be the policy there.

Analyzer

EK had a 5 pint plan.

Did we get shortchanged ?

Analyzer

Not to keen on calling the aircraft carrier Richelieu. He was responsible for a reprehensible foreign policy against all the neighbours of France except Spain because he was afraid of them.

That idea is half as bad as calling it Bonaparte, and almost as bad as calling it Louis XIV.

In general the French name two many streets after military regiments, battles, generals, etc.

Could they not call it after Louis Pasteur or The Curies or even Descartes for a change ?

hurling_lad

read the entire list.
Failing to see the extremism.
Do you not think that pulling France out of the euro and the EU is a bit extreme?

Also, the effect of most of the economic policies would be to drive out foreign owned multinationals in the pursuit of self-sufficiency. That's would be an extreme change (for the worst) for a currently open economy.

The pension age change would mean that most people would spend more than quarter of their lives in retirement which would involve an extreme change in the dependency ratio.

Truth.ie

Do you not think that pulling France out of the euro and the EU is a bit extreme?

Also, the effect of most of the economic policies would be to drive out foreign owned multinationals in the pursuit of self-sufficiency. That's would be an extreme change (for the worst) for a currently open economy.

The pension age change would mean that most people would spend more than quarter of their lives in retirement which would involve an extreme change in the dependency ratio.
We just had a referendum where the majority of British people voted to leave the EU.
No, I don't think it's extreme.

Mick Mac

Labor Laws and Retirement
*National plan for equal pay for women
*Lower retirement age to 60 with 40 years of contributions for a full pension
*Scrap the latest labor regulation (Loi El Khomri)
*Maintain 35-hour workweek
*Increase public workers’ wages
That bit sounds good,

Mick

Truth.ie

Instant deportations for foreign criminals.
Ban on GM crops.
10'000 migrants a year seems reasonable.

picador

Plan to disarm “5,000 gang leaders” in French suburbs

Analyzer

Analyzer

Plan to disarm “5,000 gang leaders” in French suburbs
Has the Irish legal profession petitioned the IDA to get some of the gang leaders to set up "business" here yet ?

So as to stimulate the legal services sector ?

gleeful

In summary 'leave the euro and print loads of new paper to fund a long list of nonsense'.

Ya, thats the way to hyperinflation. I thought Nazis get power after an economic crisis. Le Pen seems bored of waiting and wants to make her own.

Lempo

Not to keen on calling the aircraft carrier Richelieu. He was responsible for a reprehensible foreign policy against all the neighbours of France except Spain because he was afraid of them.

That idea is half as bad as calling it Bonaparte, and almost as bad as calling it Louis XIV.

In general the French name two many streets after military regiments, battles, generals, etc.

Could they not call it after Louis Pasteur or The Curies or even Descartes for a change ?
Avoid Dumas at any cost, at least. Yanks and Brits would choke laughing everytime you communicated them on the seas.

Analyzer

Avoid Dumas at any cost, at least. Yanks and Brits would choke laughing everytime you communicated them on the seas.
I understand what you are saying. It is funnier in American English than in the British version. Though the s might be silent, and the Americans will pronounce is anyway, as they read it.

I reckon by the time it is built France will end up wanting to sell it to the Kremlin for money.

The plan is short on financing. It is as bad as amything from the French left, & they are attricious on the matter of financing.

Lempo

I understand what you are saying. It is funnier in American English than in the British version. Though the s might be silent, and the Americans will pronounce is anyway, as they read it.
There would also be any amount of "Confirm: did you say 'de Merde'?" And then they could ask the good folks on Dumas to spell it out for them.

Truth.ie

In summary 'leave the euro and print loads of new paper to fund a long list of nonsense'.

Ya, thats the way to hyperinflation. I thought Nazis get power after an economic crisis. Le Pen seems bored of waiting and wants to make her own.
Ooooooooh! Nazis!
I'm scared.

hurling_lad

Funny, I was also thinking 'Weimar' as I read through the list.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies