• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Martin calls on Health Minister, James Reilly, to resign

ShoutingIsLeadership

As reported by RTE

FF leader calls on Minister Reilly to resign - RTÉ News

'He said Minister Reilly "should step aside" as his "position had become untenable".'

Does it matter what Martin thinks?

Why call for Reilly to resign, when leaving him in there arguably damages him more?

Is Martin hopping onto the Shortall bandwagon, after her indirect call on the government to get rid of Reilly?

Last edited:

sic transit

Says the fairly useless Minister of Health in his time. This is just recycled news.

SPN

ruserious

Mehole Martin, such a breath of frsh air. I'm sure he would make an excellend Minister of Health :roll:

flavirostris

Martin is a joke. His position as FF leader is untenable because of his prominent role in the treason cabinet of the last government.

Mr. Bumble

Reilly should have gone long before now. If his self-serving behaviour is typical of FG then I can't wait for FF to get back in power.

carlovian

I'm torn here between the neck of Martin who never took responsibility when he was in charge of health and my dislike of Reilly who's stumbling from one mess to another.

Can't both of them resign ?

sic transit

Agreed, but this element isn't.
TBH not remotely exercised by it and I suspect the population at large will be just as indifferent. We know he did it and when really doesn't matter.

MacO'velli

As reported by RTE

FF leader calls on Minister Reilly to resign - RTÉ News

'He said Minister Reilly "should step aside" as his "position had become untenable".'
M Martain is right,the fact that Reilly is lumbering from one crisis to another while stuck in defaulters diary is fairly obvious.reilly is suffering from reverse Midas syndrome at this stage,where everything he touches turns to crap.
Martain is providing competent leadership,especially this week,where his call on the Galway case was right on the money.
It's nice to see the FG knuckle daggers on here resort to the usual whatabotery and mopery.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Boy M5

Does anyone really care what that idiot thinks?
He's not an idiot. However, as a cabinet minister he has fingerprints on our country's economic depression.

ShoutingIsLeadership

TBH not remotely exercised by it and I suspect the population at large will be just as
indifferent. We know he did it and when really doesn't matter.
I never said I was exercised by it; I just thought these sort of developments were what this site was about.

sic transit

carlovian

M Martain is right,the fact that Reilly is lumbering from one crisis to another while stuck in defaulters diary is fairly obvious.reilly is suffering from reverse Midas syndrome at this stage,where everything he touches turns to crap.
Martain is providing competent leadership,especially this week,where his call on the Galway case was right on the money.
It's nice to see the FG knuckle daggers on here resort to the usual whatabotery and mopery.
Martin is right about Reilly.

But Martin claimed the minister was never responsible when he was in charge.

Irish Politics, Current Affairs and Magazine Archive - Politico.ie | Skeletons in Micheal Martin's closet

Popular Threads

Most Replies