• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Martin Ferris Biography by JJ Barret

Kerrygold

I attended the launch of Martin Ferris' Biography "Martin Ferris-Man of Kerry" written by JJ Barrett last Monday night in Tralee. Gerry Adams was there to launch it. Tim Pat Coogan was also in attendance. I must say I was taken aback, as were others, with the huge crowd that turned out for it. There was about 6-700 people there and Martin, Gerry and JJ were signing books for about 2-3 hours. It was amazing. They must have sold close to 1000 books on the night.

I have read the book and it is an iteresting read for republicans and non-republicans alike. It gives a lot of detail of what life was like in Portlaoise Prison before Lonergan became Governor. It shows the brutal regime that ran that prison and the terrible things they did to prisoners. It also shows how Michael Noonan was culpible in the ill treatment of prisoners because he knew what was happening but chose to ignore it.

Mick O'Dwyer and Mickey Sheehy were interviewed in the book where they say that Ferris would have one many All-Irelands in the Kerry Golden Years, had he given it his 100% commitment. Very interesting read.

Has anyone on Politics.ie read it yet and what did they think?

Kerrygold

Sorry for putting this in the PDs forum. :oops: Can a MOD move it to Current Affairs.

DOD

Kerrygold said:
I have not read it yet, but I know what I'll be asking Santy for this christmas. :D

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Kerrygold...

tell martin get onto the publishers, and get them to throw a few free copies P.ie's way.

I'll buy my own though, good Christmas read

Harpey

Kerrygold said:
I attended the launch of Martin Ferris' Biography "Martin Ferris-Man of Kerry" written by JJ Barrett last Monday night in Tralee. Gerry Adams was there to launch it. Tim Pat Coogan was also in attendance. I must say I was taken aback, as were others, with the huge crowd that turned out for it. There was about 6-700 people there and Martin, Gerry and JJ were signing books for about 2-3 hours. It was amazing. They must have sold close to 1000 books on the night.

I have read the book and it is an iteresting read for republicans and non-republicans alike. It gives a lot of detail of what life was like in Portlaoise Prison before Lonergan became Governor. It shows the brutal regime that ran that prison and the terrible things they did to prisoners. It also shows how Michael Noonan was culpible in the ill treatment of prisoners because he knew what was happening but chose to ignore it.

Mick O'Dwyer and Mickey Sheehy were interviewed in the book where they say that Ferris would have one many All-Irelands in the Kerry Golden Years, had he given it his 100% commitment. Very interesting read.

To football first. My own father fought many times against Ferris on the pitch, he was a dirty, untalented and dishonest player, with an inability to score, run and catch.

Secondly, I am aware that the figure of 6-700 is more like 1-200 from every report that I have heard, there not being even that many party member is the entire South West, and most of those being journalists.(

Thirdly, as goes his terrible time in prison, he did engage in illegal and criminal and terrorist activity, and is one who certainly does deserve such punishment. Besides any of these claims of false martyrhood, you can not in anyway say that this isn't just a money spinner and a publicity attempt, and the obvious shout out to allow Ferris to look heroic, for a failed attempt at dishonest activity.

Ferris is not a revolutionary, nor a hero. He is not patriotic, but a psychotic nut. He is not a good politician. He instead surrounds himself with a mystic, and people better able to carry out constituency duties and political roles. He is out for himself. This is clearly demonstrated by what creative accounting can do for his and his fellow republicans property portfolios, in Ardfert especially. He screams dishonour.
A blagard, a criminal, and a terrible example of what we expect of politicians in every respect, he should have been never released, less still allowed to run for election in a country he still aims to subvert.

No true republican would respect this man-I don't and if you looked trully and honestly at him, neither would you.

duff

Have a good rant harpey?

Harpey

duff said:
Have a good rant harpey?

You are living in a fools paridise if you think that I am wrong....
3000 dead. Ferris has blood on his hands.

duff

Harpey said:
duff said:
Have a good rant harpey?

Actually harpey over 3,600 dead. Ferris was right to do what he did.
The people who have blood on there hands are the British Goverment, the crown forces and their paramilitary wings of the UDA,UVF and LVF.
Lest you forget Harpey the UVF were the ones who lit the spark to ignite the flame of the current war. It wasnt the nationalist or republican population.

Kerrygold

Harpey, you are an idiot and a liar. You've completely lost the run of yourself. You lost the argument in your first sentence when you said that Ferris had no talent as a footballer. Any man to be on the same team as Mickey Sheehy, Tim Kennelly et al must surely have had some talent. You also must think that both Mick O'Dwyer and Mickey Sheehy are liars when they both said the Ferris was a talented footballer. And your albino comment is a disgrace when you know that his brother and son are both albino's.

Harpey, in simple terms your a fcuking plonker, who nobody on this site takes seriously.

BTW, who did your father play for?

Pidge

duff said:
The people who have blood on there hands are the British Goverment, the crown forces and their paramilitary wings of the UDA,UVF and LVF.
Weird... so are the IRA the only paramilitary group in the North with no blood on their hands?

duff

Pidge said:
duff said:
Weird... so are the IRA the only paramilitary group in the North with no blood on their hands?
The IRA never has been a paramilitary group. The people who caused the war have the blood on their hands.

Harpey

duff said:
Harpey said:
duff said:
Have a good rant harpey?

Lest you forget Harpey the UVF were the ones who lit the spark to ignite the flame of the current war. It wasnt the nationalist or republican population.
That is a most childish excuse. I wouldn't boast about that figure either.... and yes, I think that you do seem a little too proud of it.

When you ramble on about crown forces and loyalists, I'll remind you, I haven't defended them. But now that you mention it, the scumbags of loyalism have never been given a major platform, the PUP being insignificant. We in Ireland have allowed our people to be beguiled by false heros, negitive legends, and ultimatly, self interested parties. SF really is what it says. "Us and nobody else."

Duff, try not to buy into the dribble and propaganda as much.

duff

Harpey said:
duff said:
Harpey said:
duff said:
Have a good rant harpey?

That is a most childish excuse. I wouldn't boast about that figure either.... and yes, I think that you do seem a little too proud of it.

When you ramble on about crown forces and loyalists, I'll remind you, I haven't defended them. But now that you mention it, the scumbags of loyalism have never been given a major platform, the PUP being insignificant. We in Ireland have allowed our people to be beguiled by false heros, negitive legends, and ultimatly, self interested parties. SF really is what it says. "Us and nobody else."

Duff, try not to buy into the dribble and propaganda as much.
I am not proud or happy over any death. It was a war in war people die.
There are plenty of scumbags in the DUP, namely its leader.

Kerrygold

Duff, Harpey has no credibility on this site so why bother engaging in a debate with him.

duff

Kerrygold said:
Duff, Harpey has no credibility on this site so why bother engaging in a debate with him.
True kerrygold, Ill take that into account.

Harpey

Kerrygold said:
Sorry for putting this in the PDs forum. :oops: Can a MOD move it to Current Affairs.
I rather believe that it belongs in the SF folder it that is fine with all of you
?

BarryW

Kerrygold said:
"Martin Ferris-Man of Kerry"
Fabulous! - another shelf-filler for the SF money-making machine.

I wonder, is it as fascinating read as that compulsive page-turner - "Alex Maskey: Man and Mayor", or any of Gerry Adams repetitive snore-fests (rehashing the same book over and over), written for personal enrichment?!

Deep Throat

is there any mention of the "fund-raising" activities that he took part in here in Munster?
any mention in the book of how working-men and women had to go home on friday without any wages, because of robberies?
any mention of Portlaw, co waterford?
any mention of sean o'callaghan?

vomit-inducing!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies