• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Martin McGuiness awarded for courageous service in the military by the City of San Fransisco

between the bridges

Lets pause for a moment to consider some of the highlights of a 'Courageous Military Service'...

[/URL]

A couple of thoughts on the ‘Human Bomb’ tactic which the IRA employed in 1990.

The first is that its use, in three places (Derry, Newry and Omagh), in three different counties (Derry, Down and Tyrone) on the same day (October 24th, 1990) is consistent with the tactic being ordered and co-ordinated at a leadership level in the IRA.

That means that the plan must have been approved and maybe even devised at Northern Command level. And since Martin McGuinness was OC of Northern Command at this time it is impossible not to conclude that at the very least he gave the plan his approval

[/URL]

[/URL]

between the bridges

Many of those relegated by the hierarchy of victmhood have reacted with disgust at the decision'...

Margaret Veitch, whose parents were murdered in the Enniskillen bombing, said she was disgusted.

"Martin McGuinness went to his grave an unrepentant terrorist, with secrets that hundreds of victims will never know about. He had a choice to join the IRA; he had a choice to go into politics - but my father and mother had no choice.

"After they were murdered I wasn't allowed even to see my parents. They were closed up in the coffin. There was nothing courageous about killing them. Are the IRA proud of that?

"Terrorists are terrorists the world over, except in Northern Ireland where they are put into government and given awards.

"There's not another country that would tolerate it. I don't know what's wrong with people that terrorists are now being honoured. Will San Francisco now be giving a posthumous honour to Osama bin Laden?"

Ann McCabe, whose Garda officer husband Jerry was gunned down by IRA killers, said: "Oh my God, how disgusting is that?

Claudy bomb blast survivor Mary Hamilton,
said: "There are a lot of people in their graves, and a lot of families suffering because of Martin McGuinness. Someone like Martin McGuinness should not be glorified. It's Martin McGuinness's victims that deserve a medal, not him."

Shauna Moreland, whose mother Caroline was abducted and shot dead by the IRA just weeks before the 1994 ceasefire, scorned the citation's praise of the IRA leader's "sacrifice and dedication to securing peace for his people". She called it a "disgrace".

Mr Kerrigan's wife Irene said she could not understand the mindset of those behind the US award.

"You had the twin towers atrocity in America, they realise what terrorists are," she said.

"I don't really know how any right-thinking person would give a man like that an award like that."
She added: "Victims are being let down and Martin McGuinness has died a hero practically and innocent victims have died and have been forgotten about by our own politicians and the government."

[/URL]

[/URL]

Ann Travers said she was "completely sickened" by the honour.

"There was nothing courageous about the IRA. As far as I am aware they were not a military organisation but a terrorist organisation.

"Martin McGuinness left behind as his legacy, people with a huge amount of hurt," she said.

[/URL]

michael-mcivor

Many of those relegated by the hierarchy of victmhood have reacted with disgust at the decision'...

Margaret Veitch, whose parents were murdered in the Enniskillen bombing, said she was disgusted.

"Martin McGuinness went to his grave an unrepentant terrorist, with secrets that hundreds of victims will never know about. He had a choice to join the IRA; he had a choice to go into politics - but my father and mother had no choice.

"After they were murdered I wasn't allowed even to see my parents. They were closed up in the coffin. There was nothing courageous about killing them. Are the IRA proud of that?

"Terrorists are terrorists the world over, except in Northern Ireland where they are put into government and given awards.

"There's not another country that would tolerate it. I don't know what's wrong with people that terrorists are now being honoured. Will San Francisco now be giving a posthumous honour to Osama bin Laden?"

Ann McCabe, whose Garda officer husband Jerry was gunned down by IRA killers, said: "Oh my God, how disgusting is that?

Claudy bomb blast survivor Mary Hamilton,
said: "There are a lot of people in their graves, and a lot of families suffering because of Martin McGuinness. Someone like Martin McGuinness should not be glorified. It's Martin McGuinness's victims that deserve a medal, not him."

Shauna Moreland, whose mother Caroline was abducted and shot dead by the IRA just weeks before the 1994 ceasefire, scorned the citation's praise of the IRA leader's "sacrifice and dedication to securing peace for his people". She called it a "disgrace".

Mr Kerrigan's wife Irene said she could not understand the mindset of those behind the US award.

"You had the twin towers atrocity in America, they realise what terrorists are," she said.

"I don't really know how any right-thinking person would give a man like that an award like that."
She added: "Victims are being let down and Martin McGuinness has died a hero practically and innocent victims have died and have been forgotten about by our own politicians and the government."

[/URL]

[/URL]

Ann Travers said she was "completely sickened" by the honour.

"There was nothing courageous about the IRA. As far as I am aware they were not a military organisation but a terrorist organisation.

"Martin McGuinness left behind as his legacy, people with a huge amount of hurt," she said.

[/URL]
Many people in Syria are disgusted at the RAF bombings and psychopaths support for killing civilians in 2019- You support such bombings in the year of our Lord 2019- you have learned nothing-

Mickeymac

Many people in Syria are disgusted at the RAF bombings and psychopaths support for killing civilians in 2019- You support such bombings in the year of our Lord 2019- you have learned nothing-

When I read the comments by our usual suspects re troubles related atrocities, how come Bridgey and co have never mentioned the Quinn children, Majella OHare and the Loughlin island slaughter of innocents?

michael-mcivor

When I read the comments by our usual suspects re troubles related atrocities, how come Bridgey and co have never mentioned the Quinn children, Majella OHare and the Loughlin island slaughter of innocents?
Bridgey and the other Loyalist Unionists on here don’t think the brit army civilian victims are really worth mentioning- it was the RAs fault that the brit army gunned down the Irish youth- their Poppy has them all coloured blind- well blind to the real world-

Mickeymac

Bridgey and the other Loyalist Unionists on here don’t think the brit army civilian victims are really worth mentioning- it was the RAs fault that the brit army gunned down the Irish youth- their Poppy has them all coloured blind- well blind to the real world-

If they were to have shown some respect for the victims of BA/UVF/UDA/RUC/UDR/UR atrocities we all could have participated in tangent and sensible discussion.....but...….they chose not to do so Michael unfortunately.

michael-mcivor

Which Military.?
The IRA that left London’s Canary Wharf and Manchester City center in sh1te ( not to mention the other thousands of freedom defence / attacks ) which led to talks which the Brits opposed which led to the Peace-Process which the Brits opposed which will lead to the border-poll which the Brits oppose- wake up kid-

between the bridges

Ach now mick sure yer not to keen to mention all the innocent victims of the IRA sectarian murder gangs...

between the bridges

Ach now indeed shur the aul sectarian gangs would've been on your side, even had cool names like glenanne gang and shankill butchers- any taig will do approach
Indeed where as the Ra were much more selective in the protestants they murdered, their 'legitimate targets' included such selective and rarefied people like, shoppers, workers, dog owners, farmers, and children... anywho personally I don't accept any of the terrorist organistations definition of 'legitimate targets', do you?...

2lazy

Indeed where as the Ra were much more selective in the protestants they murdered, their 'legitimate targets' included such selective and rarefied people like, shoppers, workers, dog owners, farmers, and children... anywho personally I don't accept any of the terrorist organistations definition of 'legitimate targets', do you?...
I think you are mixing up legitimate targets and collateral damage - its fairly widely accepted that republican groups caused the deaths of innocent civilians in certain operations while loyalist groups on the other hand were known to target persons based purely on their religion.
I agree its hard to make a distinction especially if one is the victim of such attacks but the difference's between both side's were noted

between the bridges

I think you are mixing up legitimate targets and collateral damage - its fairly widely accepted that republican groups caused the deaths of innocent civilians in certain operations while loyalist groups on the other hand were known to target persons based purely on their religion.
I agree its hard to make a distinction especially if one is the victim of such attacks but the difference's between both side's were noted
Nope, I've mixed nothing up, you on the other hand are making excuses for murder, hope ye manage to note that...

2lazy

Nope, I've mixed nothing up, you on the other hand are making excuses for murder, hope ye manage to note that...

AH right, so you are unable to challenge my point on the difference between loyalist and republican groups - so you bow out by claiming I was making excuses for murder - off with ya