• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Martin McGuinness appointed Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead

44percent

A bailiff! Of all the titles possible, probably the most offensive to someone who sees his role as the undoing of the plantation of Ulster. It would be funny but for the rivers of blood which have flowed.

blokesbloke

A proud day for him I'm sure. Is that whole nonsense purely designed so that they Brits can have a bit of a giggle at the Sinn Fein boys and girls?
Martin McGuinness appointed Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead

What is it with these antiquated laws from medieval times being kept on?
Yes, British parliamentary procedure is deliberately designed with embarrassing Sinn Fein in mind, it's our no. 1 priorty. :roll:

I hate to say it but sometimes the accusations I hear against some Sinn Fein supporters for paranoia on this site do ring true.

eoghanacht

From the article:

“The Chancellor of the Exchequer has this day appointed James Martin Pacelli McGuinness to be Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead.”

Before he ran for a seat in the Dáil in 2011 Sinn Féin president Gerry Adams resigned his Westminster seat and automatically became the Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Manor of Northstead.
Yet in the preceding paragraph they said they were phasing out double jobbing!

:lol:

eoghanacht

Yes, British parliamentary procedure is deliberately designed with embarrassing Sinn Fein in mind, it's our no. 1 priorty. :roll:

I hate to say it but sometimes the accusations I hear against some Sinn Fein supporters for paranoia on this site do ring true.
Well none shinner defends the party leader, you ain't fooling anyone BB

Niall996

What can he do about it?

Northtipp

A bailiff! Of all the titles possible, probably the most offensive to someone who sees his role as the undoing of the plantation of Ulster. It would be funny but for the rivers of blood which have flowed.
It's a title awared by the Brits. I'm awarding you "bellend" of the year. Doesn't mean you are or that it's your title just becaause I say so , or does it now :)

Ruff says Flaherty

I was saying that in jest. I started this thread so I could get a laugh from the from the pro and anti Sinn Feiners who will surely ambush shortly, and because I think the title he got is funny, a Baliff no less. People seem to be in one camp or the other where Sinn Fein are concerned, very little who are in the middle. I'd pretty much be there myself.

ItsEvolution

Just posted on facebook
Sinn Féin's response to all this talk of 'titles', please also find attached a copy of my resignation letter:

"Martin McGuinness resigned the same way as Gerry Adams in 2011.

"As Irish republicans we gave no time for antiquated and ridiculous titles of the British parliamentary system then and this remains the situation.

"What we need to see now is the writ being moved for a by-election to allow the people of Mid-Ulster to have their say."

eoghanacht

We all know your just a shinner bot posting here pretending to be an interested third party as I said you ain't fooling anyone ;)

Excuse the garbled english in the previous post my new years eve hangover isn't gone yet.

Northtipp

I was saying that in jest. I started this thread so I could get a laugh from the from the pro and anti Sinn Feiners who will surely ambush shortly, and because I think the title he got is funny, a Baliff no less.
Stick in the humour. Then piss taking is granted. Sticking in here just opens up anothe fu(k you and the horse you rode in on thread.

GDPR

Has there been any poll done in the electorate to try to gauge how well SF will fare in the by-election?

I guess SF thinks it is a pretty safe seat.

Ren84

Has there been any poll done in the electorate to try to gauge how well SF will fare in the by-election?

I guess SF thinks it is a pretty safe seat.
Polling isn't really the done thing in the north. No doubt because of the odd political system the six counties employs.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies