• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Martin McGuinness resigns as Mid-Ulster MP

Radix

Martin Mc Guinness Resigns Seat.

Just spotted this breaking news.

He says it is because of the Party's commitment to root out 'double jobbing'. One wonders about the pension issues and whether or not it will up the ante in Ireland where a culture of multiple pensions still reigns supreme.

McGuinness resigns MP seat - The Irish Times - Sun, Dec 30, 2012

Wonder if he is a Baron as well.

Bren Boru

Strange. The SF'rs always loved double jobbing.

Sure it was considered disloyal if you weren't a politician and a "soldier" at the same time.

Ulster-Lad

His Westminster seat. Nothing to see here.

bogtrotter

His resignation as an MP seems to be in line with SF policy....nothing new here...

ticketyboo

Strange. The SF'rs always loved double jobbing.

Sure it was considered disloyal if you weren't a politician and a "soldier" at the same time.
Thought you were better than that, bren...was I wrong?
Anyway, the OP is way behind the curve on this "story". I think they've selected Francie Molloy to fight the by-election, and I don't think they'll be delaying it for eighteen months, unlike the democrats this side of the border.

Aindriu

It's not as if he actually took it is it? Cameron is introducing legislation to prevent anyone elected from being paid if they do not take the oath anyway.

kbcav

Anyone know when the by election is.molloy sf mcglone stoops mccrea dup.Thats the line up so far.

Ulster-Lad

I would be more impressed to see Gilmore, Rabbitte, Reilly, or Kenny resign.

KEYHOLE KATE

In General Norman Schwarzkopf's obituary it was stated that the man known as Stormin' Norman during the 1st Gulf War was getting a pension of $75,000 p.a. That's how the US treats its heroes in retirement. Cheapskates! We're so much more generous to our political heroes for doing a great job.

SPN

Just spotted this breaking news.

He says it is because of the Party's commitment to root out 'double jobbing'. One wonders about the pension issues and whether or not it will up the ante in Ireland where a culture of multiple pensions still reigns supreme.

McGuinness resigns MP seat - The Irish Times - Sun, Dec 30, 2012

Wonder if he is a Baron as well.
By my reckoning he will also become Baron of the Manor of Northstead as the position of Crown Steward and Bailiff of the three Chiltern Hundreds of Stoke, Desborough and Burnham was given to Denis McShane MP on November 5th.

FrankSpeaks

Which title will he receive?

Radix

By my reckoning he will also become Baron of the Manor of Northstead as the position of Crown Steward and Bailiff of the three Chiltern Hundreds of Stoke, Desborough and Burnham was given to Denis McShane MP on November 5th.

Or perhaps the position of Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Hundreds of Chiltern Denyed A Parente?

Just a thought.

d7bohs

Or perhaps the position of Crown Steward and Bailiff of the Hundreds of Chiltern Denyed A Parente?

Just a thought.
Not a very good one though.

Roman Emperor

Are you sure about that? I thought the former Honourable Member for West Belfast was the incumbent Baron of the Manor of Northstead ?

Radix

Not a very good one though.

Not sure that Det. Sgt. Jerry McCabe's widow Ann would agree with you, and for this reason alone, I certainly don't.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies