• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Martina Anderson selected as MEP candidate

IrishWelshCelt

So with the Euro elections a year away it seems SF has selected sitting MEP Martina Anderson as their candidate for the North. Barbara De Brún stepped down last year so Anderson is yet to actually contest a Euro election but it should be a safe seat. No announcements were made about the seats in the south however. Theres been no offical announcement or article from SF but Martin Mc Guinness, Gerry Kelly and Martina herself all tweeted about it.

Martina Anderson's tweet:
https://twitter.com/MEPStandingUp4U/status/315461806908899328

bye bye mubarak

Great to see democracy in action. Adh mor Martina, hope your revolutionary spirit can come to the fore.

jackryan

Seat three should be interesting here SF & DUP safe with UUP SDLP & AP fighting for seat three.

One point of interest back at the time of the GF agreement there was a lack of elected female reps in the all the partys times have changed and there has been a big increase with no quotas!

neiphin

So with the Euro elections a year away it seems SF has selected sitting MEP Martina Anderson as their candidate for the North. Barbara De Brún stepped down last year so Anderson is yet to actually contest a Euro election but it should be a safe seat. No announcements were made about the seats in the south however. Theres been no offical announcement or article from SF but Martin Mc Guinness, Gerry Kelly and Martina herself all tweeted about it.

Martina Anderson's tweet:
https://twitter.com/MEPStandingUp4U/status/315461806908899328
Well that's great, that's out of the way,
Is there a story here ?

IrishWelshCelt

Seat three should be interesting here SF & DUP safe with UUP SDLP & AP fighting for seat three.

One point of interest back at the time of the GF agreement there was a lack of elected female reps in the all the partys times have changed and there has been a big increase with no quotas!
Looking at last elections figures a drop is due for the UUP so it could be the SDLP's for the taking.

IrishWelshCelt

Well that's great, that's out of the way,
Is there a story here ?
Well SF selecting a candidate is a story and since this is the SF forum I dont see the issue.

neiphin

Well SF selecting a candidate is a story and since this is the SF forum I dont see the issue.
She is the sitting mep ?
There was a selection process ?
She has experience in the position , I don't see a story/ conspiracy here ?

IrishWelshCelt

She is the sitting mep ?
There was a selection process ?
She has experience in the position , I don't see a story/ conspiracy here ?
Jesus its not the Irish times frontpage its just the SF forum!

SideysGhost

The UUP are imploding and they've lost their moderate wing. SDLP probably the favourites, unless one of the ex-UUP moderates like Basil McCrea stands, he could hoover up transfers from all over, so if he got a good FP tally he could be in there with a (slim) shout.

Mickeymac

The UUP are imploding and they've lost their moderate wing. SDLP probably the favourites, unless one of the ex-UUP moderates like Basil McCrea stands, he could hoover up transfers from all over, so if he got a good FP tally he could be in there with a (slim) shout.

Fair assessment I reckon , but if the stoops stood down, I could see 2 SF seats and one onionist.

Spirit of 67

I would expect Jim Allister to run as well which would really split the unionist vote and don`t rule out Willie Frazer who`s really itching for a scrap :lol: .

Mickeymac

I would expect Jim Allister to run as well which would really split the unionist vote and don`t rule out Willie Frazer who`s really itching for a scrap :lol: .

Indeed Spirit, that's why I made my earlier statement.................but..............stoops need to pull out to achieve my objective.

Ex celt

Barbara Brown forced out by sf/ira politburo.
Very embarassing for Ireland and UK that the verminous fringes of our political system are strutting about in Strasbourg.
At least the volk of Meath roundly rejected the sf/ira filth who could not capitalise on the political situation.

McTell

Twitter
No
My cousin in Orrmorr describes her as a "wee chucky chickie". Could some expert on border patois tell me if this is supposed to be insulting, amusing or both?