• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Mary Coughlan's US Trip - Was It Worthwhile?

consultant

She went and has returned.

Does anyone know, did she make any real contacts? Has her visit achieved anything - real or potential?

Was Quinn's assessment of the importance of her being there accurate?

All facts and/or speculation welcome.

eatmyposts

What Irish Government Minister (not this trip) had to be carried off a transatlantic flight after tearing into the minibar?

flavirostris

It sure was. Jay Leno has 6 months worth of new material

anfieldabff

She avoided having to answer questions on FAS

Of course it was worthwhile for Mary.
She managed to dodge questions in the national parliment for her stewardship of FAS, during a time when there was widespread waste of public money not to to mention downright fraud.
Nice work if you can get it, (455,000 cannot) but that does not bother Mary

TommyO'Brien

She missed the key meeting.

Luigi Vampa

Apparently they thought she was Sponge Bob Square Pants

I wonder what did they think about her Maryism's ?

"I ask for the indulgence of the House, given that we need clarity on this issue. Of the savings of €100 million, €86 million is for GPs and €30 million is for pharmacists."

"We would like to revert back to the international reputation we had and continue to have."

The IDA would be marketing Ireland as the innovation island -- "like Einstein explaining his theory of evolution."

TommyO'Brien

consultant

Apparently they thought she was Sponge Bob Square Pants

I wonder what did they think about her Maryism's ?

"I ask for the indulgence of the House, given that we need clarity on this issue. Of the savings of €100 million, €86 million is for GPs and €30 million is for pharmacists."

"We would like to revert back to the international reputation we had and continue to have."

The IDA would be marketing Ireland as the innovation island -- "like Einstein explaining his theory of evolution."

Similar structure but SBQP probably has it on intellect!

Seriously, though, were there any media items?

TommyO'Brien

I simply cannot understand that -

Has this been picked up by the Media who tore into Fine Gael and helped create the Labour swing
No. They aren't interested. Its doesn't suit their narrative that praises Labour and attacks FG. :rolleyes: