Mary Hanafin/James O'Reilly on Prime Time

Deep Throat

well if she's a heavy-hitter, I'm from the moon.
James O'Reilly has just torn her assunder. She looked and sounded rattled.
An inexperienced FG TD is running rings around both Harney and Hanafin.

caminoed

Deep Throat said:
well if she's a heavy-hitter, I'm from the moon.
James O'Reilly has just torn her assunder. She looked and sounded rattled.
An inexperienced FG TD is running rings around both Harney and Hanafin.
were we watching the same programme? i'm neutral on this one, and i am certainly no fan of hanafin, but i thought he came across as a bully. he seems to be a very ignorant man. if i was him i'd watch out, he is the kind of politician that others can't wait to see fall!

baldur0300

O'Reilly is a loud idiot and not much else.

CookieMonster

I'm not his biggest fan but he walked all over Mary.
It was a bit rich for her to pull the "what would you know you're only in the job a wet week" defense.

White Horse

baldur0300 said:
More Cowan than Cowan.

It's refreshing to hear someone speak passionately and knowledgably about health.

Hanafin is all fluff, a lightweight.

baldur0300

White Horse said:
baldur0300 said:
More Cowan than Cowan.

It's refreshing to hear someone speak passionately and knowledgably about health.

Hanafin is all fluff, a lightweight.
WHAT?! Just because he's a doctor doesn't mean there is any content to what he says. I rarely hear more than rather ignorant soundbites from the man. Cowan beats him 10 times over on substance.

CookieMonster

Deep Throat said:
typical ff. ye dont like it when tis put up ye!
I suspect nobody likes having it "put up ye".

jmcc

CookieMonster said:
It was a bit rich for her to pull the "what would you know you're only in the job a wet week" defense.
Perhaps the FF mind control field only works on FF people. Hanafin was totally outclassed by Reilly. She came across as coldhearted whereas Reilly seemed impassioned. FF is really screwing up in controlling the news cycle. Hanafin was a female Enda Kenny.

Regards...jmcc

baldur0300

CookieMonster said:
Deep Throat said:
typical ff. ye dont like it when tis put up ye!
I suspect nobody likes having it "put up ye".
Hey if deep throat is into that sort of thing its perfectly ok. We are a liberal society after all :lol:

baldur0300

jmcc said:
CookieMonster said:
Perhaps the FF mind control field only works on FF people. Hanafin was totally outclassed by Reilly. She came across as coldhearted whereas Reilly seemed impassioned. FF is really screwing up in controlling the news cycle. Hanafin was a female Enda Kenny.

Regards...jmcc
And Labour people as well apparently if you move your browser up a bit. Or the reality is that it is that not everyone likes his "style"

The Trinity Politick

baldur0300 said:
jmcc said:
CookieMonster said:

Regards...jmcc
And Labour people as well apparently if you move your browser up a bit. Or the reality is that it is that not everyone likes his "style"
B1itch b1tch b1tch. Its really becoming old now.

baldur0300

The Trinity Politick said:
baldur0300 said:
jmcc said:
CookieMonster said:

Regards...jmcc
:? What have I been b i t ching about lately?

The Trinity Politick

baldur0300 said:
baldur0300 said:
jmcc said:
CookieMonster said:

Regards...jmcc
This total nonsense. Reillys better than Hanifan, Hanifans better than Reilly. Its political b1tchery. I'm not saying you were to be fair, but i mean really...does any really expect a party member on here to say anything independent of that party?

qtman

Reilly is on a roll at the moment because the entire debate is being conducted in soundbytes.

It doesn't matter who FF up against him. He knows that people aren't interested in the detail and he can waffle on about confidence, political accountabilty etc for as long as anybody is willing to listen.

Once the vote is over and done with, and we get back to the Cancer Strategy and FG's position re. hospitals like Castlebar and Sligo, and indeed FG's alternative to the Health Strategy, Reilly will be shown up for what he really is.

hiding behind a poster

baldur0300 said:
WHAT?! Just because he's a doctor doesn't mean there is any content to what he says.
Perhaps so, except that there IS content to what he says.

Cowan beats him 10 times over on substance.
Reilly has had more of substance to say on Health in three months than Cowan had to say in three YEARS in that department.

And Reilly absolutely filleted Hanafin tonight.

baldur0300

baldur0300 said:
[quote="The Trinity Politick":3bkr9g4o]
baldur0300 said:
jmcc said:
CookieMonster said:

Regards...jmcc
This total nonsense. Reillys better than Hanifan, Hanifans better than Reilly. Its political b1tchery. I'm not saying you were to be fair, but i mean really...does any really expect a party member on here to say anything independent of that party?[/quote:3bkr9g4o]

Oh I agree but tell that to Deep Throat. He started this thread and has started many more like them.

The Trinity Politick

qtman said:
Reilly is on a roll at the moment because the entire debate is being conducted in soundbytes.

It doesn't matter who FF up against him. He knows that people aren't interested in the detail and he can waffle on about confidence, political accountabilty etc for as long as anybody is willing to listen.

Once the vote is over and done with, and we get back to the Cancer Strategy and FG's position re. hospitals like Castlebar and Sligo, and indeed FG's alternative to the Health Strategy, Reilly will be shown up for what he really is.
If you bothered to really cohere his argument, most noticeably in the Dail today, you will actually notice (a rational person would at least) that his arguments were based on actual correspondence and indeed used a huge amount of his speech quoting individuals and the Minister.

You clearly failed to listen. Agreeing with the strategy in principle does not mean that you have to give one single Minister the unhindered ability to basically botch the whole thing up in order to be 'for' the cancer strategy as it is. It reminds me a bit of the debate in the US. If you're against war you are automatically against America and the troops as opposed to being against the flawed and incompetent execution of the war. Its the same general theory.

Of course you know all that.

baldur0300

hiding behind a poster said:
baldur0300 said:
WHAT?! Just because he's a doctor doesn't mean there is any content to what he says.
Perhaps so, except that there IS content to what he says.

Cowan beats him 10 times over on substance.
Reilly has had more of substance to say on Health in three months than Cowan had to say in three YEARS in that department.

And Reilly absolutely filleted Hanafin tonight.

It's always easier to point out problems then find solutions.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies