Mary Lou Mc Donald - totally unsuitable for office?

fluffykontbiscuits

Is she suitable to run for office if the position comes up?

This woman has a nice track record doesnt she? I am wondering what sort of person is takes to become vice president of Shinners and the following do nothing to endear poor Mary Lou to me in any way.

First off her support for Sean Russell who lets be honest given half a chance would have gone to bed with the Nazis and quite possible have spooned Hitler given half a chance. She spoke in commemeration of someone whom consorted with Nazism and intended to lead the Nazi's into Ireland. Did she do her background work?

Her refusal to back the EU to provide funds for the family of Robert Mc Cartney to take a civil action of sorts to nail his killers and get financial recompense of sorts

Her lack of knowledge of perhaps SF's populist policies (tell the public what they want to hear). Vincent Browne tore pieces off her during an exchange when he asked her about taxing the rich, she said numerous studies showed it was a good idea and when asked she had not got one iota of what she was talking about. Is she always this arkward?

Couple the above and her falling popularity and how she got it wrong on Lisbon is she the right person for Shinners?

Last edited:

dublin 40

And she said vote no on the lisbon treaty.charming coming from a fianna failure!

corelli

This woman has a nice track record doesnt she? I am wondering what sort of person is takes to become vice president of Shinners and the following do nothing to endear poor Mary Lou to me in any way.

First off her support for Martin Russell who lets be honest given half a chance would have gone to bed with the Nazis and quite possible have spooned Hitler given half a chance. She spoke in commemeration of someone whom consorted with Nazism and intended to lead the Nazi's into Ireland. Did she do her background work?

Her refusal to back the EU to provide funds for the family of Robert Mc Cartney to take a civil action of sorts to nail his killers and get financial recompense of sorts

In her campaign HQ there is a number of IRA pieces of memrobilian on sale which she has not commented on (cant find a source) yet she is aware of the issue?

She is keeping comapany with some people whom others may describe as being less than desirable, I mean she rubbed shoulders with Brian Keenan a convicted bomber and someone who has spoken in support of the IRA?

Her lack of knowledge of perhaps SF's populist policies (tell the public what they want to hear). Vincent Browne tore pieces off her during an exchange when he asked her about taxing the rich, she said numerous studies showed it was a good idea and when asked she had not got one iota of what she was talking about. Is she always this arkward?

Couple the above and her falling popularity and how she got it wrong on Lisbon is she the right person for Shinners?
She also tried getting onto the FF ticket in North Dublin and was a spectacular failure. She is not even good enough for FF. Now THAT says it all really.

chriskavo

She consistently rejected the Lisbon treaty. Have you done any backgound work?:rolleyes:

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
What office? She holds no office. Are you speaking of her own personal office? What has she done, pissed on the carpet?

fluffykontbiscuits

She also tried getting onto the FF ticket in North Dublin and was a spectacular failure. She is not even good enough for FF. Now THAT says it all really.
They washed their hands of her, I mean she couldnt even get in with the worst of the worst, if that is FF what are Shinners...below FF in my book!

dustin

Wasn't she lucky look whats happening to the person that got in a head of her..Fail's loss will be the shinners gain..

Seanie Lemass

I wonder has this anything to do with a constituency poll showing McDonald winning a seat in DC? Or is it just a random left field attack?

stripey cat

First off her support for Martin Russell who lets be honest given half a chance would have gone to bed with the Nazis and quite possible have spooned Hitler given half a chance.
Is this a thread for the retarded?

fluffykontbiscuits

I wonder has this anything to do with a constituency poll showing McDonald winning a seat in DC? Or is it just a random left field attack?
Just an interesting discussion concerning the above. Do you think based on the above that she is a worthy candidate?

Arracht

mr. jings

Vincent Browne tore pieces off her during an exchange when he asked her about taxing the rich, she said numerous studies showed it was a good idea and when asked she had not got one iota of what she was talking about. Is she always this awkward??
That was one of VB's funniest/cringiest moment in a long time. On a wider point I think it's fascinating that SF consistently have a much higher opinion of her than most electorates she's sought a mandate from, yet still she's wheeled out time and time again. SF really haven't a leg to stand on criticising Enda's tenure at the head of FG.

Oh, and a small nitpick - the Nazi bedfellow's name was Sean Russell. Otherwise + 1 to your post.

PS: One of my fave MLMD wobblers was on Q+A, when the Shannon rendition flights were being discussed. She barged in in finest single issue party style to say it was interesting to note that much of what the Americans were being accused of doing to prisoners, they'd learned from what the Brits got up to in the occupation on the North. Bowman reminded her that if she was going to dredge that up, that the IRA hadn't exactly got clean hands on the torture front. Cue an indignant MLMD 'We're not talking about the IRA here, we're talking about the British' to which Bowman retorted that were weren't actually talking about the British, we were talking about the Americans. ZING!

Last edited:

readytogo

The Sunday Independent, January 9, 2005

RUSSELL, KNAVE OR NAIVE?

Sir - Sean Russell was a man whom de Valera once considered worth making the effort to save from himself. Russell had given sterling service in the 20th century's first war for democracy - the Irish War of Independence fought to give effect to the democratic mandate of the 1918 Elections. But having failed to persuade Russell to accept the democratic mandate of his later Republican election victories of the Thirties, de Valera was left with no option but to act ruthlessly and with resolve against Russell and his IRA followers.

By all means condemn Russell, as I have always done, for his actions in defiance of de Valera, specifically his 1939 bombing campaign in England, followed by his request for German aid to mount an IRA invasion of the North. If Russell's plan had materialised it would have had the knock-on effect of either a German or British invasion and occupation of Southern Ireland, bringing to nought de Valera's skillful safeguarding of this State from both war and fascism.

Condemnation of Russell is one thing; character assassination is quite a different matter. Russell was not the Holocaust-championing caricature painted by the so-called "anti-fascist" gang responsible for the paramilitary destruction of his monument on December 30. Nor is your report by Jim Cusack (January 2) accurate in stating that it had previously "been vandalised by communists in the Fifties" because it originally was supposed to have had Russell's arm "raised in a Nazi-style salute". On the contrary, it had originally been a clenched-fist, which was denounced as "communist" by the anti-semitic and clerical-fascist organisation Maria Duce, who then proceeded to amputate the offending Russell arm.

The facts regarding Russell and Nazi Germany are as follows: The UK Public Records Office has released files which show that after intensive post-War interrogation of German intelligence agents at the highest level, British intelligence itself concluded in 1946 that "Russell throughout his stay in Germany had shown considerable reticence towards the Germans and plainly did not regard himself as a German agent".

In his 1958 novelVictors and VanquishedFrancis Stuart observed of the Russell-based character's outspokenness in Berlin: "Pro-German when it comes to the English, and pro-Jew when it's a question of the Germans". One might be forgiven for dismissing this as another of Stuart's literary inventions were it not for the fact that this assessment was corroborated by a far more significant witness - the Austrian Erwin Lahousen, the first and most important witness for the prosecution at the Nuremberg War Crimes Trials in 1945. Lahousen had been head of the second bureau of the German Intelligence Service from 1939 to 1943. A devoutly-religious Catholic, Lahousen loathed Nazism and had been the key figure in an aborted pre-War plot to assassinate Hitler.

By common consent, it was Lahousen's evidence at Nuremberg that ensured that Hitler's foreign minister Ribbentrop would be sentenced to death.

It was the self-same Lahousen who proceeded to offer the following character reference on behalf of Russell: "The Irishman was a hyper-sensitive Celt who, however willing he might be to use the Germans for his own political ends, regarded the Nazi philosophy as anathema". Lahousen said that "Russell was the only one of the IRA with whom I dealt who was a real Irish Republican of the old school": After what Lahousen described as "one of Russell's fiery denunciations of the Nazi attempts to indoctrinate him", the IRA leader further proclaimed:

"I am not a Nazi. I'm not even pro-German. I am an Irishman fighting for the independence of Ireland. The British have been our enemies for hundreds of years. They are the enemies of Germany today. If it suits Germany to give us help to achieve independence I am willing to accept it, but no more, and there must be no strings to the help".

This, of course, was extremely naive. As regards his dealings with Nazi Germany, Russell is to be condemned more as a fool than a knave. But notwithstanding that condemnation, Sean Russell is still entitled to the integrity of his reputation, in death no less than in life.

Manus O'Riordan, Glasnevin, D11​

Skin

Is she suitable to run for office if the position comes up?

First off her support for Martin Russell who lets be honest given half a chance would have gone to bed with the Nazis and quite possible have spooned Hitler given half a chance. She spoke in commemeration of someone whom consorted with Nazism and intended to lead the Nazi's into Ireland. Did she do her background work?

In her campaign HQ there is a number of IRA pieces of memrobilian on sale which she has not commented on (cant find a source) yet she is aware of the issue?

She is keeping comapany with some people whom others may describe as being less than desirable, I mean she rubbed shoulders with Brian Keenan a convicted bomber and someone who has spoken in support of the IRA?

1. Pope Pius XII cosorted with Hitler - All Catholics be damned.
2. The murder of Robert McCartney was a criminal act. Yes, the killer(s) are being protected, but not by political choice.
3. How much are the IRA memrobillia going for, I want to add to my collection?
4. Tell us who you keep company with, and then we can judge if you any merit at all.

Another BS thread, from a BS poster!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies