Mary Lou McDonald & SF outreach ... Will there be acceptance and/or reciprocation ?

AhNowStop

Sinn Fein's McDonald uses term ‘Londonderry’ and backs unionist election candidate

She is obviously continuing in the same vein as MMG re outreach and trying to reach accommodation with unionism ... Will anyone in political unionism either accept or maybe even reciprocate ?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-feins-mcdonald-uses-term-londonderry-and-backs-unionist-election-candidate-36842072.html
Sinn Féin backs unionist farmer Ian Marshall for Senate - BBC News

I realise the usual list of crackpots will poo poo this as is their want, but what do the decent unionists think of all this ?

GDPR

Baby steps and all that. Perhaps of more interest is SF backs FG nomination, with an eye to the hurlers on the ditch aka FF.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Craigmore..

Reciprocate for something normal? You cut away the Cityside of Londonderry and you have a large Unionist majority in the County Londonderry Something often overlooked and missed by nats. You don't get credit for being decent in my book, it should be expected. The norm. The author if the OP is a remidial BTW. I would ne addresing MLM rather than him. He's in the ignore list.

between the bridges

Sinn Fein's McDonald uses term ‘Londonderry’ and backs unionist election candidate

She is obviously continuing in the same vein as MMG re outreach and trying to reach accommodation with unionism ... Will anyone in political unionism either accept or maybe even reciprocate ?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sinn-feins-mcdonald-uses-term-londonderry-and-backs-unionist-election-candidate-36842072.html
Sinn Féin backs unionist farmer Ian Marshall for Senate - BBC News

I realise the usual list of crackpots will poo poo this as is their want, but what do the decent unionists think of all this ?
Well seeing as ye asked, moi considered opinion is whoopee do!

1. Uses the proper name of somewhere, Wow!

2. FG nominated him, Sf/Ra have just not opposed him, Wow! but anyway who in the unionist community does this selected appointee represent?...

but sure here yez go...

Many many thanks from all the decent unionist community for these huge concessions...

AhNowStop

Reciprocate for something normal? You cut away the Cityside of Londonderry and you have a large Unionist majority in the County Londonderry Something often overlooked and missed by nats. You don't get credit for being decent in my book, it should be expected. The norm. The author if the OP is a remidial BTW. I would ne addresing MLM rather than him. He's in the ignore list.
lol ....typical crackpot thinking :roll: .. you simply can't cut stuff away youse dont like anymore baby craig .. get used to it !!

its just a pity wee loony crackpots like this will NEVER accept attempts at outreach or reciprocate ... its mostly a pity for them though !!

btw baby craig, glad to see you're still happily reading "all" my posts and replying to me :lol: LMFAO ... arent you the wee chappie who keeps saying you have me on ignore too,,, how do ye do it eh wee tiny toes :shock: lmfao

between the bridges

Has the memo been sent to dodge...

On Thursday, Sinn Féin councillor Eric McGinley brought the motion to the council.

"In the previous Derry City Council there was a clear policy to change the official name of the city back to Derry.

Mr McGinley added that the proposal was not about airbrushing London from the history of the city.

"We have a clear view that the city needs a clear brand, one single name, one single identity would help promote the city around the world."

Council efforts to change Londonderry name to Derry condemned - BBC News

AhNowStop

Well seeing as ye asked, moi considered opinion is whoopee do!

2. FG nominated him, Sf/Ra have just not opposed him, Wow! but anyway who in the unionist community does this selected appointee represent?...

but sure here yez go...

Many many thanks from all the decent unionist community for these huge concessions...

Oh well thats a pity, no "decent" unionists yet then :roll:

in response to your 2 points (because unlike you, I can actually respond to points)

1/ :lol: lol .... Why did unionism only start referring to it with the "London" prefix in the late 1960s ?

2/ :roll: ffs ....I didnt say SF nominated him ,,, I said they "backed" his selection ? ..... can you not read or are you so desperate & bitter that you simply have to make things up ?

now, would some "decent" unionists, not from the loony tunes Crackpot variety, please give some input ? ..

Levellers

It is old but it is beautiful, and its colours they are fine.
It was worn at Derry, Aughrim, Enniskillen and the Boyne.
My father wore it as a youth in bygone days of yore.
And on the Twelfth I love to wear the sash my father wore

The Sash

Se0samh

The Sash

;)

between the bridges

Oh well thats a pity, no "decent" unionists yet then :roll:

in response to your 2 points (because unlike you, I can actually respond to points)

1/ :lol: lol .... Why did unionism only start referring to it with the "London" prefix in the late 1960s ?
Any link for this ballix?...
2/ :roll: ffs ....I didnt say SF nominated him ,,, I said they "backed" his selection ? ..... can you not read or are you so desperate & bitter that you simply have to make things up ?
Er did moi say ye said they had nominated him? nope, Duh so who Duh tis Duh making things up, DUH ye complete ballix...lmfao...

now, would some "decent" unionists, not from the loony tunes Crackpot variety, please give some input ? ..
translation : btb returned the serve and i don't like it boo hoo...

Craigmore..

The Sash
It won't be long til the tunes and drums are echoing around Belfast again :D

michael-mcivor

Individuals will call it Derry or ( London ) Derry or Ireland or ( Northern ) Ireland- that's everyone's business - but Sinn Feins Policy is to get the place called Derry and to get the bigger picture of a United 32- free speech is free speech but will a Unionist politician outreach with an olive branch and say Derry / ( London ) Derry-

Paddyc

County Derry/Londonderry had a Catholic Majority of 55% in the 2001 census.
Yeah, but if you listen to Craigy and cut out the Catholics living in Derry City, you'll see that County Londonderry is as Protestant as can be.

Roll_On

Yeah, but if you listen to Craigy and cut out the Catholics living in Derry City, you'll see that County Londonderry is as Protestant as can be.
An old PUL trick, if cut out this area, that area, the other area, spin around three times and falldown you're in an orangist fully protestant state.

New Threads

Most Replies