Mary Mc Aleese personally intervened for Fr Sean Fagan with Bergoglio!

GDPR

When it comes to Father Sean Fagan, who has gone to his judgement now and may God have Mercy on his soul, I really dont know where to begin. The very mention of the creep makes my blood boil. To put it simply his writings in essence mostly consisted of attacks on the very basics of Christianity and flaunting his disdain at ordinary working Irish Catholics who had the misfortune to come to him in the Confessional trying to save their immortal souls after the fashion of the most degenerate and mindless worlding (and this from a man who's main task in life was supposed to offer the Bloodless Sacrifice of the Mass). There was absolutely nothing showing any depth of thought in his writings or even the slightest sign of any contemplation on the Mysteries of the Faith. That the CDF had him quiet down with his nonsense given that the Church was paying his wages has nothing horrific about it. Anti-Pope Francis restoring the corrupter of souls to good standing at the request of the former ROI president was one of his crimes that caused deep pain to Irish Catholics everywhere.

We Are Church Ireland » Fr Seán Fagan a

"It later emerged that in December 2013, Ms McAleese had written directly to Pope Francis asking that he personally intervene in the case.
This weekend Ms McAleese told The Irish Times she was “saddened by the death of that great questioning mind that was Fr Seán Fagan’s”
“A brilliant theologian and thinker who brought great distinction to Ireland, his long and illustrious priestly career was blighted in latter years by being silenced by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. His heart and spirit were broken but his fidelity to the Church and quiet acceptance of such an unjust fate won him even more admirers,” she said. “When, thanks to Pope Francis, the CDF finally restored him to good standing in 2014 it was a case of too little too late. A great and good man’s life and his life’s work had been ruined. Anyone wishing to comprehend the collapse of the Catholic intellectual tradition need only examine Seán Fagan’s tragic story."

Who exactly does she think she is?

Clanrickard

Zoo. Monkey house if possible.

derryman

Zoo. Monkey house if possible.
You are the one who runs around from thread to thread uttering inomprehensible insults like a wind up chimpanzee. Would you ever wise up to yourself. I want to see where this goes.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Little enough to be worried about. Zoo. Two bored housewives arguing over the philosophical equivalent of an old apron.

PeaceGoalie

When it comes to Father Sean Fagan,

"It later emerged that in December 2013, Ms McAleese ?
It is a pity Pope Francis could not silence Mary McAleese, who has been cosy with the Church for decades. ow that she has enriched herself by holding State Office and her husband has done well out of it too, she should take a vow of silence.

All of those priests have passed their use by date. Many, like D'arcy, no doubt inspired the atheists who wrote Fr Ted.

Irish-Rationalist

Roman Catholicism, like all religion, is superstitious rubbish traditionally used by pretentious, power-hungry, megalomaniacs and control freaks to exert power and influence over others. The Roman Catholic church is a corrupt den of iniquity, decadence and debauchery and the largest paedophile network in the world. F*** Roman Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church. Secularism not Catholicism shall united Ireland.

PeaceGoalie

Little enough to be worried about. Zoo. Two bored housewives arguing over the philosophical equivalent of an old apron.
The fate of washed-up priests and an ex President who cannot zip her lip should be of some interest to some. No?

PeaceGoalie

Roman Catholicism, like all religion, is superstitious rubbish traditionally used by pretentious, power-hungry, megalomaniacs and control freaks to exert power and influence over others. The Roman Catholic church is a corrupt den of iniquity, decadence and debauchery and the largest paedophile network in the world. F*** Roman Catholicism and the Roman Catholic Church. Secularism not Catholicism shall united Ireland.
Have you a relevant point to make? No?

Irish-Rationalist

You are the one who runs around from thread to thread uttering inomprehensible insults like a wind up chimpanzee. Would you ever wise up to yourself. I want to see where this goes.
Zoo and mental institution respectively. Where it and its self confessed sectarian religious supremacist author belongs.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
The fate of washed-up priests and an ex President who cannot zip her lip should be of some interest to some. No?
I dealt with the whole matter satisfactorily enough in my 1998 treatise 'Windsurfing With Nuns' (Ecclesiastical Betting Agency Press). It was very well received in Canterbury.

Eoin Coir

Obviously the op poster has not read what late Fr Fagan said. He said the church was responsible for many people who led good lives thinking they were in state of sin, and that you could often sit for hours in the confessional and not hear one grevious matter.
The RC church was obsessed with "bad thoughts" ,masturbation etc. It resulted in many people leading stunted and thwarted live thinking they were damned for all eternity.

Also no loving God existed,only a vengeful one out to punish you. Thank God those boxes are now empty and used to store the hoover and cleaning materials !

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
I only have the vaguest memory of those dark boxes in churches from when I was very young back before the Enlightenment.

There's no way I'd be able to take it seriously even if I was in the habit of sitting in boxes staring at an outline in the gloom of some chap in robes interpreting what Magic Man thought of me.

I'd be confessing to shooting Kennedy and all sorts. Actually I read a short story some years ago which had the Kennedy shooter telling a priest he'd been the fellow at the window with the rifle.

Has the Queen of the Catholic Amazons really been banned then? And I'm not referring to Mary McAleese.

PeaceGoalie

Obviously the op poster has not read what late Fr Fagan said. He said the church was responsible for many people who led good lives thinking they were in state of sin, and that you could often sit for hours in the confessional and not hear one grevious matter.
The RC church was obsessed with "bad thoughts" ,masturbation etc. It resulted in many people leading stunted and thwarted live thinking they were damned for all eternity.

Also no loving God existed,only a vengeful one out to punish you. Thank God those boxes are now empty and used to store the hoover and cleaning materials !
The Irish Catholic Church was a child of its times, built by exploiting Christian Brothers, nuns and the like. Like the Provos, it never had an intellectual wing. The confessional was a cheap form of counselling and much of it was a waste of everyone's time.
If one chose to live within its parameters, then one could have an ok life, just as one could with any other religion or belief system. The hypocrisy of the Catholic Church would be no greater than that of its enemies.
I don't know about the vengeful God. The emphasis was in pushing young brats to pass the Leaving Cert and form a community hub around 10 am Mass for stay at home mothers. God had little to do with it all.

Issues the op poster raised are worth exploring, The pity is a very large number of posters can only spit venom like Fr Jack in Fr Ted. They are more tiresome than Fr Jack.

Eoin Coir

God was a fearful vengeful man with a long face and beard. Waiting to get you for bad thoughts or masturbation, for which you went to hell for all eternity,unless cleansed before the end.

Eoin Coir

I only have the vaguest memory of those dark boxes in churches from when I was very young back before the Enlightenment.

There's no way I'd be able to take it seriously even if I was in the habit of sitting in boxes staring at an outline in the gloom of some chap in robes interpreting what Magic Man thought of me.

I'd be confessing to shooting Kennedy and all sorts. Actually I read a short story some years ago which had the Kennedy shooter telling a priest he'd been the fellow at the window with the rifle.

Has the Queen of the Catholic Amazons really been banned then? And I'm not referring to Mary McAleese.
some journo in Italy once went into the biox and " confessed" to several Maffia crimes, inc murder. The response he got was interesting.
Of course the RC said such act was a grave matter, an abuse of the Holy Spirit,as this journo did

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
some journo in Italy once went into the biox and " confessed" to several Maffia crimes, inc murder. The response he got was interesting.
Of course the RC said such act was a grave matter, an abuse of the Holy Spirit,as this journo did
Five Hawaii-Five-O's (hail marys) and 50% of the contract payment?

New Threads

Most Replies