Mary Mitchell O'Connor on RTE Radio One

hiding behind a poster

M M O'C on radio one now with Brendan O'Connor.

Whilst she appears nervous she is not brilliant on the politics stuff. She is happy telling her personal story.

I would question her ministerial ability due to me hearing too much on cliche and nothing innovative in her message.

I really don't think she is up to her brief.
If you define a Minister's ability by how she sounds on the radio, then basically you deserve the politicians you get.

ergo2

Humphreys was on a few hours later. Kenny has surrounded himself with over promoted women who are very loyal because they owe their position to his patronage. Meanwhile his main challengers and the media are both afraid to criticize them because they're women. And so Endas position is more secure.
I don't agree that Humphreys is over promoted.

She supervised the 1916 Celebrations competently.

Any comments I have heard from her on her Ministerial responsibilities and plans seem sensible.

She may yet surprise some of the "big beasts" in that cabinet.

Boy M5

Whilst she appears nervous she is not brilliant on the politics stuff. She is happy telling her personal story.

I would question her ministerial ability due to me hearing too much on cliche and nothing innovative in her message.

She made so many unenforced errors.
I question her intellect and competence.

Boy M5

Kennys fault for moving the competent brutpn to education and putting mary mitchell the school teacher in enterprise.

But the real question is how can anyone listen to Brendan ballsy O"connor.
I don't like Ballsy I question much about him & do not trust him. However, compared to Finucane he's an intellectual and broadcasting colossus

Boy M5

If you define a Minister's ability by how she sounds on the radio, then basically you deserve the politicians you get.
No it's the intellectual heft and competence and she communicates those facets.

Socratus O' Pericles

I don't know how yis listen to it, the world is full of good books, documentaries and podcasts stream-able onto your device for free. And ye waste your time listening to these two gobsheens?.............. 'tis beyond me.

west'sawake

Heard the interview, comes across as a decent enough woman, and certainly is no more competent or incompetent than any other Minister. I wish her well.

My issue with any Irish Government of late is that they are accepting the wrong narrative and doing their failed E.U. masters bidding. There was nothing then in her interview to show me she thought any differently to the present consensus, be it on Brexit, the Brexit threat to so much of Irish industry including the SME sector, the failed EURO, and sclerotic and corporatist E.U. that is just not fit for purpose.

Personally I abhor the personalized invective against her, ironically, from the same quarters who hate, rightfully so, Trump's apparent misogyny.

Boy M5

I don't know how yis listen to it, the world is full of good books, documentaries and podcasts stream-able onto your device for free. And ye waste your time listening to these two gobsheens?.............. 'tis beyond me.
Driving, also after Cyp's threads and her driving escapades I wanted to hear her myself.

I would advise listening to the Scottish psychologist from TCD who was on later.
He dissected Trump.

hiding behind a poster

Calling the EU the Euro Area.

Doing the full Palin on the IDA trying to gush about them without apparently knowing anything about them.
That's fairly vague, hard to describe either as an error. How do you know she was referring to the Euro Area in error?

Orbit v2

Have to say I quite like the woman. She is different (without being Trump). I don't see a problem with that interview either. O'Connor asked all the hard questions. If he sounded sympathetic while asking them, that's a good reflection on him. Perhaps, she is not ideal for that portfolio, because what's needed is perhaps someone who "talks the talk" rather than anyone who can do something specific. Education sounds more up her street.

ger12

Boy M5

That's fairly vague, hard to describe either as an error. How do you know she was referring to the Euro Area in error?
No. listen to pod cast.
She was talking about EU and the IDA channeling of Palin was embarrassing- the IDA is brilliant, full ofbworld class people.
Who report to MMOC.

ger12

Boy M5

You said many. You gave two examples and one was minor.
I said many unenforced errors. And she made them.
I never said they were major. However, they gave a poor impression of her.
As they were unenforced and Ballsy went easy on her.

Listen back to the podcast.

danger here

Ah in fairness, we've come a long way now since this

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies