• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Mary Robinson Has a New Job.

Radix

"FORMER president Mary Robinson has been appointed to a special role within the United Nations to oversee the troubled Great Lakes region of Africa.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon confirmed Ms Robinson would be tasked as the UN Special Envoy for the region, where her role would include helping to promote peace in the troubled Democratic Republic of Congo."

It is indeed good to see the UN continuing to roll out its Peace Mission around the world, and I cannot help but think of the many missionaries who voluntarily put their lives on the line to promote the furtherance of justice and peace in the world.

I wish Mary Robinson every success in this role, but I do wonder what sort of remuneration if any she will receive for it.

Mary Robinson appointed to new UN role in Africa - Independent.ie

New UN position for Mary Robinson - RTÉ News

Eoin Coir

saw shots of her on telly night wearing a mantilla in Africa. She refused to wear head dress when she met the Pope in the Vatican.

Morgellons

Remuneration? I'd say she's doing it out of a deep sense of alrtuism and a will to better mankind. I hardly think she'd be looking to be paid for such special work. Anyway, what would she want with the money, hasn't she enough already?

saw shots of her on telly night wearing a mantilla in Africa. She refused to wear head dress when she met the Pope in the Vatican.
She wasn't obliged to, as was made very clear by the Vatican.

dizillusioned

Remuneration? I'd say she's doing it out of a deep sense of alrtuism and a will to better mankind. I hardly think she'd be looking to be paid for such special work. Anyway, what would she want with the money, hasn't she enough already?
Oh look a flying pig..;)

Northsideman

Just what Africa needs, a white European sent in to settle the pesky natives.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
She should stay in Europe and look for soldiers - they are (unfortunately) a necessary condition to solving the problems in Africa

cYp

nonpartyboy

How many pensions is that ?

Carl Claudius

I thought Bono got the world leaders together to solve poverty on the troubled continent?

Now we have another Irish person who will supposedly bring peace to the region.

Radix

Well one presumes that regardless of any presumed wealth, she should at the very least be reimbursed for her out of pocket expenses incurred by travel, overnight hotels etc.

Mercurial

there is a certain etiquette and respect that should be adhered to. The queen wore black visiting the pope. Robinson should have mature enough to play ball.
As opposed to being so mature that you expect women to wear particular kinds of clothing when meeting them?

Eoin Coir

The English Queen is also a religious figure - head of the Church of England. She is a peer of the pope, or so it appears.
She is not head of the Church of England, they say Christ is. HM is the Supreme Governor, a different thing entirely.