Mary Robinson - Ireland's Greatest

ellie08

David McWilliams gave a very convincing argument that Mary Robinson is indeed Ireland's Greatest. What a wonderful woman and pity we haven't more like her in Ireland. Intelligent, brave, moral, warm, admired by some of the most respected people in the world. She's getting my vote!

TommyO'Brien

I agree.

Tomas Mor

I agree. I came to it rather sceptical,seeing that she jacked it in 2 months before her time was up in order to go to UN, but now I will also give her my vote. I hope she wins.

Last edited:

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
It was a good job of whitewashing a poor and unsunstantial candidate. Of the five, the only one who has actually achievd anything of substance is Bono but he's such an obnoxious git that he'll probably be last.

jmcc

The X-Factor for the Politically minded?

Regards...jmcc

LeDroit

I really didn't think I'd have anything in common with her but she bravely took on the conservative forces in Ireland which can be a very lonely fight. I admire her hugely now, far more than I knew. Pity she was with the trade union party though. :p

Forth and Conkers

David McWilliams did a good job of promoting Mary Robinson, no doubt about it.
Fair play to him.
It was a good programme, I don't think he left anything out.

LgCastell

just on a side point when he was talking about the invigorating the office of president got me thinking on who would be cable of matching her .... Norris has to be the next president when i saw mary speak with such compassion energy enthusiasm and pride i thought thats what i want to see again in the next office holder and Norris will do this

Cincinnatus

Website
www.supernatural.ie
Definitely a case of saving the best for last. I am a great admirer of hers but wasn't convinced she should be on the list until i watched the show tonight. I needed reminding. Revisiting what Ireland was (still is) and what she was up against and how she fought it with such remarkable dignity and presence of mind and so consistently honest and ahead of her time. True courage and fearlessness. The only candidate that actually moved me. She has total integrity. She really is one of our greatest and is definitely getting my vote.
P.S It was great to see the old political footage a timely reminder of the cesspool that is FF and their cesspool lineage. We must not forget!! Check out Lenihan's brazen lying. Padraig Flynn's disgraceful vindictiveness. Oh boy.

Cael

Williams is an excellent media performer. I only wish he had done Connolly's show instead of that feejit Joe Duffy. He certainly showed off Mary Robinson to her maximum. She certainly did good work, but her liberalism is her downfall, and leaves her tinkering round with the edges of the system rather than actually changing it.

turdsl

I broke the mould the day of the vote, I departed Fine Gael and voted for Mary,
She brought honour to the office. very proud to have voted for her since.

New Threads

Most Replies