• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Mary Robinson

Buchaill Dana

Cailleach

Still a bit of life in the story.
Wonder if any of you have accessed anything arising from the UAE lit fest which is on at moment; I'm not on facebook/twitter etc and didn't find anything on a google search besides PR bumph.

Probably the usual luvvie air-kissing racket - and don't mention the journalist or the princess ...

Wagmore

Cailleach

Tragic case. The manner in which the Irish media, Irish feminists, and the political class has basically given Robbo a pass for this is an appalling scandal. The bint should be hounded on a daily basis till she gets some answers from her "family friends."
Fully agree with you. Watch out for hypocritical self-aggrandising sh1te from the bint on Friday next - International Women's Day (but only for those women who are useful in furtherance of a Bourke/Robinson agenda).

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com

lostexpectation

Website
dublinstreams.blogspot.com
Thank you for that; could only access the beginning of article but your quote from it raises only more questions - one can but wonder was the 'Elder' summoned and did she come trotting along to do the bidding of those who fund her her vanity projects ... ???
Correspondence seen by The Times shows that the UN’s working group on enforced or involuntary disappearances wrote to Dubai’s ruling family on December 6 with information it had received about Sheikha Latifa.
UN warned it would raise alarm over princess’s fate
It was important to know that she had outside counsel, said Princess Haya, and that is why she called Ms Robinson. She called her on a Tuesday[the 11th?], and the former Irish president and UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, visited that Saturday.
Dubai royal defends Mary Robinson visit over princess
The government said Sheikha Latifa met with the former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on December 15 at the family’s request.
Mary Robinson visit to Dubai a private family matter says Princess Haya

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 51920

leftsoc

This isn't intelligent debate. She spearheaded campaigns which helped women in this country avail of contraception and helped homosexuals gain some sort of equality. They're just two examples. She didn't do that work for personal gain. A barrister with her skill and ability could have made a fortune working tribunals or commercial cases. She chose not to do that because she was and remains true to her ideals.

If we had more Mary Robinsons in this country we'd be a lot better off for it. Seriously, what the hell is it with people logging on to this site and thinking that this sort of juvenile slagging passes for "politics"? Most of the posts on this thread are an embarrassment.
How do you get a medal for being young and for contraception in the 1970's? I knew no-one at all who was anti-contraception of that generation.

McTell

Twitter
No

A Voice

Without lots of capital, how are states going to fund the huge projects involved?

Sorry but profits make capital. Or you print money and we know how that pans out.

Or, you have an elite of former labour party millionaires telling us what to do, and the rest of us on push-bikes living in tigins.
Robinson's enormous pensions are underpinned by capitalism. Paid for by taxes on transactions between voluntary traders. Robbo should shut up and enjoy her luxury or else people will keep highlighting her hypocrisy.

Lagertha

2 of the mans daughters and 1 of his wives disappears off the face of the earth and none of the worlds political elite draw attention to it, let alone mention it when they sit down with the man. Mary Robinson is a disgrace and an embarrassment to this country. I've no doubt the Saudi King will ensure that she makes a killing from her book sales, even if nobody else buys a copy, I've no doubt it'll sell out.

soubresauts

2 of the mans daughters and 1 of his wives disappears off the face of the earth and none of the worlds political elite draw attention to it, let alone mention it when they sit down with the man. Mary Robinson is a disgrace and an embarrassment to this country. I've no doubt the Saudi King will ensure that she makes a killing from her book sales, even if nobody else buys a copy, I've no doubt it'll sell out.
The Saudi King? I haven't heard that Robinson has links with Saudi Arabia. I'm guessing you meant Sheikh Mohammed, the ruler of Dubai and prime minister of the UAE.

Isn't it time to picket Kildangan Stud, displaying "Free Latifa" banners? And go to the races wearing Free Latifa badges whenever one of SM's star horses is running...