• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies (Second Thread)

wombat

Perhaps you might give me the dates and causes of the many epidemics that have occurred in Tuam over the last 100 years?
I'm not sure there are records for deaths in Tuam but there were records of spikes in death rates in other homes which correspond with measle outbreaks. Up until the 1950's "consumption" was widespread in Ireland, I think that covered both TB and cancer, although most likely TB. We know that death rates in the homes were higher than in the general population at the time.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

We sometimes forget that a similar thing happened with the burials at many, if not all, of the M & B homes here and in other countries. You can't even start to imagine that it was only the Tuam CC that thought up this method of Christian burial and forced the nuns to forgo proper burial in coffins for the children. One can't imagine all the CC's inventing the new burial experience. Not all M & B homes had empty septic tanks ready to use for the dead children. Nuns talked. CC's might have talked? We need to start with the nuns who were on the spot when and where the crime occurred..
Yes, Lumpy, that picture of the top of the septic tank is the picture of a crime scene.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

Pr
I'm not sure there are records for deaths in Tuam but there were records of spikes in death rates in other homes which correspond with measle outbreaks. Up until the 1950's "consumption" was widespread in Ireland, I think that covered both TB and cancer, although most likely TB. We know that death rates in the homes were higher than in the general population at the time.
Prove all that with links please.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

I had the measles 3 times in the 40's. Regular measles twice and 3-day measles once. The doctor came out, diagnosed it and said to give me fluids and keep the room dark so as not to affect my eyes. It wasn't a big deal. Do we think the Tuam children got even that much attention when they were ill?

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

I have a life outside P.ie, if you're so interested, read some of the reports from medics published over the last few years.
No, I think you might be making up things. Let's see your proof and I'll change my mind.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

No proof of anything. No Links to anything. So far, proof doesn't exist.

stray creditor

The county council took over the site and at some stage attempted a redevelopment which seems to have mucked the bones about.

All we seem to hear about from RTE and their msm friends are nuns, nuns, nuns, all church responsibility with little or no responsibility from:

1. the government
2. the county council
3. the local community
And nothing about trying to get access to Dr. Bodkin Costello's diaries.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
You're jumping the gun straight away by saying they were 'dumped in a sceptic tank', surely that has yet to be established.

You very much sound like you have an agenda before the facts in line with rte and the msm.
Surely you aren't one of those people trying to frantically recast some sewerage infrastructure as some kind of 'special tomb'?

Have you not seen the photographs of the structure, placed on the thread? If the nuns were carefully affording the bodies the burial their religious cult says should be carried out then why can't the nuns just say where the burial ground is?

And come up with a reasonable explanation for hundreds of infant bodies left in a piece of sewerage infrastructure?

RasherHash

Surely you aren't one of those people trying to frantically recast some sewerage infrastructure as some kind of 'special tomb'?

Have you not seen the photographs of the structure, placed on the thread? If the nuns were carefully affording the bodies the burial their religious cult says should be carried out then why can't the nuns just say where the burial ground is?

And come up with a reasonable explanation for hundreds of infant bodies left in a piece of sewerage infrastructure?
The human remains found by the Commission are not in a sewage tank but in a second structure with 20 chambers which was built within the decommissioned large sewage tank.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Oh well that's alright then. As long as it was only an extension to a sewerage system that makes it all alright? There is a glaring criminal offence here in operating an unregistered burial ground and where there is no registration of death and burial.

That's good enough for the Gardai to be involved instead of being sent memos by a committee.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
What kind of head actually rationalises with itself in this way? As long as no one admits it was a sewerage system everything thing else is A-okay?

There is a blatantly clear case for prosecution of a number of religious orders under the law as it stands and as it has stood for many decades.

Why the f*ck are the Gardai and DPP not moving on this?

RasherHash

Oh well that's alright then. As long as it was only an extension to a sewerage system that makes it all alright? There is a glaring criminal offence here in operating an unregistered burial ground and where there is no registration of death and burial.

That's good enough for the Gardai to be involved instead of being sent memos by a committee.

The human remains found by the Commission are not in a sewage tank but in a second structure with 20 chambers which was built within the decommissioned large sewage tank.

RasherHash

What kind of head actually rationalises with itself in this way? As long as no one admits it was a sewerage system everything thing else is A-okay?

There is a blatantly clear case for prosecution of a number of religious orders under the law as it stands and as it has stood for many decades.

Why the f*ck are the Gardai and DPP not moving on this?
You seem to want evidence and rationality to be thrown out of the window and legal action to be taken solely against the nuns, but...

12. All the residents of the Tuam Home were the responsibility of the Galway and Mayo County Councils. It seems to the Commission that responsibility for the burials of deceased children rested with the local authorities and Galway County Council had a particular responsibility as the owner of the institution.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

You seem to want evidence and rationality to be thrown out of the window and legal action to be taken solely against the nuns, but...

12. All the residents of the Tuam Home were the responsibility of the Galway and Mayo County Councils. It seems to the Commission that responsibility for the burials of deceased children rested with the local authorities and Galway County Council had a particular responsibility as the owner of the institution.
Under your theory, you go into a hotel and a man rushes up and stabs you. You then proceed to sue the hotel owner and the man who stabbed you walks away free.

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

W
Would you chose to be buried in that septic tank, decommissioned or not? I assume decommissioned means pump it out. It doesn't mean make sure every inch is immaculately clean and sanitary... and where should we place the statues of the little cherubs?

StarryPlough01

For those people who will find it difficult to upload the unwieldy 529 pp of Fifth Interim Report with appendices using your mobiles, iPads, etc.

My screenshot -

Page 328 of 529

kMVEdGc.png

Mrs. Crotta Cliach

Loo
For those people who will find it difficult to upload the unwieldy 529 pp of Fifth Interim Report with appendices using your mobiles, iPads, etc.

My screenshot -

Page 328 of 529

View attachment 17726

k very hard at that photo. Would you want your child buried down one of those holes?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies