Massive explosion in Budapest - multiple casualties.

O

Oscurito

This is very much a breaking news story. There has been a huge explosion in the centre of Budapest. Some reports have said it was in or near the Oktogonon night club. The police have cordoned off the scene but there are reports of multiple casualties.

Large explosion in central Budapest, police cordoning off scene – reports

At least two people are believed to have been injured, but casualties are expected to rise.
Terror alert in Budapest as huge explosion rocks centre of city near popular nightclub

Edit at 19:00 on 25/09/2016

Initial reports suggested a gas explosion. Now, Hungarian police say it was a bomb.

Hungary’s police chief has revealed as officers investigating a massive explosion, which seriously injured two officers in the capital, found a home-made nail bomb.
Hungary 'terror attack' - Massive explosion rocks Budapest, injuring two police officers | World | News | Daily Express

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 48908

People on scene saying a gas explosion. We can put the safety Koran away for now.

silverharp

I saw one or two comments saying it was a gas explosion, hopefully thats all

drummed

Oh dear. An explosion that wasn't an alleysnackbar?

silverharp

Oh dear. An explosion that wasn't an alleysnackbar?
they have been looking after their borders, wouldnt be expecting any mooooslims blowing themselves up

drummed

they have been looking after their borders, wouldnt be expecting any mooooslims blowing themselves up

Its Budapest. Alleysnackbars would be the least of the risks around there.

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
I wouldn't think there are many asylum seekers in that part of Pest. It is very near the old Jewish quarter afaik, and properties there are on the expensive side compared with other areas in the city. It looks though that it was just a gas explosion as you do get from time to time in old cities. Hopefully, the policemen will make a full recovery.

I don't think it was that massive an explosion. There were no reports of fires being started.

Last edited:

effer

I wouldn't think there are many asylum seekers in that part of Pest. It is very near the old Jewish quarter afaik, and properties there are on the expensive side compared with other areas in the city. It looks though that it was just a gas explosion as you do get from time to time in old cities. Hopefully, the policemen will make a full recovery.
A gas explosion is caused it doesn't just happen. You say near the Jewish quarter. I'm joining the dots and there's a big alleysnackbar dot.

Filibuster

A gas explosion is caused it doesn't just happen. You say near the Jewish quarter. I'm joining the dots and there's a big alleysnackbar dot.
Unfortunately, they can and do just happen. All it takes is bad plumbing and accumulation and a spark.

RasherHash

Whoops - so really #nothingtodowithislam this time.
The religion of peace isn't at it #again

We can lul into our #falsesenseofsecurity again

New Threads

Most Replies