Massive Fire Engulfs 27 storey

Mitsui2

Roisin3

And even moreso for those who haven't.

Christ, but that looks like one of the ultimate nightmares just from the pictures.

I hope the next few posts don't start speculating about Muslims, but this being p.ie...
This is so terrible, absolute nightmare. The fire started on one side of the building, going all the way from the second floor to the top floor.

Dame_Enda

Its a 1970s building under renovation. Apparently the 1000 residents were allowed to remain there during the renovation. Reports of people jumping from the building, torchlights near top floor.

Roisin3

Its a 1970s building under renovation. Apparently the 1000 residents were allowed to remain there during the renovation. Reports of people jumping from the building, torchlights near top floor.
Report says 120 homes, but that seems a slightly low number of flats for a 27 storey. Perhaps that's due to the renovations.

I'm just praying the people got out, but it looks like to went all the way from the second floor to the top floor incredibly fast.

Dame_Enda

If as may or may not turn out to be the case this was a gas explosion, then I think we need to move away from gas heating and towards electrical central heating which is how I heat my home. The dangers are too great, particularly if a child with no understanding of this leaves a gas cooker on too long.

Strawberry

OMG. I hope they managed to get everyone out, but I have a horrible feeling that hope will be in vain.

theloner

Shocking videos and picture from London.

Dame_Enda

Can people please avoid posting graphic images of burns because unfortunately the opposite sometimes happens around here.

Dame_Enda

30 people in 5 different hospitals. Many reportedly unaccounted for.

HenryHorace

Holy f u c k. Hearing scores of people missing and unaccounted for :shock2: This is not good.

Dame_Enda

CNN reporting a community group warned Kensington and Chelsea council the building was a fire hazard last year.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Broadcasters warning of the distressing nature of eye witness accounts...no pictures or videos, but words. That's how horrific this is

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies