• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Mattie McGrath: "I dont know what sort of faith he has, but its not good faith"

johnfás

Matter McGrath to Alan Shatter on 6.1 "I don't know what sort of faith he has, but it isn't good faith". No idea what the opening half of his statement means, but it seems to overstep the mark. The latter part refers to whether the Government acted in good faith in printing the referendum guide.

BlackLion

Matter McGrath to Alan Shatter on 6.1 "I don't know what sort of faith he has, but it isn't good faith". No idea what the opening half of his statement means, but it seems to overstep the mark.
Uncalled for but now what Mattie had to say will be lost in the shouts of anti-semite.

Mr. Bumble

Matter McGrath to Alan Shatter on 6.1 "I don't know what sort of faith he has, but it isn't good faith". No idea what the opening half of his statement means, but it seems to overstep the mark.
You've taken what he said out of context. Nothing to do with religion if that's what you're implying.

edifice.

He also said the CC wasn't impartial!

Red_93

He hasn't a notion. Worst possible spokesman those independents could have put on. Clearly out of his depth and probably hadn't read or didn't understand the proposed amendment and seemed not to comprehend the issues surrounding it.

wombat

You've taken what he said out of context. Nothing to do with religion if that's what you're implying.
Mattie used to be FF's answer to Michael Ring, now he's free to rattle on at will, good crack and pretty harmless:lol:

neiphin

calling for an election

ruserious

Johnfás hears a statement:
''Jaysus, barack! Have you let your fruit out all day? It's all black''.

Johnfás creates a thread:
''Jaysus, barack!...It's all black''.

Johnfás gets thread sent to zoo.

slippy wicket

In fairness to mattie , he's more gob************************e than anti-Semite.
He's not really worth taking to much time on

constitutionus

There seems to be no level of desperation that's too low for the government's supporters.
i was waiting for some fukwit to go off on an antisemite fantasy fit on the back of what mcgrath just said.

desperate stuff indeed, but ya can ALWAYS count on gobshytes to out themselves.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie

No he said that the Cathaoirleach of the senate had allowed a debate today but because they didn't have an impartial CC in the Dail, a debate was refused. Given the fact that the Supreme Court had found the government was breaking the law, I think that's a pretty clear case of QED.

edifice.

No he said that the Cathaoirleach of the senate had allowed a debate today but because they didn't have an impartial CC in the Dail, a debate was refused. Given the fact that the Supreme Court had found the government was breaking the law, I think that's a pretty clear case of QED.
Originally Posted by edifice.

wombat

He's not worth 92K plus expenses either.
He's the resident expert on sh1te in Leinster House - quite an achievement.

former wesleyan

i was waiting for some fukwit to go off on an antisemite fantasy fit on the back of what mcgrath just said.

desperate stuff indeed, but ya can ALWAYS count on gobshytes to out themselves.
That's true.

Hitch 22

McGrath played a blinder and made Shatter look like a fool. Comedy gold!
I think a lot of people are going to vote No after today's judgement.
I am generally in favour of the motion but I know people who hadn't made up their mind or even looked at booklet and they are telling me they err on the side of caution and will vote no.
I made up my mind when I looked at the wording rather than just the booklet and I will be voting Yes but I think there will be a sting for the government due to the ambiguity surrounding the referendum.

The OD

Just because Mattie McGrath is a halfwit who can't seem to speak and open his eyes at the same time doesn't mean he is wrong to call for a postponement of the vote.

As for anyone thinking that he was referring to Shatters religious belief is ridiculous. The context was that the government claim to have acted in 'good faith'.

They didn't, they tried to pull a fast one but were caught out.

The state's puppet broadcaster think a deliberate attempt to subvert the democratic process is an 'embarrassment'.

Bizarre, really bizarre.