• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Maurice McCabe to retire this evening

Disillusioned democrat

put simply, the state must not be allowed to enter into any secret settlements where malfeasance, malafides and incompetence are involved. once the huge figures are revealed it makes it an awful lot more difficult for the politicians to wash their hands of it.
I'm just reading the FB comments on the article about this -all well wishing comments, which is fine as if somehow a victory for McCabe is a moral victory for the citizens - except all it really is is a payoff (well deserved, but a pay off to bury the past).

Callinan is still collecting his pension, Frances Fitzgerald is running for public office, Noreen Fitzgerald is earning a fortune on some makey-uppy "world police" role and all those who both erased penalty points or had penalty points erased are all sitting behind a veil of silence.

The sleaze McCabe uncovered is still going on - albeit potentially a bit more covertly - the citizens have been treated almost as badly as McCabe here - we're paying the payoff but getting the same corrupt state agencies despite all the alarm bells.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Yep. There are Assistant Commissioners around the country as well progressing in stately Buck Mulligan fashion toward the pinshin despite having overseen large-scale fraud in the reporting for their designated Road Traffic area.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Nor would I begrudge Maurice McCabe a penny of it. I'm not sure whether any amount of money can erase the years of hell he and his family went through.

I remain very impressed by the man and would, when I think back over the way he has conducted himself throughout, suggest that in the parting of An Garda Siochana and Maurice McCabe the former has lost one of its better officers. And clearly someone with qualities that can and should have been promoted, not to mention the impressive intelligence levels he displayed when under severe pressure and 'under the guns' of his superior officers and far too many colleagues.
Oh for a hundred McCabes.

Frank Miller

why would an honest uncompromised Garda have private meetings with SF after what they did to Jerry McCabe ?
Ah but they are different now and are willing to cooperate in investigating previous criminal activity by their pals in the Provost

Herr Rommel

The entire organisation is rotten to the core and I was told that by a Garda.

Frank Miller

The entire organisation is rotten to the core and I was told that by a Garda.
So he must be rotten too so can we rely on his opinion.
After all look what happened to Superintendent Hastings in AC 12.

Herr Rommel

So he must be rotten too so can we rely on his opinion.
After all look what happened to Superintendent Hastings in AC 12.
I've known him forty years and he is to honest for his own good. He is escaping them now with retirement coming up.

Disillusioned democrat

why would an honest uncompromised Garda have private meetings with SF after what they did to Jerry McCabe ?
Maybe because he was being shafted by FG and their "opposition" in FF and needed to get some support in the Dail to raise and expose the sleaze? In the end it was probably Howlin did the most for him, but was probably a necessary evil

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies