Maurice Quinlivan selected by SF as candidate for Limerick City in next GE

Website
www.politics.ie
Twitter
davidcochrane
Sinn Fein has sent out a press release confirming that Cllr Maurice Quinlivan has been selected by the party to contest the next General Election for the party in the new constituency of Limerick City. Quinlivan was unanimously selected at a selection convention on Thursday. (no idea why SF took so long to issue a statement about it)

Quinlivan will be best-known nationally (including here on P.ie) for the libel case he took (and settled) with former minister Willie O'Dea who resigned as Minister for Defence over the matter.

Last edited:

The Salmon of Knowledge

Its a disgrase that Sinn Féin, a party that claims to be left wing and fighting for the working class allows landlords into their ranks.

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
Its a disgrase that Sinn Féin, a party that claims to be left wing and fighting for the working class allows landlords into their ranks.
Do you also have to be told. Maurice didn't have anything to do with the house that Willie claimed was a brothel. Why do you think Willie paid out on the libel case ?

turdsl

One thing we do know is that Maurice Quinliven is an an honest man of excellent character and is well worthy to be a candidate.

Limerick Lad

So that's two elections Willie will be paying for next time out
Willie's money may be used to fund two election campaigns next time out but only one of them will be successful!

williewatch

I wonder why Williewatch did not rush this news to us:confused:
Sorry for the delay, down the bookies winning a few euro from the Listowel races.

Presumably Willie O'Dea will not try smear Quinlivan on the run up to this election as well :D

Willie 0'Dea has already paid for "Aras O'Dea", the Limerick Sinn Fein office.

Another smear by O'Dea would do nicely to cover Limerick election expenses for Sinn Fein.

Limerick Lad

Willie funds his own election campaign?
All candidates claim that some of their own personal money is used to defray some of their election expenses perhaps you know different!

The OD

One thing we do know is that Maurice Quinliven is an an honest man of excellent character and is well worthy to be a candidate.
Another thing we do know is that O'Dea is neither honest, trustworthy or particularly bright.

He's a great man for attending funerals though. Apparently high on the good people of Limerick's check list for political office.

Sync

Well god knows they'll need some way of making up the funding. Not his fault, but he didn't have a prayer in a 5 seater, he's not going to do anything in a 4.

O'Dea, Noonan, O'Sullivan and O'Donnell at a canter.

williewatch

Well god knows they'll need some way of making up the funding. Not his fault, but he didn't have a prayer in a 5 seater, he's not going to do anything in a 4.

Not so sure about the last one.

The Salmon of Knowledge

Do you also have to be told. Maurice didn't have anything to do with the house that Willie claimed was a brothel. Why do you think Willie paid out on the libel case ?
I know he had noting to do with the brothel.

Where did i say he did?

I said SF shouldnt be in bed with landlords

D

Deleted member 17573

I know Sailor, there is always some idiot who does
I see you have emerged from your self-imposed exile - are you still not prepared to tell me if you were considering joining FF after you left the Shinners?

CarnivalOfAction

Careful now Willie - you wouldn't want people raising the issue of traditional Shinner funding, would you?
Did SF also get a dig-out from that tent frequented by developers, banksters, spivs & the rest of the greedy FFukkers who wrecked the economy?

Tony Liar

Poor Willie is in for a nasty shock. The way he let Dell close down and then did F all to help the locals will come back to haunt him.

Sync

I know he had noting to do with the brothel.

Where did i say he did?

I said SF shouldnt be in bed with landlords
Quinlivan is not a landlord. Now if you're trying to drag this OT, please confirm and I can help solve that issue.

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie

Don't rule out Power. MQ won't be at the races but he'll poll better than 2007 more because he's a councillor than the whole Willie thing.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies