Max Clifford has died

Gurdiev77

I dont know the gravity of the charges against Clifford, but its sad and salutary to see him , like many other powerful men , ending their years in disgrace and recrimination, courtrooms and tribunals.

Theres something to learn for our 'winner takes all' society . integrity, Kindness and consideration are not to be undervalued in a career.

raetsel

How do you know he is guilty? I mean if the proper operation of the justice system is your actual concern, then you may be interested in things like evidence, trials etc. I know it is somewhat old fashioned and that these days is is far better to rely on more trustworthy indicators of guilt, such as having a feeling about something or just knowing something in your bones, but many are of the view, predominantly those who are not being dosed with liquid Xanax in order to control their raging hormonal torrents of unreason, that the only sound basis for an assertion of guilt is being able to prove said guilt.
Trump had something like 16 accusers at the last count. Do you honestly think that they are all telling lies?

MsDaisyC

Died in prison. A perfect end for his sort.

May there be many many more.

Karloff

THe Guardian is reporting that Clifford died due to cardiac arrest.

A very controversial figure, and arguably a very polarising figure.

Clifford operated in a time when "public relations" in the media involved breaking controversial stories.

Clifford died while serving a prison sentence for indecent assault.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/dec/10/max-clifford-dies-aged-74
The length of his sentence likely involved an element of hatred for a muckraker who stepped on the establishments' toes a few times.

Historical sex abuse charges worry me in general.

My condolences to his family, it's not nice when a person in their 70s dies in prison, terrible place to end your life.

redhead

I dont know the gravity of the charges against Clifford, but its sad and salutary to see him , like many other powerful men , ending their years in disgrace and recrimination, courtrooms and tribunals.

Theres something to learn for our 'winner takes all' society . integrity, Kindness and consideration are not to be undervalued in a career.
Or a life.

redhead

I'd say the opposite would happen.
For those who are just passing the time, yes. For those whose sole purpose is to project their misery onto others, probably not so much.

Cruimh

THe Guardian is reporting that Clifford died due to cardiac arrest.

A very controversial figure, and arguably a very polarising figure.

Clifford operated in a time when "public relations" in the media involved breaking controversial stories.

Clifford died while serving a prison sentence for indecent assault.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/dec/10/max-clifford-dies-aged-74
What did he get sent down for?

Was it some kind of sexual thing?
Operation Yewtree

http://www.politics.ie/forum/united-kingdom/201806-max-clifford-arrested.html

Cruimh

Power corrupts etc.

Though Viz asked if he was such a PR genius why did so many people think him a Cúnt?

Gurdiev77

Power corrupts etc.

Though Viz asked if he was such a PR genius why did so many people think him a Cúnt?
I dont think he was a PR genius. He was skilled at crisis managing the sh1tty end of the market, and it only worked in the days when the papers could publish anything they liked.

and he was smug...... never a good luck.

Karloff

Good riddance to the paedophile, another one dead along with Jimmy Saville.
The youngest was 15.

A 15 year old can be very immature and vulnerable but technically the term paedophile is pushing it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies