Max Clifford has died

darkhorse

Oh ffs get a grip - he didn't do the bidding of the establishment - he hawked seedy gossip for z list models, celebrities and footballers.

Jesus wept.
But nothing criminal about that - right?
He was a thorn in the side of the establishment and he was thrown to the dogs

dresden8

Good riddnace to bad rubbish.

He added not one iota of worth to the world.

GDPR

I suspect that his downfall was mainly fuelled by a carefully crafted revenge, served cool, calm and collected.

The thing is, he deserved it. He was king of the dirty, smut stories which caused endless misery to others.

darkhorse

Good riddnace to bad rubbish.

He added not one iota of worth to the world.
Would u fk off
What could be said about anyone of us when we go?
There is something grotesque about disrespecting the newly dead

darkhorse

I suspect that his downfall was mainly fuelled by a carefully crafted revenge, served cool, calm and collected.

The thing is, he deserved it. He was king of the dirty, smut stories which caused endless misery to others.
Exactly - nothing illegal or untrue about any of it - for the most part

dresden8

Would u fk off
What could be said about anyone of us when we go?
There is something grotesque about disrespecting the newly dead
Having the misfortune to die doesn't improve anybody's worth. If you were a cnt when you were alive your change of position on this mortal coil just makes you a dead cnt.

Death is not the great forgiver. You were a cnt five minutes before you died. Five minutes after you died you were still a cnt. But dead.

Fck right off. The guy was filth. His blood pressure change hasn't exonerated him.

darkhorse

Having the misfortune to die doesn't improve anybody's worth. If you were a cnt when you were alive your change of position on this mortal coil just makes you a dead cnt.

Death is not the great forgiver. You were a cnt five minutes before you died. Five minutes after you died you were still a cnt. But dead.

Fck right off. The guy was filth. His blood pressure change hasn't exonerated him.
From what you say, it would be almost justifiable to kill him...
What did he do to you - nothing?

rainmaker

Administrator
What a load of. He sold wannabe models kiss n tells on Premier League footballers & other such celebrity nonsense - you have a very weird outlook on the world if you believe that seedy, z list celebrity gossip bothers 'the establishment'.

I seriously wonder sometimes what planet you post from.

rainmaker

Administrator

You have a point. Brutally put, but a point none the less.

darkhorse

What a load of. He sold wannabe models kiss n tells on Premier League footballers & other such celebrity nonsense - you have a very weird outlook on the world if you believe that seedy, z list celebrity gossip bothers 'the establishment'.

I seriously wonder sometimes what planet you post from.
You are probably not aware but none of that is illegal in any way
And nothing to do with why he was in prison
Look into it sometime

dresden8

From what you say, it would be almost justifiable to kill him...
What did he do to you - nothing?
You've gone from unsympathetic to vigilante murderer.

You have no sense of proportion.

You are a fool.

Last edited:

Kilbarry

The length of his sentence likely involved an element of hatred for a muckraker who stepped on the establishments' toes a few times.

Historical sex abuse charges worry me in general.

My condolences to his family, it's not nice when a person in their 70s dies in prison, terrible place to end your life.
Hatred for a muckraker who stepped on the toes of the Establishment. Possible but OTOH I'm pretty sure I recall him saying that he hated the Tories and all of the political scandals he engineered were aimed at them. BUT historical sex abuse charges in general, have been aimed almost exclusively at Tories - remember the fake Westminster paedophile "scandal" where Ted Heath, and a former Tory Home Secretary and former heads of MI5 and MI6 AND a former head of the British army were supposed to have raped and murdered children decades ago? Also the bogus allegations against Lord MacAlpine who had been a great supporter of Margaret Thatcher?

Was Max Clifford brought down by a Tory establishment - OR did he just fall victim to the same hysteria that he did so much to promote? If he was a victim, it was the old story of the revolution devouring its own children. What happened in the French Revolution and the Russian and Chinese ones is being repeated with the Sex Revolution. Except that tragedy is being repeated as farce!

artfoley56

to nick a quote from bette davis; You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good . . . Max Clifford is dead. Good

Gurdiev77

sometimes it looked as though operation Yewtree was a programme for jailing smug , smarmy , ugly guys.

do you think they might have biased ?

Kilbarry

"A scumbag who was convicted on the only occasion on which he was innocent"

sometimes it looked as though operation Yewtree was a programme for jailing smug , smarmy , ugly guys.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/disgraced-pr-guru-clifford-dies-after-falls-in-prison-cell-36396293.html
...The allegations in respect of which I have been charged are completely false - very upsetting, very distressing, but completely false," he told reporters outside his home at the time. "I have never indecently assaulted anyone in my life, and this will become clear during the course of the proceedings."

Clifford was arrested as part of an investigation called Operation Yewtree, a wide-ranging inquiry into allegations of past offences spurred by the horrific abuse by Jimmy Savile.

Before he was arrested, Clifford said he had received calls from many celebrities worried they would be caught up in the widening Savile investigation. "They're phoning me and saying, 'Max, I'm worried that I'm going to be implicated,'" Clifford said at the time. "A lot of them can't remember what they did last week, never mind 30 or 40 years ago."...

I recall a comment during an online discussion about a guy who was a bit like Max Clifford. (He was a VERY 'liberal' Catholic priest who was a hero to secular anti-clerics and got a terrible shock when they turned on him!)

The opinion on the Catholic blogosphere seems to be that Shanley is a scumbag who was convicted on the only occasion on which he was innocent.

Much the same applies to Max Clifford.

GDPR

They didn't pick up on Saville until after he was dead and he'd win the ugly contest by a 100 kilometres. Max was definitely smug and smarmy though (and a few other things)

Saville started a trickle which has turned into a (welcome) flood post Weinstein

ellie08

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/britain/disgraced-pr-guru-clifford-dies-after-falls-in-prison-cell-36396293.html
...The allegations in respect of which I have been charged are completely false - very upsetting, very distressing, but completely false," he told reporters outside his home at the time. "I have never indecently assaulted anyone in my life, and this will become clear during the course of the proceedings."

Clifford was arrested as part of an investigation called Operation Yewtree, a wide-ranging inquiry into allegations of past offences spurred by the horrific abuse by Jimmy Savile.

Before he was arrested, Clifford said he had received calls from many celebrities worried they would be caught up in the widening Savile investigation. "They're phoning me and saying, 'Max, I'm worried that I'm going to be implicated,'" Clifford said at the time. "A lot of them can't remember what they did last week, never mind 30 or 40 years ago."...

I recall a comment during an online discussion about a guy who was a bit like Max Clifford. (He was a VERY 'liberal' Catholic priest who was a hero to secular anti-clerics and got a terrible shock when they turned on him!)

The opinion on the Catholic blogosphere seems to be that Shanley is a scumbag who was convicted on the only occasion on which he was innocent.

Much the same applies to Max Clifford.

You are aware the 99% of inmates in prison profess their innocence :rolleyes:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies